Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
au1985
Starter Motor

Default AU Falcon Hard to start

My AU is slow to start, the best word to describe it would be a lazy turnover but it does always starts, except for yesterday after it had been sitting for 3 days, it kept turning over no problem but wouldn't start, so switched off ignition and tried it again and it started immediatly.
I've tested the battery both when the car is running and when the car is turned off and i'm getting good voltage readings both times, so i've eliminated that, i'm possibly thinking its a fuel delivery problem, is this a known problem with AU's, any further info on this or any other causes to this problem would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks guys

au1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AU Falcon Hard to start

A battery can have the correct volts but be low on amps which will cause it to be slow whilst cranking.
Old 16-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

To properly test the battery, you need to get a volt reading as your cranking it over..

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #4
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yeah, I'd prove the battery by swapping with a known "good" battery.

It's the least complicated thing to do as well as the most likely source of the problem.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post