Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
wanec
Starter Motor

Default au 3 dash (wierd) problems

help my AU has gone mad, the dash is all over the place. I turn off ignition and it still has a mileage, cruise and econ along with other symbols showing, i guess it means im still getting power to the instrument cluster? pulled cluster out over xmas but didnt see anything that i could pick up. after that the tacho appears correct the speedo is reading double temp and fuel gauges automatically go to normal and 1/4 tank, when I fill the tank it goes too half only on the gauge.
The radio has gone beserk, with ignition off i can turn it on place it on am/fm and select any station or volume.
When i turn on ignition it will only operate on the last station it was on, also the volume works its way up to full so i have too keep turning it off and on untill it stays at the volume i want.
Have looked at some of the threads on here but not found my problem yet checked out all but three of the of the relays which are bolted in, thanks for reading id appreciate any help

wanec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
T-Pak Addict
Jim

sounds like an earth problem.... I would check all earth connections

Oh you can turn the radio on normally anyway when the ignition is off.... I miss that feature on my aftermarket stereo.....

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
T-Pak Addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post