Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-03-2006, 09:02 PM   #1
shepv8
V8's for ever

Default door alignment/adjustment

hey guys,
my rear drivers door shuts o.k. but is wearing a small patch of paint.It rubs at the very top rear corner of the door, however when shut the door gaps seem fine.
Any ideas???
Is there anyway to adjust the doors????

shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 12:51 AM   #2
antilooped

where is it wearing? is it metal scratching metal or something else? have you checked that all the screws holding the door on are tight and havnt come loose?
Old 07-03-2006, 09:33 AM   #3
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepv8
hey guys,
my rear drivers door shuts o.k. but is wearing a small patch of paint.It rubs at the very top rear corner of the door, however when shut the door gaps seem fine.
Any ideas???
Is there anyway to adjust the doors????
Yes you should be able to adjust them. The Series III's had an adjustment made to them from factory, so they sit out a tad and hence prevents this from happening.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:48 AM   #4
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I'd need to see a picture
adjust it to far and the wind noise will drive you crazy

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #5
XR6Stu

Does anyone else have doors that rattle like they are only on the first catch? My front doors on both sides rattle like crazy, and was wondering if its a common thing or just my car?
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 11:54 PM   #6
GUTLES
Adam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Stu
Does anyone else have doors that rattle like they are only on the first catch? My front doors on both sides rattle like crazy, and was wondering if its a common thing or just my car?
My drivers door rattles a bit too ;(

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post