Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Default I am in love with DYNAMAT

Before:

Before the dynamat, my crossover sooo sxc!

After:

Just before i finished up..

Before i put the tweeter in the A-pillar thingy dooley

Boot:

All up used 9 sheets of dynamat, 3 on each door and 3 on the boot. Still a couple of rattles in the boot, but it is soooooooooo much better

Before, when i used to turn the volume up to 32 it began to rattle.. Now i can get upto 44 before i start noticing vibrations. That is too damn loud for me anywaiz! Inside the cabin it sounds sooooooo much better.

First thing I am ever gonna do if i ever get another car.

Gonna buy some wood to cover up the holes in the boot and then use more dynamat

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its great stuff mate. Really improve sound quality too.

I have around 4 packets in each door and had around 12 packets in the boot (until it got hit..) I can tell the difference of not having it, too having it, then not having it again.

I am buying another 12 packets this pay and going to re-do the boot and to the parcel shelf. Cant wait to hear how it will sound then!

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Is it heavy stuff??
ie will it make the car go slower haha
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #4
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Good Product but damn time consuming to install. Took me 24 hrs a door including mdf plates to blank service holes.
Old 13-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
AUbigfoot
Ford beginner

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Looks tidy! Well done.

Where abouts did you get this stuff?
AUbigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy-au
Its great stuff mate. Really improve sound quality too.

I have around 4 packets in each door and had around 12 packets in the boot (until it got hit..) I can tell the difference of not having it, too having it, then not having it again.

I am buying another 12 packets this pay and going to re-do the boot and to the parcel shelf. Cant wait to hear how it will sound then!
12 packs! That's insane!

The bulk pack i got only had 9 sheets. I am going to get another bulk pack probably next week and put in another 4-5 sheets in the boot and another couple in each of the front doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
Is it heavy stuff??
ie will it make the car go slower haha
I reckon each sheet is probably 2-3kgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensbigfoot
Looks tidy! Well done.

Where abouts did you get this stuff?
I got it from ryda.com Much cheaper than other places

Quote:
Originally Posted by hords
Good Product but damn time consuming to install. Took me 24 hrs a door including mdf plates to blank service holes.
Goddamn Son! haha

I was thinking about getting some mdf or similar, but if it takes that long.. maybe i'll reconsider

Im sure it will be worth it tho, i dunno if i cbf!

Took me and a mate from around 10-1:30 to do one door each, including taking out all sound eqpt, degreasing, talking crap etc... then i did the boot and it took me about an hour and a half and today was sooooooooooo bloody hot!

Currently:

Last edited by ayeyew; 13-01-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 13-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When used correctly it does a great job! I love what LG has done. His car would be great on the road having his floors and everything done!

I have to put new carpet and dash etc in so will be doing the same!

Old 13-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #8
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

The befor and after pics also suggest it can justa LH door into a RH door too :1syellow1
Old 13-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #9
ayeyew
Teh Baest

My mate did the LHS, but he finished before me! So i didnt get time to take the photo of his side lol

His side was so much neater too, lol

smart *** :P

One thing i just noticed too, i seriously have around 15-20 small cuts (like paper cuts) on my fingers, lol.. I didnt even notice them until i washed my hands, lol

The sound when i shut my doors and boot now is soooooo different, lol.

Geez i say lol alot... lol?

Currently:
Old 13-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
I got it from ryda.com Much cheaper than other places
Goes and checks the CORRECT website of www.ryda.com.au lol! i used these guys to buy my Fusion Speakers :P
Old 13-01-2009, 11:43 PM   #11
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Ayeyew, bloody beautiful job matey. Love what you have done and I think I might be spending some $$$ soon to get some for Lucifa
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 11:47 PM   #12
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Question, do you need to line both the inside cavity of the door, and behind the door card?
Old 14-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #13
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

you can line anywhere with dynamat but i personally wouldn't line the outer door skin because as soon as you put the window down on a rainy day or you put it down after washing it the moisture will get in between the sheeting and the door and you will have it start to rust. i did just under the door trims on the doors but not the outer skin, made alot of difference, but thats just me, depends on how serious you are about music and if u r going to compete in comps or what not...
Current Mods-HD Built Gearbox+(Mirror Polished, Modified Valve Body), 2500rpm Hi-Stall Convertor(TCE Custom Built), BIG Trans Cooler, Braided Lines/Speedflow Fittings, 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Detailed UnderCarriage, Custom SQ Stereo Install.
My Ride
My Build Thread
sikford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #14
dub racing
t3 own the road

Putting it on the outer skin cuts roads noise while putting it on the inner skin will give you better sound by stoping vibration .I would also recommend putting a small mdf spacer behind speaker as this helps also by making something more solid to screw speaker to rather than just door shell .

I used 3 bulk packs of dynamat and one stinger roadkill door kit for my ef fairmont ,i still get vibrations if i realy crank it but its not your everyday setup you cant buy the speakers or amps from jb hi fi , strathfield ,etc.

cheers mark
dub racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my biggest rattle nowadays is my roof interior light
and my parcel shelf

and somthing thats very metallic under the car near the boot/bumper but its outside and only if i crank the hell out of it so sall good
i only used Flashtac but id like to give the dynamat a go next time
Old 14-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #16
The Monty
Just slidin'

I can vouch for Blackers Flashtac. At the drive in, we both had our stereos up loud. His barely rattled at all from the outside. You could hear my boot rattling 5 rows up, inside a toilet block. Must have annoyed the hell out of people.
Old 14-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #17
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didnt know it made that much difference. Top product and ive seen it used in many XY resto's as well. So it must be good
mickyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #18
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub racing
Putting it on the outer skin cuts roads noise while putting it on the inner skin will give you better sound by stoping vibration .I would also recommend putting a small mdf spacer behind speaker as this helps also by making something more solid to screw speaker to rather than just door shell .

I used 3 bulk packs of dynamat and one stinger roadkill door kit for my ef fairmont ,i still get vibrations if i realy crank it but its not your everyday setup you cant buy the speakers or amps from jb hi fi , strathfield ,etc.

cheers mark
I fabricated some 6.5" MDF spacers to suit and painted them black to kind of blend in with the speakers, then dynamatted around that too

I spent around $3k on my system all up, Rockford Fosgate, MB Quart, Eclipse, Soundstream and Clarion not the typical $500 Sony install

Did you dynamat your rear doors also? I dont crank my system loud enough for them to start vibrating, so i figured why bother

I def need another bulk pack of dynamat, but got a couple other things to do before that, cuz i kinda figure it's like a law of diminishing returns, like i doubt i would notice as much difference from that 2nd bulk pack as i did from putting in the first pack.

Currently:
Old 14-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #19
STROPP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My ute has the whole interior done floors roof doors rear wall the lot, sounds good inside. Stropp
Old 14-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #20
fourl6
AU Falcon Man

dynamats next on my cards... i completely mashed up the foam in my doors when i fitted the ba trims lol...

2015 SZ MkII Ford Territory TS
Aero Blue, RWD Petrol, Standard Sat Nav.

2013 TF Ford Kuga Ambiente
Panther Black, AWD, 6 Speed Auto, 1.6lt ecoBoost Turbo Petrol.

Was
2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock...

2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

1994 EF Ford Fairmont
Gun Metal Grey, Lumpy Straight 6
fourl6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #21
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

my doors sound pretty dead with it in, i still have the foam in there as well as the deadener and you can tell which door i have done.lol
Current Mods-HD Built Gearbox+(Mirror Polished, Modified Valve Body), 2500rpm Hi-Stall Convertor(TCE Custom Built), BIG Trans Cooler, Braided Lines/Speedflow Fittings, 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Detailed UnderCarriage, Custom SQ Stereo Install.
My Ride
My Build Thread
sikford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #22
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikford
my doors sound pretty dead with it in, i still have the foam in there as well as the deadener and you can tell which door i have done.lol
LoL, it such a different sound when you close the door! Yeah, i left the foam in mine, cuz i figure it must help a little!

After 3 sheets of dynamat on the boot, the mrs cant even lift up the boot anymore (was already heavier than normal due to the double spoiler) hahaha
Imagine the trouble she is gonna have when i put another 5 or 6 sheets on it MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I might just give up saving for a gym set and just do bicep curls with my bootlid?

Currently:
Old 14-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #23
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

If you guys need dynamat I can probably do a forum special if youd like..

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #24
dub racing
t3 own the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
I fabricated some 6.5" MDF spacers to suit and painted them black to kind of blend in with the speakers, then dynamatted around that too

I spent around $3k on my system all up, Rockford Fosgate, MB Quart, Eclipse, Soundstream and Clarion not the typical $500 Sony install

Did you dynamat your rear doors also? I dont crank my system loud enough for them to start vibrating, so i figured why bother

I def need another bulk pack of dynamat, but got a couple other things to do before that, cuz i kinda figure it's like a law of diminishing returns, like i doubt i would notice as much difference from that 2nd bulk pack as i did from putting in the first pack.
No i didnt do the back doors ,3K i was there once but now its gone a bit silly , i have a oz audio 3way front stage with a 6.5 (bass)and 5.25(midrange) inch speakers in front doors and tweets(highs) in dash and 2 X 12 G5 boston subs in boot powered by brax and arc audio ,all run through a alpine processer .I went sick on the front doors , covered entire boot even up quarter panel and parcel shelf with dynamat,i have taken the rear speakers and factory sub out of parcel shelf so the subs port into cabin better still have the grills there but no speakers .I also have some focal plain chant behind midrange speakers in the doors.All so last time i drove my car my rear view mirror said no more and has become quite loose from all the thumping bass .
cheers mark
dub racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 12:45 AM   #25
AUbigfoot
Ford beginner

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
If you guys need dynamat I can probably do a forum special if youd like..
id be interested...
AUbigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #26
brad`
The Monty

makes 2 of us

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #27
low au classic
EA FALCONED

and one more is 3 lol

SVO wheels 16x7 & 16x8
SVO MOMO steering wheel
SVO rear spoiler
SVO dash cluster
SVO RECARO trim
SVO headers
SVO grille
Sounds good pity it hasn’t ran in 3 years
low au classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #28
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Make that 4... hehe
Old 16-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #29
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That makes 5 ;)

I would needs lots of it too Stav!

Old 16-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #30
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

I'd be +6
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post