Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-11-2006, 07:53 PM   #31
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8
Man how old are you,been here for 81yrs,must be an old fart. : : Sorry,but it just had to be done.Typo I presume
Haha 18 yrs mate, stuffed up hehe.
Old 18-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #32
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Last time I was in the land of the long grey inflation, about 12 months ago, I could buy James Boags for less that in Aussie. OH yeah thats right, NZ doesn't have a WET..... (Wine Equalization TAX).

When you get the chance, go up North past the Bay of Islands, and do some fishing in Kaitaia.... Really nice Motel and pub there, nice people and really good drive to get up there..... have fun.
Old 18-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #33
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I bought my WRX over from N.Z but used drive on drive off, NO container, middle of summer and good seas...Cost was $1200 N.Z 4 years ago...It would have cost $2,500 N.Z if I used container..Oh and $5000 N.Z by air... It was via Tauranga so its close to waihi...
Make sure you CLEAN the car NO mud etc under guards and vacuum inside like its brand new inside and out...N.Z,M.A.F don't like Aussie spiders etc....
We have a charter boat up Paihia called Waima Star....
I came from Morrinsville about 50 klmrs west of Waihi, the other side of Mt Te Aroha.....26 years ago....
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 11:13 PM   #34
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
I bought my WRX over from N.Z but used drive on drive off, NO container, middle of summer and good seas...Cost was $1200 N.Z 4 years ago...It would have cost $2,500 N.Z if I used container..Oh and $5000 N.Z by air... It was via Tauranga so its close to waihi...
Make sure you CLEAN the car NO mud etc under guards and vacuum inside like its brand new inside and out...N.Z,M.A.F don't like Aussie spiders etc....
We have a charter boat up Paihia called Waima Star....
I came from Morrinsville about 50 klmrs west of Waihi, the other side of Mt Te Aroha.....26 years ago....
Did you travel with it. That sound bloody great. You ask these shiopping firms and they tell you nothing, just take your money. I will investigate that some more. Thankyou
Old 20-11-2006, 01:02 AM   #35
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

We where in horse racing busness and getting this sort of thing organised was easy.. The car came two weeks latter...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #36
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
We where in horse racing busness and getting this sort of thing organised was easy.. The car came two weeks latter...
Got the job and will be heading over so got to start organising and packing. I hate this part.