Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 31-12-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
havoc19
Banned

Question zorst and cam

yeh i got a 94 ed what sort of zorst and cam would u suggest i want a nice loud note while not bein illegal :

havoc19 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 08:36 PM   #2
edfairmint

while poeple are suggestin stuff for this chap, can someone suggest for me an exhaust and extractor setup. I am wantin it more for any performance gain more than the sound want something nice and quite but wouldnt mind it to sound beasty when you give it a good kick in the guts if it makes sense, any advice appreciated
cheers
evan
edfairmint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 08:21 AM   #3
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

hey just take off a rear muffler, if its a sedan, u should have the ;
*exhaust manifold
*catalytic converter
*small straight through muffler
*finally a large muffler down the back.
just take off the big one and weld some pipe in its place.
at idle you hear nothing much at all.
but stab the foot to about 3000-4000rpm's and it growls, plus u get the gurgling when you deselerate!!!! cheap and easy, i havent been picked on by the coppers for it, and i have been pulled over many times, for breathos and licence checks, and roadworthies.
also with a set of wildcat extractors, its no louder, but alot more powerful!!
have fun

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #4
Nemesis
8 is always better than 6

i run a set of lukey extractors and a 2.5 inch system with one central muffler, and its a good compromise between sound and performance, you dont hear it pottering around but when you get over 2500rpm it growls fairly loud

1992 Ford Falcon EB GLi
Lukey Extractors / 2.5inch exhaust / 17" CSA Gladiator Wheels / Clear Side indicators and Repeaters / S-Pack Instrument Cluster / Trip Computer / Cruise Control / Lovells Lowered Springs and Shocks / EL Engine Transplant / Manual Conversion / BA XR6 HD Clutch / Alpine HU, Alpine Type-S 2x12" subs, Alpine Type-S Splits and 6" 2-ways
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would recommend Pacemaker Competition extractors, 2 1/2 High Flow Cat and a 2 1/2 inch exhaust, with 2 mufflers if you want to stay legal...

Thats pretty much what i have, except, i only have one muffler, and its extremely loud, like starting to annoy me. I will be getting a rear muffler fitted one day!!!