Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #361
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Default Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

They should all have the sensor in them, I'd say that all models have it. I might run mine to empty and see if/when it brings up a prompt on the dash.

The other way to find out if it's low is to wait until it runs out. If you are unsure and want to keep water in there, just refill it up to the top.

Easy done.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 12:39 PM   #362
csfulton

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormM67 View Post
Hi guys,
Do all models (or any) have this indicator? If so does it come on when empty or when nearly empty?
Not at all. Mine went empty, and no prompt appeared.

Also, does anyone have a lock nut on a single wheel (other three dont have one)? Mine only has one lock nut, and I got no idea where the key is, I wasn't shown this at pickup.

Tried looking for it, and could not find it, and apparently Service department did not mentioned that it was missing during its 3000 service. So I or them should have it.

Also, I have been keeping track of my fuel usage, and the L/100Km seems to be quite optimistic. After 8,000Km the average is 7.4L/100Km. Although the computer for most of that time suggests I have been a good boy maintaining around 6.4-6.8L/100Km

EG, my last fill up before reset, it said I was at 6.8L/100Km, but the number of Km I did compared to the distance driven showed it was actually 7.2L/100km
So I am going to start comparing the results there and see if there is an issue.

Lastly, I found that Ford have added 5Km/h to the speedo. I can only be sure of the figures after 50 since I compared it with cruse control on. Its ECU is giving a different figure from the digital speedo. Tested on flat road with no acceleration.

CC Set to 50Km/h - Car indicated speed 50Km/h - ScanGauge from ECU - 45Km/h
CC Set to 60Km/h - Car indicated speed 60Km/h - ScanGauge from ECU - 55Km/h
CC Set to 70Km/h - Car indicated speed 70Km/h - ScanGauge from ECU - 65Km/h
CC Set to 80Km/h - Car indicated speed 80Km/h - ScanGauge from ECU - 75Km/h
CC Set to 100Km/h - Car indicated speed 100Km/h - ScanGauge from ECU - 95Km/h

At 0Km/h the Scan Gauge also says 0Km/h
csfulton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 06:08 PM   #363
steve289

i posted this on another forum earlier in the year, just after we picked up the LZ. My speeds were checked against a Garmin GPS / bike computer.
close to your results csfulton

Checked speed against my Garmin Edge 500 (bike computer GPS)
Focus : 100 km/hr – Garmin : 96 km/hr
Focus : 103 km/hr – Garmin : 100 km/hr

GPS speed was fluctuating up & down by a few km, this was the average speed indicated.
steve289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 07:03 PM   #364
NormM67

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve289 View Post
i posted this on another forum earlier in the year, just after we picked up the LZ. My speeds were checked against a Garmin GPS / bike computer.
close to your results csfulton

Checked speed against my Garmin Edge 500 (bike computer GPS)
Focus : 100 km/hr – Garmin : 96 km/hr
Focus : 103 km/hr – Garmin : 100 km/hr

GPS speed was fluctuating up & down by a few km, this was the average speed indicated.
According to GPS on my Dashcam, indicated speed is always 4km/h slower then the GPS indicated speed. Doesn't matter what speed you're doing, it's always 4km/h slower. Not sure about speeds below about 10km/h though I'll admit.

In case your wondering how I check this, I'll call out the cars indicated speed then match the speed I've called out against the GPS speed when viewing the recording

Also, thanks @csfulton for verifying the washer level predicament. I suspected the Trend would probably not have this sensor. I might just have to carry some washer fluid in the car for the day it does run out. I'm going to grab some Einszett 1Z Kristallklar Windshield Washer Fluid Concentrate (when Car Care Products have it back on stock) and don't want to mix it with what Ford provided.

Norm.
NormM67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2016, 10:28 PM   #365
WindsorXR

Yeah, we have a speed readout on one of the bridges on the way to Melbourne. My speedo is out by 4kph.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 24-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #366
shellstar98

Hi I have ordered a ford focus sport 2016 and it is sailing as we speak does anyone know how many days it takes to get to melbourne from thailand? T.I.A
shellstar98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2016, 10:47 AM   #367
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellstar98 View Post
Hi I have ordered a ford focus sport 2016 and it is sailing as we speak does anyone know how many days it takes to get to melbourne from thailand? T.I.A
Approximately 11-14 days for east coast.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2016, 12:25 PM   #368
shellstar98

Hi I am back so excited dealer quoted me an eta 7.7.16 for the arrival of my focus sport but ford australia have confirmed the car is now in australia and I have a vin number..How long does it generally take to exit customs and the dealership to take over thanx any info would be great.
Old 27-06-2016, 06:52 PM   #369
Pman35
Starter Motor

Hi Shellstar98 I've currently got a Focus Sport Winning Blue Auto arriving (hopefully) on 30/6 after paying my deposit on 9/4 so it can take awhile! Given the car is now in Australia and depending on what state you live in I'd say give it a week or two. Mine is getting tinted windows, paint protection, wind shields and upgrade to 18" wheels so will spend a few more days at dealership before pick-up. Won't be long now and reckon it will be worth the wait.
Pman35 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2016, 08:09 PM   #370
KosCo

I will now be looking seriously at one of the new Sync 3 models. Can I ask how much of a deposit you have to put down. Considering that some of you have indicated that it looks like it can take up to 10 weeks before your car arrives, can you cancel and get your deposit back if it really takes too long for the vehicle to arrive? Do they give you a definite date when the car will arrive and how accurate are they with that date?
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2016, 08:19 PM   #371
Victor1

I only put $100 deposit down on my sync 3 but that was under the buy back scheme.
And the arrival date is still undetermined ,possibly late July August.
If you put a deposit down under finance and it is approved within 48 hrs you will lose your deposit and Also possibly incur a further loss if all paperwork has been signed,and you then cancel the deal.
Victor1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2016, 08:25 PM   #372
shellstar98

Hi put a $700 deposit down may 23rd the dealer's eta was the 23rd july but its looking like the 10th now
Old 28-06-2016, 08:33 PM   #373
Victor1

That is very quick supply,are you sure it's a sync 3 as I was under the impression that they are released the 1-7-16 from build date.
Victor1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2016, 01:46 AM   #374
shellstar98

Hi victor no I have sync 2 not really fussed about sync 3
Old 29-06-2016, 03:43 PM   #375
KosCo

Thanks for the info. on deposits and delivery dates. Will help when I start talking with them next week.
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2016, 09:40 PM   #376
shellstar98

Smile Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

getting excited pick my beast up on friday ....
Old 06-07-2016, 09:41 PM   #377
shellstar98

Smile Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

getting excited pick my beast up on friday ...
Old 06-07-2016, 09:51 PM   #378
NormM67

Quote:
getting excited pick my beast up on friday ....
That's great. Have fun ☺

We might actually start seeing these on the road if more people buy them. Actually saw another LZ the other day, that's two now I've seen in the four months I've owned mine (not counting the ones at the dealership)
Old 06-07-2016, 11:16 PM   #379
shellstar98

Hi norm I have only seen one other like mine where I live.. I'm hoping I picked the right colour as there were no demos around I didn't even drive it lol .. I saw one in white and fell in love but I think the blue will be amazing.. I think the focus has a bad name from the lw model being a complete lemon..��
Old 06-07-2016, 11:44 PM   #380
NormM67

Quote:
I saw one in white and fell in love but I think the blue will be amazing.. I think the focus has a bad name from the lw model being a complete lemon..��
Hi shellstar. My Winning Blue really stands out in the car park at work among all the other white/silver/grey cars. I wash mine weekly so it's always sparkling away ☺.

I think Ford has given up in the small car segment and not bothering trying to compete with the likes of the Hyundai i30/Mazda3s etc which is a shame as the Focus is a really great car. They seem to be more interested in flogging off the Ranger these days.

I wasn't even looking at the Focus when I was looking at cars, I was going to get an i30 myself then I read somewhere about how great the EcoBoost engine was in the new LZ Focus so added that to my list of cars to check out/test drive. One test drive and the car sold itself. 😊
Old 07-07-2016, 12:14 AM   #381
WindsorXR

Quote:
I think Ford has given up in the small car segment and not bothering trying to compete with the likes of the Hyundai i30/Mazda3s etc which is a shame as the Focus is a really great car. They seem to be more interested in flogging off the Ranger these days........
Couldn't be more wrong. Ford are very active in the small car market. Although the Ranger and Everest markets are really working for them, especially with profit margins, the small car market is one that requires a great showing in terms of competition with other manufacturers. Small car market is a massive seller as the last few years have shown it trending up.

They definitely haven't given up. The Focus shows that. Unbelievable car for the price and a lot of ads about for it.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 07-07-2016, 12:36 AM   #382
NormM67

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorXR View Post
They definitely haven't given up. The Focus shows that. Unbelievable car for the price and a lot of ads about for it.
The only add I've seen for the LZ is the one with the blue drums. The whole add is about the 'Teched Up Focus' which just goes on about the voice commands/nav and rear camera. Nowhere do they actually piont out the real features of the car itself. Total fail on Ford's behalf as far as I can see. The sales figures speak for themselves...
Old 07-07-2016, 08:46 AM   #383
shellstar98

Norm you have seen one more ad than me.. The only reason I looked at ford is because I wanted a new focus .. I own an older version and love it, a 2006 ford focus zetec fantastic zippy little car.. It just happened that I was looking on the ford website when I came across the winning blue sport version😊..
Old 07-07-2016, 12:38 PM   #384
WindsorXR

Considering that Ford were struggling keeping up supply for demand on the latest Focus, I'd say that it selling pretty well.
There aren't enough shipments coming this way.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 07-07-2016, 06:37 PM   #385
rustyinsthoz
Starter Motor

I have had my winning blue sport for six weeks now. Have had no issues and really enjoying the car, especially out on the open road and in the twisties. Around town it is a bit non responsive. Being a manual you find yourself dropping from fifth to third alot to get meaningful acceleration because you are off boost.
I like the fact that the LZ is quite rare. Have only seen 2 in my locale.
rustyinsthoz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2016, 09:32 PM   #386
4cyl_Turbo

They are quite rare still, only seen 3 LZ's.
One of those however is an identical coloured titanium in the car park at work.
Would you believe it! At least I can get some spare parts for free :o)

The day I spend 20 minutes trying to get into my car, thinking the remote is stuff, will be real funny to eventually work out its the wrong car.
Even funnier if I see the other guy doing that.
2018 Ford Focus SA Titanium - white (current)
4cyl_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2016, 10:51 PM   #387
NormM67

Quote:
Considering that Ford were struggling keeping up supply for demand on the latest Focus, I'd say that it selling pretty well.
There aren't enough shipments coming this way.
Sorry but that just supports my point that they aren't trying to sell them. If they were serious they'd bring in enough to supply the 'demand'.

Sales figures for 2016 so far are the Focus is down 46.4% and the Fiesta is down 46.3%. Yeah they're really 'selling pretty well'.

I love my Focus and think it's a great car but if you really believe they're selling well in Australia you're living in a fantasy world.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:51 PM   #388
WindsorXR

I think we have about 3 or 4 ST's and maybe around 5 or so Sports or Titaniums.
I work out at Ford, so probably a little more than anywhere else. Hahaha

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 07-07-2016, 10:54 PM   #389
WindsorXR

Quote:
Sorry but that just supports my point that they aren't trying to sell them. If they were serious they'd bring in enough to supply the 'demand'.

Sales figures for 2016 so far are the Focus is down 46.4% and the Fiesta is down 46.3%. Yeah they're really 'selling pretty well'.

I love my Focus and think it's a great car but if you really believe they're selling well in Australia you're living in a fantasy world.
You do know that they sell the Focus in a lot of other countries?
They don't have enough shipments to supply to everywhere at once.

They may as well just stop selling all Focus and Fiesta vehicles hey?
Obviously not trying hard enough for you.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 07-07-2016, 11:02 PM   #390
NormM67

Quote:
You do know that they sell the Focus in a lot of other countries?
Yeap, same as Hyundai, Mazda, Toyota etc. Your point is?