Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-01-2018, 06:11 PM   #541
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaplay View Post
Have any previous LW Mk1 (German) owners noticed the little things Ford has done to save money on the new car?

So far I've noticed the following:
  • Ambient lighting in the overhead console has changed from red bars to small lamps.
  • No shelf in the glovebox for the owners manual or zip up cover for the manual.
  • Flimsy passenger side fuse cover (fallen off twice).
  • No ISOFIX points.
  • Glovebox light is now an exposed bulb rather than having a lense.
  • Matt painted trim rather than glossy trim.

Other than that I do find it to be a much better car, in fact, most of those could probably be fixed/retrofitted with parts from older models.

Love the Sync 3 system but ours never seems to update, just fails.
huh?
I have the same overhead one light.
I don't exactly have a shelf but there are flat bits each side that the manual will slide in acting like a shelf. My did come with a zip cover though.
Mine never had a cover. Unless you are talking about that fabric help done by two points.
Unsure if mine has ISOFIX points but there is the plastic dots on the seat indicating some kind of mounting system so I probably have it.
My glovebox light is also an exposed bulb, no lense.
All my trim is matte.

I have a MK1 LW.

Are you just confusing trim levels?
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2018, 07:47 PM   #542
NormM67

Quote:
Have any previous LW Mk1 (German) owners noticed the little things Ford has done to save money on the new car?

So far I've noticed the following:
  • Ambient lighting in the overhead console has changed from red bars to small lamps.
  • No shelf in the glovebox for the owners manual or zip up cover for the manual.
  • Flimsy passenger side fuse cover (fallen off twice).
  • No ISOFIX points.
  • Glovebox light is now an exposed bulb rather than having a lense.
  • Matt painted trim rather than glossy trim.

Other than that I do find it to be a much better car, in fact, most of those could probably be fixed/retrofitted with parts from older models.

Love the Sync 3 system but ours never seems to update, just fails.
I have an LZ Trend but can advise on some points..
  • No shelf in glove box but manual came in padded ZIP cover
  • Passenger side fuse cover should be exactly the same as the LW, had no problems with mine. Are your two clips in place?
  • Exposed bulb in glove box but it's so small why would you even need a cover?
  • Never checked but Ford Etis reports my car as not having the ISOFIX points.
  • Not sure on what trim you are referring to. The trim on the center console is glossy (silver)
NormM67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2018, 07:59 PM   #543
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NormM67 I have a trend too, I think that's what the Trends look like inside.
Old 23-01-2018, 07:37 PM   #544
csfulton

The manual "clips" into the glovebox. There is a notch in the top of the glove box, that perfectly fits the manual holding it against the top.
csfulton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #545
NormM67

Quote:
Originally Posted by csfulton View Post
The manual "clips" into the glovebox. There is a notch in the top of the glove box, that perfectly fits the manual holding it against the top.
Not in the Trend it would seem. There is a space at the top that the manual fits into but no clips to hold it in place. Maybe mine's missing something
Old 23-01-2018, 10:33 PM   #546
KosCo

I have an 2016 LZ (Titanium) - one of the ones with Sync 3. My glovebox is just an empty open area glovebox. Have had a good look but really can't see any clips or anywhere special to put the manual except in the general storage area.

The LW has a nice shelf area at the top to hold the manual but can't see anything in the LZ.
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2018, 10:40 PM   #547
NormM67

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
My glovebox is just an empty open area glovebox. Have had a good look but really can't see any clips or anywhere special to put the manual except in the general storage area.
There is a space at the top of the glovebox on the righthand side which the manual in it's zipped bag fits perfectly, just nothing to actually hold it in position.
Old 24-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #548
KosCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormM67 View Post
There is a space at the top of the glovebox on the righthand side which the manual in it's zipped bag fits perfectly, just nothing to actually hold it in position.
Thanks for that. Think I have found what you were referring to but it doesn't seem practical. Think I will be leaving the manual in the general area.
Old 24-01-2018, 10:38 PM   #549
asdetail
Starter Motor

Quote:
I have also put this post on the Whirlpool forums LZ Focus section --

I have just checked with the Ford website and it is now showing that Sync 3 v2.3 is now available and can be downloaded. Interested in anyone who has done this install and if it is straight forward and any problems with it? Thanks
yes I have done the update, it is fairly straightforward, however you do need to unzip the "sync my ride" folder and the other two files directly to the flash drive and it did take about twenty minutes with the motor running (recommended by ford) before the "update successful" message appeared.

As to what it does?, well nothing seems to have changed and android auto still doesn't work with my phone:
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2018, 12:44 AM   #550
NormM67

Quote:
Thanks for that. Think I have found what you were referring to but it doesn't seem practical. Think I will be leaving the manual in the general area.
Yeah, seems like it was designed to have clips or something to hold the manual in place but they've been left out for some reason. My manual just sits in there on the floor of the glove box.
I hate having too much crap in there anyway so I just have my NRMA card, a pen, a tyre pressure gauge and a microfiber cloth to clean the inside of the windscreen and the touch display when needed. Nice and simple and uncluttered.
Old 26-01-2018, 12:24 PM   #551
KosCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
you do need to unzip the "sync my ride" folder and the other two files directly to the flash drive:
Thanks for the info. Have prepared my flash drive as you have suggested. I won't get a chance to install the update for a couple of weeks. Will let everyone know how it goes.
Old 31-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #552
Madman
Starter Motor

Put a deposit down on a 2017 Focus Sport demo with 600 kms on clock. Winning Blue auto with fuel, mats, window tint for 24k drive away.

Thought I could have got a bit more off but dealer wouldn't budge so got the tint thrown in for that price. Don't have a car atm so couldn't waste anymore time!

Looking forward to a sporty little hatch coming from a ute will be a different ride that's for sure. It's no hot hatch but felt pretty zippy on the drives I've had with one!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #553
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Nice one.
Yeah, we have a red Sport Auto. Pretty fun car to drive with all of the tech goodies.
I love driving it......when I get to Haha

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-02-2018, 07:52 PM   #554
Victor1

I've just done 30,000km yesterday and I can't complain about the lz except it is to fast to get to 140km according to the police officer that gave me the fn fine.
Victor1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2018, 08:34 PM   #555
NormM67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor1 View Post
I've just done 30,000km yesterday and I can't complain about the lz except it is to fast to get to 140km according to the police officer that gave me the fn fine.
Yeah, I set my speed limiter to combat that problem Mine goes in Tuesday for it's 30,000km service (well, it will be almost 29,000km by then)

On another note, has anyone played with the 'test' mode? Love seeing the speedo needle go to 240km/h
Old 05-02-2018, 03:10 AM   #556
aaaaplay

I'm not confusing trim levels we had a 2012 LW Focus Sport and now we have a 2016 LZ Focus Sport with technology pack.

Firstly, I'm not talking about the Interior LED light, I'm talking about the ambient lighting (red) in the overhead console where the sunglasses holder is. LZ, LW MKI & II Trends and Ambiente's don't have this. On the LW MKI Sport and Titanium (Maybe LW MKII).
It looked like this at night:

Off it looks like this:

On the LZ it is just two little red bulbs. No other market seems to have it that way so I can't find a picture.

In fact, I believe they may have removed the overhead lighting in the US spec cars. But interestingly I've noticed some US spec focus have this style with map lights?
Also, notice the colour changeable ambient lighting dial, I really don't like that Ford Australia didn't offer it here ever. One of those buttons allows the footwells to illuminate bright white in case you drop something.

Secondly, you may be right about the owners manual. Our LW had a nice zipper case. Whereas on the LZ, the dealer gave us some vinyl nightmare with advertising all over it.

Thirdly, the LW has ISOFIX points indicated by the 'dots' with a child seat symbol. LZ's don't have them.

The LZ has a matt silver finish and LW Mk2 had Gloss Black. The LW MKI Sport and Titanium had a trim called avant-garde it was a painted gloss metallic. It feels really durable and didn't fingerprint.
This is the pieces separate from the car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
huh?
I have the same overhead one light.
I don't exactly have a shelf but there are flat bits each side that the manual will slide in acting like a shelf. My did come with a zip cover though.
Mine never had a cover. Unless you are talking about that fabric help done by two points.
Unsure if mine has ISOFIX points but there is the plastic dots on the seat indicating some kind of mounting system so I probably have it.
My glovebox light is also an exposed bulb, no lense.
All my trim is matte.

I have a MK1 LW.

Are you just confusing trim levels?
aaaaplay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2018, 03:14 AM   #557
aaaaplay

There is actually Sync 3 v3.0 that has been leaked and it works on all Sync 3 systems. It enables WAZE integration and Alexa+Ford. I installed v2.3 because I wasn't up to trying it. Apparently, v3.0 is due out in March for US vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
yes I have done the update, it is fairly straightforward, however you do need to unzip the "sync my ride" folder and the other two files directly to the flash drive and it did take about twenty minutes with the motor running (recommended by ford) before the "update successful" message appeared.

As to what it does?, well nothing seems to have changed and android auto still doesn't work with my phone:
Old 07-02-2018, 10:27 PM   #558
Madman
Starter Motor

Has anybody got music Album artwork to show up on Sync 3?

I've tried via Bluetooth and also via USB in centre console and dash points.

Doesn't display the album cover. Have googled a bit but can't seem to find a fix!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2018, 11:53 PM   #559
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RE: Interior trim

Hmm, so there is a lot that has changed. I can see what you mean now, yeah doesn't look very good at all.
My LW MK1 also had that avant-garde colour on the interior, very good at hiding fingerprints.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:09 AM   #560
NormM67

Can we discuss the LZ? Sorry but whatever the LW had doesn't interest me in the slightest....
This user likes this post:
Old 08-02-2018, 12:11 AM   #561
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok, sorry to go off topic. There just doesn't seem to be much LW discussion anywhere. Any ideas why?
Old 08-02-2018, 11:45 AM   #562
Victor1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
ok, sorry to go off topic. There just doesn't seem to be much LW discussion anywhere. Any ideas why?
It would be because the lw auto had the gearbox issue and everyone is trying to forget about it (yes I had one).And the lz is just a much better car overall.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:21 PM   #563
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It would be because the lw auto had the gearbox issue and everyone is trying to forget about it (yes I had one).And the lz is just a much better car overall.
Ah true, but I have the diesel so it didn't affect me at all. I can see your point though.
Old 15-02-2018, 05:42 PM   #564
aaaaplay

I had an LW and I didn't hate the car, by the end the transmission was nearly fixed (took them long enough).
In saying that, the drivetrain of the LZ is much better and so is Sync 3, but I think Thai production has taken a small toll. But not as much as it has on the Fiesta.
I hope the next Focus (If we get one) is European sourced.

Sorry if I touched any nerves.
Old 15-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #565
Victor1

Has anyone got any news of the 2018 arrival of the new focus?
I've seen some pics covered in abstract stickers hiding everything,but nothing to get a good look at one.
Old 15-02-2018, 05:50 PM   #566
Victor1

Quote:
I had an LW and I didn't hate the car, by the end the transmission was nearly fixed (took them long enough).
In saying that, the drivetrain of the LZ is much better and so is Sync 3, but I think Thai production has taken a small toll. But not as much as it has on the Fiesta.
I hope the next Focus (If we get one) is European sourced.

Sorry if I touched any nerves.
What is the small toll on production you mention.
I can't think of anything I don't like about the lz sport auto.
Old 15-02-2018, 10:27 PM   #567
asdetail
Starter Motor

Quote:
Has anyone got any news of the 2018 arrival of the new focus?
I've seen some pics covered in abstract stickers hiding everything,but nothing to get a good look at one.
I'm betting it wont make it to oz, the LZ focus hasn't been a raging sales success for ford (the mustang sold more units), it should have sold much better.
However being a great car does not necessarily translate to metal off the showroom floor, just as being a mediocre car can make it sell like hotcakes!.

Corolla is a prime example of this, I can only put it down to fords poor marketing of the LZ focus, and possibly the LW auto problems
Old 16-02-2018, 01:29 AM   #568
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Has anyone used Forscan to enable the door locks activating when driving?
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2018, 11:58 PM   #569
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

No, but this sounds awesome. I have drive away locking in the Falcon, but not in our Focus. It's a pain having to remember to lock the doors.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2018, 08:45 AM   #570
asdetail
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Has anyone used Forscan to enable the door locks activating when driving?
I used FoCCCus Central ECU Config Edit Program to enable auto locking on my sport.

read this, "https://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/foccc...g-edit-elm327/. hope this helps.

i also have forscan but I found foCCCus easier to use, you will, however, need forscan to clear all the dtc codes focccus seems to create