Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-09-2006, 10:34 PM   #1
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Peter Brock book & memorabilia thread.

After hearing the sad news today I thought i'd go find the book my dad bought me in 1997 when i was 8 when I met peter brock at a shopping center.

Pretty interesting reading it, havn't touched it for around 5 years, does any one else have one of these?

I'll be hanging onto this thing for ever.

TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
I6corp
Was V6corp

That'll be worth a large amount, dont you dare sell it!
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 10:40 PM   #3
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah I have a copy, ive cheerished it ever since I was given it, now even more-so
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 10:40 PM   #4
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

WOW! Thats great.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 10:41 PM   #5
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

That would be priceless to you!!! Put it in a safe place and look after it.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #6
hsv8
Starter Motor

yep got and will be reading again this week end.

just shattering news I was 10 when this guy won his first bathurst and my dad bought a XU1 home a few months later have followed and admired him since then what a legend this week just sux
hsv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 10:56 PM   #7
HLC
Audi S3

my dad has that book. signed as well. and his name is peter on top of that :P

also got 75 years of holden or whatever it is. i think thats signed by brocky as well..

OH, also, my dad did some drive days with holden and brocky. and my dad drove brocky around Eastern Creek fangin in a statesman... with piccie/signed and other stuff. wow, i totally forgot. my dad has been so lucky.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:42 AM   #8
Boss 260 Ute
Rice aint nice!

Man you are so lucky....Keep it in a safe place and DON'T sell it!
The teletubbies were bred by the wiggles by mating a rhino with a garden gnome. They were intended to be the ultimate warrior for world domination, cute like a gnome, yet violent like a Rhino. Instead they got 4 multicoloured, brainless rhino sized retards.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
^^Those bastards! LOL
Boss 260 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 10:16 AM   #9
FLYXR6
Silvester

My wifes best friend was Peter Brocks P.A. When we got married back in 2004 it was the weekend of Bathurst, So my wifes friend obviously had to be at the mountain. So Peter sent us a letter saying he was sorry for taking away Mels close friend on our special day.

I pulled it out last night and had a look at it.........

Yeah it may be worth alot of money... maybe not but there is no way in the world i will be selling this letter as its a personal thing from Brock to my wife and I.

Just my 2 cents.

I like them sleek and unnoticable, That is untill the pedal is pushed.

www.myspace.com/flyxr6 Myspace URL
www.myspace.com/slvstr01 My cars Myspace URL
FLYXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 10:20 AM   #10
formerly
loving the Xr8

I got that book for christmas years ago... dad lined up in the city for hours to get it signed for me. Completely forgot about it till you posted the pic...will pull it out now and have a look!!
formerly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #11
xwgthoe

Just had a look on eBay under the listing of 'brock' and there was 1461 items across 30 pages - 25 of these pages had been listed since the news of his death.

I have not got a problem with the people that want to buy the memorabillia the problem that I have is all of the scum who are jumping on the gravy train to cash in on a True motorsport hero with absolutely RIDICULOUS starting prices. I just hope that your items do not sell. Sure do this type of thing after the procedures have happened when some one dies but to put these items up for auction (loosely used in circumstances) you are NOT A TRUE FAN OF EITHER PETER BROCK OR MOTORSPORT.........

HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THE MAN THAT HAS GIVEN SO MUCH TO ALL OF US..........
xwgthoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 11:18 AM   #12
Boss 260 Ute
Rice aint nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwgthoe
Just had a look on eBay under the listing of 'brock' and there was 1461 items across 30 pages - 25 of these pages had been listed since the news of his death.

I have not got a problem with the people that want to buy the memorabillia the problem that I have is all of the scum who are jumping on the gravy train to cash in on a True motorsport hero with absolutely RIDICULOUS starting prices. I just hope that your items do not sell. Sure do this type of thing after the procedures have happened when some one dies but to put these items up for auction (loosely used in circumstances) you are NOT A TRUE FAN OF EITHER PETER BROCK OR MOTORSPORT.........

HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THE MAN THAT HAS GIVEN SO MUCH TO ALL OF US..........
Have a look at http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brock-Mezera-...QQcmdZViewItem

Just a tad expensive don't ya reckon?
The teletubbies were bred by the wiggles by mating a rhino with a garden gnome. They were intended to be the ultimate warrior for world domination, cute like a gnome, yet violent like a Rhino. Instead they got 4 multicoloured, brainless rhino sized retards.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
^^Those bastards! LOL
Boss 260 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #13
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I rarely get on the computer these day's. But with a few day's off, and out of boredom and curiosty, I had a look through Ebay Thursday at some of the motorsport related stuff. There was around 4 pages of Brock memoribillia. Like Boss and xwgthoe pointed out, the amount of stuff that's on there, (latest was around 25 pages), and what they think it's worth, is astounding. One of the first things on there were plates, starting from $3000 to $5000. That was at 4.30 Friday afternoon. One person has today's paper on there!!
I have a signed picture of Brocks 1969 Monaro and the book above here at home, that I will keep. I also had a signed hat and picture from his round Australia trial from 1997 that I threw out about a month ago when we moved.....
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 12:16 PM   #14
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Not only the books. But the original Group A VK's.......

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 02:59 PM   #15
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I brought the 25 years of HDT special vehicles DVD a few weeks ago. Man I wish I could get it signed by him.

My dad was going to also going to send his VL Calais V8 glovebox, to get it signed by Brockie.

I'll be hanging onto anything, that's Brockie related.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 05:51 PM   #16
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

i think the trend of trying to make money out of these items will wind up quickly as Brocky signed heaps of stuff

i was lucky enough to be at the Photo shoot a few months back For unique cars where brocky and moffat where driving each others cars as if it was back in 71
it was a great day and both drivers were great i got a few things signed and will hold onto them for a long time thanks to the Bowden Family ,Unique cars,Pete and Alan

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post