Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 11-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Fiesta for My Kids

Hi Guys, a few of you may have noticed I'm still shopping for a car for my red P'd daughter & L plate son.
Needs to be safe (4 star min) & reliable. Had been looking at manual Focus LX from about 2005 but nothing has worked out; so thought I'd review the Fiesta options and there are a few nice manual WP models that seem to fit the bill.
A few questions on options & equipment that seem to have conflicting data - Rear brakes; drum or disc? ABS; could this be optioned into an LX manual & if so how do I tell? Timing belt changes are recommended when? Fog lights standard or option?
Anything else we need to be wary of?
I have checked the brochure scans but none are available for the years of interest, so any help would be appreciated.

2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Default Re: Fiesta for My Kids

I can't help with a WP, but the WQ;
Rear drums, they still use them, ABS was optional on the LX.
Timing belts are at 150k.
Fog lights were only available on Zetec or Ghia.
WQ Zetec got sports suspension, close ratio gearbox & 16inch alloys as standard. Tyres are an obscure size, but getting easier to find.
Mine's on 99k & still with original brakes, third set of tyres & no other problems.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a WP 04 Model Zetec. (probably the best one of the bunch as it has the ABS). Bought it at 96000kms, went through a waterpump, had front brakes replaced, tyres and a clutch. Done 135000kms now and still drives brilliantly.

I got it when i was on my red p's. Now on my Green P's bought a WT Fiesta Zetec... So i do like em.
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well guys we bit the bullet today & bought ourselves a 2004 WP Fiesta ZETEC 5sp with 66,000km on the clock. A few things to fix up from the dealer & we collect it later in the week.
Thanks for the input it was much appreciated.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post