Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #1
lignum

Default EB overheating when using aircon.

I'm not losing any water/inhibitor but the car gets real hot after a while using the aircon on hot days .
Is it time for a radiator flush or some other common cause ?

thanks , Bazz.

lignum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #2
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine was doing that for a while then i decided to change themostat and fan clutch and it now never gets hots it just rises slightly when aircon is on
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
vanessa0305

Hi mine has been doing the same thing and if you look around you will probably find the thread but I was given some great advice....undo the top two bolts holding your radiator on and tip it back towards the engine. Inbetween the engine and the condensor lost of leaf and grass and bug matter gets in and clogs it up. Clean it all out and bobs your uncle. If that doesn't work it might be time to get the radiator flushed or replaced.
vanessa0305 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 12:56 AM   #4
blwneb
come join me

I would say there is a bl;ockage somewhere, as stated above clean beytween the radiator an condensor, i know fo a fact, if you replace radiatr with a brand new unit, fit el thermos, and change thermostat, it will fix ur problem.
blwneb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 09:51 AM   #5
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just check the fan first
should be stiff to rotate when the car is hot
if its loose its stuffed
clutch hubs only last about 10 years or so
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #6
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

using s cooler thermostat will open earlier, thus allowing the coolant to start flow through at a cooler temperature.

i noticed this problem when one of my thermofan motors stopped. If you have a clutch fan setup have a look at thermostat and clutch of the clutchfan setup. also while you have taken the coolant out, flush the radiator out too...

also get some decent coolant!!!