Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV-Tickford Club of NSW > FPV-TCNSW Club Discussions

Old 27-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
stretch
Krispy Kreme Donut Glazer

Default Sinclair Ford

Hey all just wondering if anyone has had any experiance's with Sinclair Ford at Penrith?

Reason being is Cara and I went down there to have a look at the FPV range and found that they just did not want to help us in any way at all.

They sat there and told us on how good they are at selling cars and they are the best at everything else, we sat there for just over an hour before walking out with the sh!ts and getting no where with them.

We asked the same question over and over and they could not tell us, all we wanted to know is what is there price on the FPV range and if they could match the price from another dealer. (obviously a hard question)

I am really annoyed with the out come of this and I am wondering if anyone has experianced anyting like it?

A very PI$$ED Stretch

AU1 XR8 Silhouette lowered 18" wheels, T2 Leather, custom dash and a loud Exhaust. Sold

BA mk1 Gt Acid rush, Untouched, not no more it is lowered and has Black 19" fusions with a polished rim.
And now with some very dark windows.

Shopping car Ford Escape XLT V6 Sold

Shopping car now is a Mitsubishi Outlander
stretch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
andrewts
White Car Driver

Yeah they are a poor bunch, and their service department is horrific (they will pick their lunch up in your car, and flog the crap out of it.) Sinclair Ford at St Marys is a bit better but haven't been around them in a while.
andrewts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

Hey Stretch;

You have pm

Regards
Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

speak to Dave at power ford or speak to Ratt (Dean) at Peter Warren. They're about the only two decent blokes who won't give BS and actually look after you.

Cheers

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2008, 06:45 PM   #5
stretch

I have seen some one else wont mention just yet but they have given us a very good offer, it may be to good to refuse.
Just stuck on one thing, wether it be a GT or the Typhoon.

They both have their good and bad points but I just dont know which one

AU1 XR8 Silhouette lowered 18" wheels, T2 Leather, custom dash and a loud Exhaust. Sold

BA mk1 Gt Acid rush, Untouched, not no more it is lowered and has Black 19" fusions with a polished rim.

Old 27-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #6
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch
I have seen some one else wont mention just yet but they have given us a very good offer, it may be to good to refuse.
Just stuck on one thing, wether it be a GT or the Typhoon.

They both have their good and bad points but I just dont know which one

I say the GT mate...have a tougher look and the GT brand is iconic in Ford circles.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #7
samsy351
351XB - Underbelly II Car

[QUOTE Sinclair Ford at St Marys is a bit better but haven't been around them in a while.[/QUOTE]

LOL its been a while since youve been out that way hasnt it !! St Marys Sinclairs has been gone for 5 or 6 years now !!

My brother worked at Penrith Sincalir Ford about 2 years ago and said they where the biggest bunch of d*ckheads he's ever worked for. !
samsy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #8
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the same experience some time ago, they wouldnt compete on price at all.
There was a few posts on here a while ago talking up the buying experience at Sinclairs. IMO they those posts were nothing more then free advertising.
I found regional dealers the best to deal with. In the end the FPV dealer at Lismore won my business.
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2008, 10:28 PM   #9
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

I went in for a price on an F6 Ute in October and the guy spent plenty of time with me.

He was awesome on FPV's.

BUT I am still waiting for him to ring me back with a price.

And I did follow up with another call.

I even saw him at Phillip Island V8 Supercars but I was not about to interupt my "MY TIME" to talk to a car saleman.
In the meantime I have decided to wait for Orion.

I will give him another go then simply because he is a fanatic, even if he is not the corporate type.
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2008, 12:40 AM   #10
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I see you have picked the car up already ??? Lol...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2008, 12:44 AM   #11
andrewts
White Car Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsy351
LOL its been a while since youve been out that way hasnt it !! St Marys Sinclairs has been gone for 5 or 6 years now !!
Hahah I had no idea! LOL yes it has been a while. :P
andrewts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2008, 07:57 PM   #12
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
I see you have picked the car up already ??? Lol...

Good one
Old 11-02-2008, 09:56 PM   #13
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I can recommend the guys at Winford Ford ... they have been very helpful ... and the service department is really good as well. No complaints there.
Mechan1k is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #14
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all dealers are crap!! i just went looking for a$19990 focus but then offered me $1250 trade for my 97 astina.....i got them to $3000 trade..but was told if i by a full price car i could get $6000 trade as i'm alread saving over $3000 on an 07 model....so now i asked to by a full price o8 for $23500 and get my $6000 tradin but was told is doesn't work that way....wtf so i gave up and probably get a second hand car now....plus now i get a phone call every week which shits me to tears....plus the dealers don't know anything about cars.....
p.s. i also went to thedark side as i saw a hot green omega and the dealer said no they don't make them....must a been an ss he said...next day i saw a huge suttons ad witha green omega!!!! dealers are 'd
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #15
stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I can recommend the guys at Winford Ford ... they have been very helpful ... and the service department is really good as well. No complaints there.
I have to agree with you on that, I ended up Buying a GT from them with in about 15 mins of being there.

I had all intentions on buying a brand new GT but they had a BA mk1 with 18k on the clock, so I ended up buying that one instead.

But they were really great to deal with.

And I Would also have to say that Power Ford were really great to deal with

Old 12-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #16
GT0336
GT Pilot

I went to Sinclair Ford to get a price on a new XR8 about a year ago, the guy wanted nothing to do with me. Found the say at Power Ford a few weeks ago, went in to look at a Territory, the dealer wouldnt let me test drive & didnt take me seriously. Ended up buying our Territory from a Holden dealer a couple of days later.
LOWERED WITH BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS SPRINGS, CUSTOM QUAD EXHAUST, PACEMAKER HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, CAI, 80MM THROTTLE BODY, SHAKER, FACTORY SAT NAV, REVERSE CAMERA, CUSTOM ALPINE/DLS SOUND SYSTEM. CUSTOM GT-P LEATHER SEATS BY LEATHER-FX.
TUNED BY SPIRO AT AUTOTECH - 287.9 RWKW
Build Thread

2009 SY FPV F6X

2017 Mustang GT
GT0336 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #17
gtfpv
GT

i simply bought my GT FROM THE 1ST GUY THAT LET ME DRIVE ONE . WINFORD MOTORS. took 4 dealers before anyone gave me the keys . they got the sale though , demo cars are to be driven , not priveliged. but that is ok . if i was a dealer , i'd open the yard with a prayer everyday, thanking all the other dealers for not allowing test drives. it would go something like this .
LORD please give us a good day today, just like yesterday, we thank you for all the other dealers around , we pray that nobody resigns today and all keep thier currant jobs. thank you for allowing us to be australian , and sell cars to people who ask for them . amen .
hahahahahahaha .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #18
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

also if you want a car to be driven properly you have to take it for a decent test drive...and not with the dealer in the car telling you where to drive and tell you off for giving it some...another reason why i didn't buy a focus..i could only drive in 50km zones and the dealer came with me and i found the car to be very boring and a little slow around town all while the dealer was trying to tell me how much power it had and they use they for police persuit cars...bull
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
AU Saloon Car racecar
Old 12-02-2008, 12:25 PM   #19
stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8
also if you want a car to be driven properly you have to take it for a decent test drive...and not with the dealer in the car telling you where to drive and tell you off for giving it some...
Mate that is one thing I tell them straight out, I will drive the car the way I want.
When I bought the AU XR8 I gave it absolute hell when I took it out for the test drive, the young salesman thought it was great.

And then I bought the GT 2 weeks ago and I did the same thing, but the salesman did say it is double demerits and it was up to me if I got booked.
But as you have said you do need to know wht they can do....

I know other people probably think different to me.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #20
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

Quote:
I know other people probably think different to me.
Nah, we all think the same as you Stretch

V8's
Booze
&
D squared to the power of 44

Regards
Me

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #21
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another satisfied customer from Winford Motors at McGraths Hill (Windsor)

And seeing as though I'm in the furtherest suburb in Sydney away from them (Cronulla) that's saying something

Dominelli Ford at Kirrawee pretty good too.

New car sales at City Ford, Wooloomooloo ?.... forget it
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,

Last edited by ozmale42; 12-02-2008 at 02:39 PM.
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #22
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

My taxi has a service plan with winford. two years free. never an issue and i have checked the car afterwards - they do indeed do a good job.

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #23
xrfalcon
On The Limiter

Are you putting purple plates on the GT.
xrfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #24
stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrfalcon
:the_finge

Old 13-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #25
Steve's TS50
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrfalcon
I reckon he might go for the more fashionable "Lemon" coloured plate this time LOL
Old 26-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #26
BFYOOT

not just dealers up sydney way either. had two seperate expriences when trying to buy my xr8 ute, both from around the gong. 1st day was teeming rain, windy and about minus 4 million degrees, walked into the yard and not one person came out to see if i needed a hand, just looked at us from their desks. i mean, wuld i be there in that weather if i wasnt keen. 2nd one, walked in in boardies and an old shirt, not even a nod or a smile, walk in next day in my work gear and couldnt get them away from me. not one dealer out of 5 offered a test drive. great experience buying a car hey
BFYOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 06:25 PM   #27
RATT
In a Pug..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8
all dealers are crap!! i just went looking for a$19990 focus but then offered me $1250 trade for my 97 astina.....i got them to $3000 trade..but was told if i by a full price car i could get $6000 trade as i'm alread saving over $3000 on an 07 model....so now i asked to by a full price o8 for $23500 and get my $6000 tradin but was told is doesn't work that way....wtf so i gave up and probably get a second hand car now....plus now i get a phone call every week which shits me to tears....plus the dealers don't know anything about cars.....
p.s. i also went to thedark side as i saw a hot green omega and the dealer said no they don't make them....must a been an ss he said...next day i saw a huge suttons ad witha green omega!!!! dealers are 'd
That's abit harsh!
There are incentives from Ford on 07 plated Focus that could cover the trade offer, whereas there isn't one on an 08 version. Granted they are the same, but the build dates are different years.
So then the salesman followed you up (doing his job) which really shouldn't be a problem.

And as for the darkside, Holden don't do a green Omega, a certain Holden dealer does. So he wasn't lying.

And yes there are some ordinary people in the business, but there are some good ones too. They just need to be found.
RATT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #28
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
That's abit harsh!
There are incentives from Ford on 07 plated Focus that could cover the trade offer, whereas there isn't one on an 08 version. Granted they are the same, but the build dates are different years.
So then the salesman followed you up (doing his job) which really shouldn't be a problem.

And as for the darkside, Holden don't do a green Omega, a certain Holden dealer does. So he wasn't lying.

And yes there are some ordinary people in the business, but there are some good ones too. They just need to be found.
Actually there was a batch of Omegas done in the new green, but its not an actual Omega colour as such, just a trial batch.

As for the dealer issues it all comes down to the guy you deal with and his particular mood on that day.. I dunno how some of these guys keep their jobs but they obviously sell cars somehow otherwise mgt wouldnt keep them. You have to get a fair strike of numbers on the board each month to stay in one of these dealerships...

In saying that however some customers can be a pain in the and only make the job 300 times harder.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #29
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well yes some are ok my mate just traded 2 cars an 02 focus and an 99 au ute for an 04 BA wagon with low k's so he did well...
i've found either a dealer knows about cars and knows how to be sneaky or the dealer is new and stupid and tells you what they are told to tell you and can't anser your questions
they may be nice people but the have to meet there sales target and that can be about 12 cars a month and they'll say anything to meet it

tynans at sutherland have nice dealers but when my parents bought a new 02 kia rio...no keyless entry (advertised) and odd branded spare tyre so no tyre rotation and tynan said take it up with kia we just sell them...but least they ring every single year and ask us how the car is going even though we sold it years ago
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
AU Saloon Car racecar
Old 07-04-2008, 11:47 PM   #30
BionicGT
Living in GT Nirvana

Quote:
Hey all just wondering if anyone has had any experiance's with Sinclair Ford at Penrith?

Reason being is Cara and I went down there to have a look at the FPV range and found that they just did not want to help us in any way at all.

They sat there and told us on how good they are at selling cars and they are the best at everything else, we sat there for just over an hour before walking out with the sh!ts and getting no where with them.

We asked the same question over and over and they could not tell us, all we wanted to know is what is there price on the FPV range and if they could match the price from another dealer. (obviously a hard question)

I am really annoyed with the out come of this and I am wondering if anyone has experianced anyting like it?

A very PI$$ED Stretch
Just read this post. Can't believe it is exactly the experience my family and I had when we turned up to try and buy a GT. He (Hamilton was his name I think) would not talk price - full stop. Just kept going on about the after sales service and all the track days and John Bowe days & events they would include me in (at an additional nominal cost !!) if I bought a GT from them. How can you close a deal when the salesman refuses to talk prices :

As a result of this 'entertaining' experience, they missed out on selling two new GTs to me.
BionicGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post