Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
spike1508

Default howto remove panel where passenger air bag would go? AU

Just wondering how i would go about removing the passenger air bag panel to access in behind there to find a rattle..

thanks

spike1508 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 04:03 AM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

disconnect battery for 20 mins , i took my air bag pad out by carefully prying on each corner with a wide wood chisel believe it or not, so as not to damage the pad or the dash but you can use anything that will do the job, the pad is held in place with 4 white delicate brakeable plastic pins/fasteners ........yes you have to brake the clips then buy new ones when putting it back together, once the pad is loose you can lift it upwards out of the way maybe tape it up as it is secured to the steel air bag frame with seat belt webbing, then you will notice 4 x 10 mm bolts (from memory) that hold the main air bag assembly to the dash, the bag is held in a heavy pressed steel frame because its basicly a small explosive charge that sets off the air bag, once the 4 bolts are out you can gently lift the assembly high enough to remove the air bag trigger wire on the back, be very carefull, if you damage the airbag these things cost an arm and a leg to replace, one other thing before touching the trigger wire, i would touch a metal part of the body before touching the trigger wire just in case of static electricity, hope you find your rattle.
cheers mik.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #3
spike1508

thanks mate..
will give it a go tonight..
thanks
spike1508 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

If you dont have an airbag in there, I think it just levers out.
Old 21-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, still has the little white break off clips, but it will sit in there fine with out them,

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
The Monty
Just slidin'

I think every clip in the AU is break off, lol. They are when I touch them anyway.