Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-02-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Default New sump

Hey guys,

Well, we've struggled with this enough. For some reason it seems that regardless of how many people get involved with my sump plug leak it is determined to continue. We had it stopped for about two days, but then....there it is again.

Out of the few of us trying to resolve this 1 is a pro, and the rest of us have been building and modifying cars for more than a quarter of a century each, so I'm going to take the 'determining solution'.

It looks as though the only way to fix this thing properly is to fit a new sump to my 5.0L EB. We've done all the usual stuff, but apart from bodgying it up there seems no REAL way to stop the leak.

I'm looking for suggestions on what to fit, if I decide to go aftermarket (and where you guys buy your bits). Otherwise, anybody know where I can find a new or REALLY good second hand unit.

I've checked Rare Spares, but none listed.

The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post