Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Default Qld Flood Offers Of Assistance Thread

Jim Goose in the other flood thread suggested this. SO if anyone is upset by the double posting...BLAME HIM :P LOL Just Kidding, its a good idea.

I have already posted here in the other thread but just want to keep the offer out there. I am on the Northside of Brisbane ..Chermside, If any AFF members need a dry roof for a few days I can help. We have 3 cats (Indoor Cats) and we are open to fostering other cats or small dogs if required. We can probably accomodate a small family of 3-4

PM me if you need help

Old 13-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #2
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im used to getting the blame! lol

Glad to see people on here though in the other thread offering assistance.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #3
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

As Steve (GT69) mentioned in the other thread, we're more than happy to help out if anyone needs somewhere to stay for a few days. We're based at North Ipswich, so anyone in the Ipswich area that needs a little refuge, we've got room for 4-5 people, and room for cars as well (although the street is pretty full, there's still plenty of room). We do have two staffy's who don't really like cats, so probably no cats, but dogs are more than welcome too as long as they are friendly.

PM me or Steve, or give either of us a call on 0404 874 503/ 0450 496 694, we're only too happy to help.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 12:37 AM   #4
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

I have five under my roof right now .. but the way things are changing our mates from upper nsw will need support over the weekend.. I have a shower + 4 sleeping bags and fuel to pick up /drop off and a roof after sat at this stage...

Back to work mon though so i will only take in trustworthy people with rep from here ??
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #5
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would also like to declare that we have a spare room and double bed with all facilities and some room for storage available to any affected that need it, I would be more than happy to come and pick up also, please don't hestate to ask, we are at Capalaba.
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #6
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfr101
I would also like to declare that we have a spare room and double bed with all facilities and some room for storage available to any affected that need it, I would be more than happy to come and pick up also, please don't hestate to ask, we are at Capalaba.
Good man ..
When the mud settles and clean up is finished.. anyone who needs a New washing machine PM me ..

Preferrably to a needy family ... It is an unwanted wedding present in storage for the last two years
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 02:58 AM   #7
The Monty
Just slidin'

Same here, we are in Springwood, even if people just need a shower and something to eat, or a place to stay for a night.
Just PM me.
If anyone needs help cleaning up and im not at work, Ill also help if you want. I have a car and two hands.
Old 14-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #8
The Monty
Just slidin'

Trying to keep this near the top, I vae a Gerni here if anyone wants me to come and do some cleaning up. Would help to have power, but I may be able to snag a generator.
Please ask though, I want to help, but dont want to go to where there is already too many people creating mayhem.
Josh
Old 14-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #9
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Ok anyone on the Northside of Brisbane we are taking non perishable items for donation at work, please drop suitable items into the store
Woolworths Northlakes Anzac Ave North Lakes.
Also the company is MATCHING any monetary donations dollar for dollar until Thursday the 20th of Jan, so please chip in so far staff and customers have raised 2 million and that will be matched.
Thanks in advance
Old 14-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #10
The Monty
Just slidin'

I also have a washing machine here if anyone wants to come over and wash clothes. Its big, and I have a big dryer. Ill supply the laundry powder and stuff, just come over, have a feed, and wash some clothes.
Old 14-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #11
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On another tack , on a commercial basis we are able to offer certain services so if members need water blasting , cabling ,security and other services please contact me directly as I have no wish to hi jack the thread (located southside) Tnx Barry
Perhaps a commercial thread might be in order ?

atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #12
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
Good man ..
When the mud settles and clean up is finished.. anyone who needs a New washing machine PM me ..

Preferrably to a needy family ... It is an unwanted wedding present in storage for the last two years
Thats very generous
Old 14-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #13
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77
On another tack , on a commercial basis we are able to offer certain services so if members need water blasting , cabling ,security and other services please contact me directly as I have no wish to hi jack the thread (located southside) Tnx Barry
Perhaps a commercial thread might be in order ?
Barry feel free to post up you contact details in here.
Dallas
Old 14-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #14
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Barry feel free to post up you contact details in here.
Dallas
I will organise a cell number for tommorrow
the commercial reality we have commitments and wages to pay but where we can help , atm I have an Ses crew lving in the dining room and spare rooms , most of the time they leave a mess but I can live with that

Ok 040 565 3064 will be on sms in a while , I will call back when able

If you need food speak to Jock over at loaves and fishes Kingston and being a wonderful bloke he will do his best to help

http://loavesandfishes.org.au/index.php

Last edited by atec77; 14-01-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 14-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
Good man ..

I may know of someone who could use this, I'll do some research tomorrow. I saw them this afternoon inspecting what was left of their home. They're at Ipswich on Tivoli Hill Rd. Broke my heart, I don't know if they lost everything, but if you're out this way, you may even see them...there's a few houses along there that have had water completely over their rooves. I'm sure there's someone there that could use it.

Top bloke!

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post