Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #1
Holden Man

Default Newbie

Hi all after having holdens for most of my life its time for a change and time to try a F.. FO... FOOOOOO. FOOOOOORRRRRRRR. I just cant quite come to terms with it yet : pick up BA V8 Fairmont ghia on saturday if all goes to plan
Holden Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
SHYXR5
Starter Motor

Thumbs up

HI All,

My Name is Jodie and I own a Electric Orange XR5 Turbo, I had a chat to a few guys at the FPV day in Melbourne a few weeks back so I thought its time i jumped on and joined the crew !!

Awesome Forum btw !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0010.JPG (14.7 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0030.JPG (13.7 KB, 60 views)
SHYXR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 08:26 AM   #3
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYXR5
HI All,

My Name is Jodie and I own a Electric Orange XR5 Turbo, I had a chat to a few guys at the FPV day in Melbourne a few weeks back so I thought its time i jumped on and joined the crew !!

Awesome Forum btw !!
Woohoo, another Jodie, good too cya..
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
Gazzzaa

Default Hi all

Hi all

My first post on this site although I have been reading for the past few weeks. The amount of useful information on here is amazing and I intend to put a lot of it to good use in the next few weeks.

Just got the OK from the bank and we (me & the Good Lady Wife) have ordered a Territory and a Fiesta. Because I battle my way through peak hour traffic for 2 hours each weekday I will mostly drive the Fez and the GLW and myself will share the Terri on weekends and trips.

We have hired a Terri on a couple of occasions and have been very impressed, so are really looking forward to having one of our own (with a bit of help from the bank). Looks like we will get a very good deal from Knox Ford in Ferntree Gully, but you's have to expect something good when you go in and order 2 Fordies at once!!!

I will use all the hints and ideas from the site for pre-delivery etc and will you let you all know how the adventure is going.

Cheers....Gaz
Gazzzaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 03:26 PM   #5
Binnie
EB11 falcon GLI

Cool hey

hi, everyone

Its good to know there are so many Ford fans out there being female who's into cars i'm sick of coping s*** from holden fans most of whom have no idea what their talking about. I have an EB11 falcon Gli its stock, recently changed the rubber bushes to urithane bushes and it's had a reconditioned gearbox. I intend to get the headliner fixed soon as it is sagging, so it's a work in progress.
Binnie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #6
xr4_laser

Just thought I would pop in and say hi. This is all rather addictive. it's nice to be in a place were people appreciate their ford as much as I do. I own a modified 1998 KJ ford laser. I have always wanted an XR8 but couldn't afford it on an apprentice wage so I made my own hot 4 ford! it has only taken 3 years! lol lots of mods and lots of future mods to come. If my little Garrett turbo and engine component upgrades are done by the 23rd of september I'll be entering it into "All Fords QLD" day down at Kedron. I just have to be nice to my mechanic!. Hope to see you all there! @lly :
xr4_laser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #7
Nicola9
Starter Motor

Default Fairmont 95 brake lights not working!!

Hi

I have a Ford Fairmont 95, and the brake lights are not working. We have checed the globes and the fuse etc. We are thinking it could be a loose brake switch. Does anyone have any ideas on why this would be happening??? We have just replaced the brake pads as well.

Nik
Nicola9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #8
aUteChick
*GriD GirL*

Hey all! Im Bek, live in Tas and have just bought my first Ford, a AU series 3 falcon ute. I plan to use it for towing as I also have horses! :

Its a nice little bus but not as special as some of the other stuff on here!
aUteChick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 03:11 AM   #9
Redneck

hey i was wondering if anyone could tell me what type of el xr8 this is. Ive been told it is a end of year 97. Im trying to find out if its oneof those one out 500 special xr8's. It has extractors n chip. It also has stock 17"s. Full body kit, cruise control, 6 stacker, 5 speed, cant think wat else of hand. i would appreciate any help in finding out. Hope the photo helps

http://aycu11.webshots.com/image/396...1882339_rs.jpg
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2008, 03:12 AM   #10
syko4d

hi everyone been here for a while but just quietly lookin and stuff any way heres a couple of old pics of my car

oh and the stupid stickers have gone and the numberplate is were its supposed to be
syko4d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 12:14 AM   #11
fpr_esp
351 xe s pac

howdy just thought id say hello just signed up been a member of the other ford forums for 4 years but cbf with it. so here i am my names darren live in northern suburbs of melbourne. currently rebuilding xe spac engines done she in middle of body work rust repairs full bare metal respray etc. got a 351c exstensive head work mostly my own work serious port work 2v open chamber heads had the intakes cut out to 4vs stage 2 cam high rise manifold 650 holley yella terra street roller rockers, stock pistons hastings pro molly race series rings pacemaker try y's soon to be replaced with 4 inta 1's backed by a solid rebuilt c10 auto 2500 dominator/phil sodastream histall and 3.5 lsd diff out a ea fairmont ghia hoping to be a finished product by june anyhoo once again hello and happy to be a member of fordforums.com.au .
Old 14-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #12
westoftown

Evening all,

17, live in Adelaide and have been saving for my first car in recent months. Wasnt fussed as to what it would be, a road trip to the Wangaratta jazz festival in my mates EB Falcon changed all this: four bald tires and the biggest oil leak known to man (spent our last day of the trip sitting outside the Beechworth mechanics forking out all our shrapnel to afford a retread of the one tyre that was so bald it started to shred itself, mate told us the car was running like a dream before we left: false!) Thus i have decided that i have to own my own Falcon: Not because his was shithouse (he never took care of it), but because despite all this, the falcon REFUSED to die.

reckon about 4/5 grand for an EF/EL, must be a manual, LPG would be handy.

thank you and goodnight
westoftown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2008, 01:45 AM   #13
666mademedoit
Starter Motor

Default Be kind to me im a newbie Lol

Hi peoples,
new to the site and chasing info on workshops worth dealing with around perth... My standard BA xr8 ute just plain is'nt quick enough LoL...
Hope to chat with you lot soon :
666mademedoit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #14
Dave_K
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day all
I'm Dave and I'm looking to get a 2012 Territory TX diesel but would love to get some views on it.
I've just had a crappy time with my 06 Prado and had to replace the engine - $7500 - and the 4WD is beyond my needs now.
I've heard a couple of slightly disturbing reports about front ends on the terry and would also like to hear info on diesel reliability, injectors etc if anyone wants to share.
Dave
Dave_K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2016, 10:48 AM   #15
Carey Vince
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi my name is Carey.
From Warrnambool, South West Victoria.
I own 2 Fords my 2014 Wildtrak Chilli Oranage Manual is my favorite, my wife drives a 2006 Fairlane Ghia Black with polished AU XR8 wheels looks very cool.
I do my own mechanical and electrical repairs/mantainence not alot with a Fords.

Last edited by Carey Vince; 03-07-2016 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Correcting puntuation
Carey Vince is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2016, 06:45 PM   #16
Dean9888
Starter Motor

Hi guys (and girls).
My name is Dean and I live in Brisbane.
I have a couple of collectible cars that aren't Fords, but I recently purchased a 1971 XY GT Replica in yellow ochre.
At 500hp, it's a little bit too lumpy to drive daily, although it has full rego.
It's a 351C with a top loader, all the internal GT trimmings in black, and 5 slotters.
It was originally a 302 Auto Fairmont. I didn't do any of the major work, but I corrected a few broken things (mainly electrical).
One thing I haven't been able to fix is a partially stripped hub nut (the one that holds the bearings in and stops the front wheels from falling off.
I tried on-line, Ford, FoMoCo (Melb), Mustang Auto Parts, my local suspension dudes, even a nut and bolt place, but I haven't been able to find anything that will fit.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Dean9888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2016, 09:12 PM   #17
Daron whiley
Starter Motor

Giddy my name is daron
I've fudged up on my first twin cam rocker cover incident as I didn't know how to take it off now I think I may have bent cam sensors at front top of cams how much can ya bend and can ya put them back in place will my Gregory's book tell me and what page as I'm a Holden and valiant peep thanks for any advice
Daron whiley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 01:59 AM   #18
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Welcome to everyone new, good to see some more girls joining up

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 03:02 PM   #19
Kenster

Hey Everyone
Im Kenny from Melbourne as you can see currently own a EA falcon the car been with the family for 15years or so and it still running strong feel like it just got from the show room.

Hope to get to know you all soon
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #20
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Very nice ride, welcome to AFF enjoy the site...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 09:59 PM   #21
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Welcome aboard Clevo8 - glad you found the site!

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #22
rollie1025

Hi,

Just wondering if someone can help me....i am looking to buy a xw fairmont, when i asked the owner the vin and engine numbers he has come back with GH****C and said the id tag says JG34J...no other numbers after it. Not even sure what the GH****C is. Can anyone explain for me please?
Old 20-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #23
FordGirl2012
Starter Motor

Hi all,
Not new to forums at all (run my own parenting one) BUT new to the Ford forum ;0

Joined as i have just purchased (4 days ago) a 99 Ford Fairlane Ghia V8 NL i think it is as i don't know much about them so thought this would be a good place to ask!

So if some one can direct me to the right place would appreciate it
Couldn't see a section for Fairlanes?

Just want to know what the "Tickford" upgrades are ect

Last edited by FordGirl2012; 20-01-2012 at 09:34 AM. Reason: stuffed up lol
FordGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #24
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Welcome aboard everyone. It is always great to meet new members both on and off the Forums. You will find we are all a pretty friendly bunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGirl2012
So if some one can direct me to the right place would appreciate it
Couldn't see a section for Fairlanes?

Just want to know what the "Tickford" upgrades are ect
There is a Tickford Vehicles section under the Performance sub forum. Click HERE. It might be a good place to start.

Cheers
Col
Old 20-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #25
FordGirl2012
Starter Motor

thanks heaps for that!
FordGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #26
rpow

Hi Guys,
Just got my Compact registered and on the road after 2 years of fiddling around with her.
1964 Fairlane.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP8363-a.jpg (138.6 KB, 69 views)
Old 13-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #27
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpow
Hi Guys,
Just got my Compact registered and on the road after 2 years of fiddling around with her.
1964 Fairlane.
thats very cool man

welcome to the forum

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #28
AGH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi All,
Have looked round this site as much as I can albeit with limitations with not being a member. Fair enough glad to join. Own a BF Mk 2 Ghia. Why a Ghia you ask? Well same specs as an XR but much more creature comforts. plus this one came with a factory roof plus an i Pad phone kit on top on the standard bluetooth and the rear spoiler...BF's look cr** without one...just my opinion btw... Mods so far?? Cold air induction, slotted RDA rotors and pads...still running them in so lots of brake dust and just fitted HID lights to it. Don't use it for everyday driving just mainly highway use when I travel. Next project is to service the 6 speeder. Fraud says 'sealed for life' in the handbook!! Rite as if. Handbook also says btw if the car is used as a cop car or a cab or heavy towing service the box......u take it to Fraud and ask questions re the 6 speeder and they all duck under the counter like you have some contagious disease....ie it's just too hard...
AGH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #29
Hot Rod Nisse
Starter Motor

Hello, my name is Stellan Clausen, I live in Sweden.. I intressaread of old Hot Rod, Kustom and Gasser from the 50's and 60's, like American cars and Australian cars.. including old Russian cars, GAZ and ZIL....

I do not own a Ford... owns a VW Passat HGW -96

excuse my bad English... Google Translation has helped me !!
Hot Rod Nisse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 02:08 AM   #30
Helen
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Thanks for your advice Col. I was really hoping to avoid going to the car dealership but it seems I have no choice. Thanks again
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post