Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
focus36
Starter Motor

Default 2006 LS Focus in progress...

Ok here goes.
I bought this a few months ago and having never had a car that i've kept standard... well it was inevitable that this was going to go along those lines too. So far I have had the whole exhaust replaced with X-Force 4-1 headers, hi-flow cat and 2.5" piping from there back (resonator, hi-flow muffler, resonator). A pacemaker 'cheater' device was used post catalytic converter (hi-flow cats take away alot of restriction, therefore something needs to be done to keep engine computers happy in regards to oxygen sensors) and i have thus never seen a check engine light

Many thanks go to DZford for his help and experience with this system. (i spent ages trying to find an australian sourced system! turns out it's not to be found under focus, but mazda 3).

When this was all sorted i knew that the intake would need much freeing up, and it did. So the next step, get rid of that stupid resonator (lower airbox) in front of the front passenger wheel. We decided on going with piping cold air from the passenger fog light cover (no fog lights in my car). Leaving the stock airbox in the engine bay means it looks standard and still legal However, there is nothing inside it, just piping to take air straight into the throttle body. Getting the lower airbox out was a pain, but my mate pete figured that one out without having to remove much else on the car (only wheel and inner wheel guard needed to come off).

Plumbing pipe fitted perfectly and is cheap as chips. It feels straight into the upper airbox, two 90 degree bends and it finds itself with a pod filter stuck on the end of it at the back of the fog light cover (where there is already a conveniently sized whole for air to pass into).

That job isn't quite finished, just need to get the fog light cover cut out and then neatened up with mesh and that will all go back in.

I have had a rear strut brace from a previous car (subaru) laying around and finally got around to getting that fitted (i personally think rear braces on hatches/wagons make a noticable difference, certainly did on the subi). My mechanic did a neat job of that and not only do i notice it tighter in the back, but it also gets rid of those annoying squeeks from the rear seats.

Next on the list is new springs and shocks, and it looks like i'll be going with a pedders set (not coilovers), the 10% discount from this site will help muchly too

Then will look at new pads (possibly rotors).
Then start investigating new cams.

Oh and the wheels are 17" Advanti's with 225/45's on them. Nothing great in the way of rubber on them at the moment, but that will probably change down the track

Hopefully all these photos show up properly, been having problems with that...

focus36 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
focus36
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2006 LS Focus in progress...

Here is a video of my car doing a pass with the intake and exhaust system fitted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raKqbCt0WdI
Old 14-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
GTP287
BOSS 340

Hey mate,
Sounds very nice going past at speed.
is there any chance that you can upload some vids of the idle note and acceleration from a standing start??
Looking at getting the same setup..
Custom tuned by Dyno-Mite Performance.... 278.8 rwkw
GTP287 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Looks good mate, that is a really shiney pipe

Sounds good too!

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
focus36
Starter Motor

Cheers guys.
Should be doing some more drives soon so i will get some videos for you.

Yeah the pipes have really started to turn shiny blue/purple now
Old 14-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus36
Many thanks go to DZford for his help and experience with this system. (i spent ages trying to find an australian sourced system! turns out it's not to be found under focus, but mazda 3).
No worries mate. You car sounds great (I know I'm a little biased), and it looks like there are some good plans ahead!
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2011, 12:33 AM   #7
focus36
Starter Motor

cams and valve springs to see it deliver power up around 8000rpm is VERY tempting
Old 16-09-2011, 12:45 AM   #8
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Very shiny indeed...nice sound to it as well.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2014, 02:44 AM   #9
FocusJames
Starter Motor

Hey Focus 36, that induction setup looks wicked could you post some pics of how to do it? I can't figure out how to remove that massive plastic air baffle that the stock airbox gets a feed from
FocusJames is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post