Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 10-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
5L
[ 5L ]

Default boot installations

hey i was wondering if anyone has got pics of there boot installations i was looking at places to put amps and subs, at the moment i got one amp behind my rear seat and one on the drivers side of the boot and the two subs just sitting there in there dual box, i just want to make it look a bit better and close the whole boot off

[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
steven95falc

saw it on a ford down at autobarn but he had put the amps in the countersunk bit in the middle on the left and had perpex over it with all flashing lights and crap and had a hole with hinges so he could open it to get his sapre out looked good but bit fidley to do.
steven95falc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #3
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

I got lucky i bought a sub box from JB forgeting all about measurements took it home and it fit perfect i just put the amps on the box however going to try and mount it all up on the side walls and stuff like that what type of gear are you putting in?

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
KeeddleZ
Road Runner

KeeddleZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 09:05 PM   #5
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Bit messy keedles?

Old 10-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #6
EF_Frmnt
Banned

I was thinkin of doing this myself an i was just wondering if having the amps in the boots closed off creates any overheating troubles on long trips playin the stereo?? cos i wanted to have the subs facinng towards the back seats so they thump straight into the cabin... but i have a friend with an amp in his boot and its constantly overheating when we go on long trips an listen to the music.so i thought of mounting the subs facing towards the boot and having the 2 amps (one for splits one mono block) on the back of the box so i can have the seats down and the amps will be cooled by the climate control (fairmont luxury ) any advice or tips on this?
EF_Frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #7
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

do you mean something like this?

Ehab
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eawall01.jpg (91.4 KB, 66 views)

need psi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 09:50 PM   #8
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

hahahaha that system is probably worth that falcon X 6 LOL
why bother???

It would be cool to make a fake wall there keedles infront of those subs so they are hidden!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #9
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Had no problems with overheating mate and i travel from crnbourne to broadfors twice a week at least!!!

Old 10-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #10
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1st pics: Old NA Lane
2nd pics: Current AU Mont

NA Fairlane Boot.

AU Fairmont Boot.

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post