Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-08-2006, 11:26 PM   #1
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

Default EF/L Interior into EA

Hey I want to know how much work would be involved in putting in a Full EF/L interior into my EA...The hardest part will be the cluster and air conditioner part..

Was there a model that came with out a RPM gauge and just speedo, fuel, and temp... and would my standard air control unit fit in place of the EF one..

I wanted to do for a while now...

NC_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 11:46 PM   #2
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Mate,

Just buy an EF/EL.. hell of lot easier..

Not much of the EA-ED stuff goes across..

Door panels and seats are easy.. just not the dash..

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 11:48 PM   #3
EFFalcon
Last warning

easiest way is to change everything.
all the looms

i'd say hardest part to do "properly" is the front seats.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #4
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

Ok...
What if I did a combo...

Did they make EF/L door trims in that charcole dark gray like in my EA?
Cause I could use EF/L door trims with monty crome handles and a Fairmont EF/L leather rear seats and buckets up front.(like momo or something...) and could I use a EF/L middle console with an EA dash or not...
Old 22-08-2006, 12:05 AM   #5
EFFalcon
Last warning

EF/EL console won't match up with an EA dash.
You could most likely use an AU console though.

No dark coloured door trims, don't know how well they'd match.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 12:05 AM   #6
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Maybe.. Lol.. Wats so wrong with the EA-ED interior?

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 12:13 AM   #7
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

not much^^

I might do a ED full interior like XR6 or 8... But I just have to find it... Wouldn't mind monty ghia interior either...
Old 22-08-2006, 04:27 AM   #8
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6cylEA
Hey I want to know how much work would be involved in putting in a Full EF/L interior into my EA...The hardest part will be the cluster and air conditioner part..
Lots of work, the absolute best thing you can do is find a wrecked EF/L and transfer everything over. It is a fairly big job and there are a few members that have done it (including myself), so if your serious about doing this then drop us a PM and i'll give you a run down of what's involved (if i can still remember how to do it that is :P). Walkinshaw has also done it so he should be able to help you out with any questions that i might not be able answer...

i remember somebody said once, calculate how long you think it'll take to do and then multiply by three ;)

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 10:34 AM   #9
NZ
~~~

Its something I wouldn't do again. I don't regret it but my enthusiasim for doing that sort of stuff has dropped.

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 12:36 PM   #10
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
EF/EL console won't match up with an EA dash.
You could most likely use an AU console though.

No dark coloured door trims, don't know how well they'd match.
hey i was thinking of an au centre console a while back. bout $100ish from the wreakers. i cant be bothered with it yet tho. i think it'll fit, be a tad longer than the ea/b/d ones tho and im not sure if you'd have to set up different brackets for it to fit. i dont think i'll bother now. one day i'll get electric windows and i'll chuck a fairmont centre console in!!

cheers
Old 23-08-2006, 05:03 PM   #11
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
hey i was thinking of an au centre console a while back. bout $100ish from the wreakers. i cant be bothered with it yet tho. i think it'll fit, be a tad longer than the ea/b/d ones tho and im not sure if you'd have to set up different brackets for it to fit. i dont think i'll bother now. one day i'll get electric windows and i'll chuck a fairmont centre console in!!

cheers
Thats what I was thinking as well...

Cheers rymers If I do it I'll drop you a pm.
Old 23-08-2006, 10:07 PM   #12
MRE-40L
there once was a

to mount the EF EL front seats you will need to cut the section of floor pan out of the EF EL and wel it into place of the EA ED floor , that way you can have the EF EL hand brake lever , also good idea for when you do the dash swap aswell .
Im about to do this convo to my wifes EA wagon , so basiclly ill end up with EA Body with Complete EL running gear and dash - centre console
MRE-40L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #13
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRE-40L
to mount the EF EL front seats you will need to cut the section of floor pan out of the EF EL and wel it into place of the EA ED floor , that way you can have the EF EL hand brake lever , also good idea for when you do the dash swap aswell
Here's a pic to better illustrate what needs to be done to to the EF seats. Saying that, it doesn't NEED to be done, but it is a much better way of doing it.

As you can see in the pic, the white section of the floor pan was cut from an EF and welded into place on the EA floor pan. It's basically just a bracket that's been spotwelded to the EF floor, so best way to remove it is to cut the whole section of floorpan out of a wrecked EF, then drill out all the spotwelds on a bench drill. There are ALOT of welds so be patient and make sure to drill the welds out evenly, otherwise it'll be a ****** to take off. Once this is done, you need to grind the existing brackets out of your floorpan and weld this bracket into position. Bit of stuffing around, but it will ensure a proper fit of your seats, centre console and handbrake lever.

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post