Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 18-02-2007, 09:36 PM   #61
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I don't understand why everyone is bitching. If a car cops a canary it's obviously unroadworthy. Yes there are a bunch of "small" reasons to get defected. I bet 99% of people who get pinged for such reasons are either doing something stupid or being smartarses. It'd not like the canaries for little things are hard to clear either.

Sure there are cars out there that are rolling rust buckets that burn more oil than petrol. Just because they aren't getting booked doesn't give the rest of us some get out of jail free card when we get busted.

I know my car is unroadworthy on a few things. If I get booked I get booked. Big deal. All part of the game. If I didn't like the risk I wouldn't of modded anything.
Old 18-02-2007, 11:00 PM   #62
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
I don't understand why everyone is bitching. If a car cops a canary it's obviously unroadworthy. Yes there are a bunch of "small" reasons to get defected. I bet 99% of people who get pinged for such reasons are either doing something stupid or being smartarses. It'd not like the canaries for little things are hard to clear either.
This thread kind of diverted...............lol.......again!

It wasn't that the cars got little yellow stickers it was how they got them, at a car show.............

Oh well............ on with the diverted topic...........

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 18-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #63
Psycho Chicken
Banned

But what did they get them for? I bet the parking tickets only came out when people started ****ing and moaning.
Old 18-02-2007, 11:22 PM   #64
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
I bet 99% of people who get pinged for such reasons are either doing something stupid or being smartarses.
They were parked as show cars.

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
Old 18-02-2007, 11:32 PM   #65
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Yes, until the show was ended and the ropes closing it in taken down.
Old 18-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #66
LTDHO
The one and only

Rob don't try and defend the actions taken.

Wrong was done.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 18-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #67
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
But what did they get them for? I bet the parking tickets only came out when people started ****ing and moaning.
Did you even read the whole thread?

Or did you just read the bit about canary's and how people get upset when they get them..............

The show was supposed to finish at 9pm but it was shut down due to canary's being issued...........

Here's a bit just for you so you dont have to read the whole thread...........

Quote:
One of the organisers (i think she was..) got into an argument/discussion with said police officers about why they were defecting parked vehicles in an event organised with chaddy admin/autobarn/whoever was involved and to which they replied that the chaddy carpark (at least the one outside myer?) was considered "highway" and as such these "defective vehicles" were on the highway and were fair game.
All i was saying that its a bit of a Low act and its not the sort or Policing the public is happy about.......

You can drive your highly modified car on the road and as long as your not being an idiot the Police tend to leave you alone, these cars were at a show and its whole different ball game.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.

Last edited by Sorted; 19-02-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 18-02-2007, 11:57 PM   #68
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Yes, until the show was ended and the ropes closing it in taken down.
They got canaried whilst parked!!

Old 19-02-2007, 12:07 AM   #69
Sammy B
Have A Swell Day

Thats just ****** up, no-wonder so many people in the car community dislike them...
Old 19-02-2007, 12:22 AM   #70
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy B
Thats just ****** up, no-wonder so many people in the car community dislike them...
I would change dislike to disrespect!!

Old 19-02-2007, 12:24 AM   #71
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Rob don't try and defend the actions taken.

Wrong was done.
I'm not saying it isn't a low act. But at the end of the day an unroadworthy car is an unroadworthy car, no matter what the reason or where it was canaried. Would you object if a total rust bucket was canaried while parked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Did you even read the whole thread?
Yes I did read the whole thread.

Quote:
All i was saying that its a bit of a Low act and its not the sort or Policing the public is happy about.......

You can drive your highly modified car on the road and as long as your not being an idiot the Police tend to leave you alone, these cars were at a show and its whole different ball game.
So it might of been a low act, but at the end of the day part of their job is to get unroadworthy cars off the road. Modded cars get targeted for the simple reason they're an easier target to go after. You don't see beaten up old Corollas cruising in massive groups, do you?

Personally I believe it's a bit stupid to do it with all the stuff flying around at the moment. But it's been done and the police were well within their right to do it. You and I both know that there were probably no cars there on Thursday night that were ripping skids at Noble Park. But it's a deterant isn't it? In this thread alone people are saying they will be leaving cars at home. How many people are out there who will now think twice before doing something stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypereb
They got canaried whilst parked!!
What, they just teleported from driveways to Chaddie?
Old 19-02-2007, 12:30 AM   #72
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

No point complaining about it on a internet forum guys, the police are above us and can do whatever they want, we're just gonna have to get used to it.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
Old 19-02-2007, 12:41 AM   #73
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Quote:
What, they just teleported from driveways to Chaddie?
What the ******* are you on about? teleported? Dude they drove there for the show whilst they were parked they copped canaries.

Old 19-02-2007, 08:36 AM   #74
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
What the ******* are you on about? teleported? Dude they drove there for the show whilst they were parked they copped canaries.
That's his point, they were driven there and were unroadworthy.
How many roadworthy cars got canaried?

It's harsh what happened, but after noble park, the cops will flex their muscles to deter people and look good for the average citizen.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 19-02-2007, 08:47 AM   #75
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
That's his point, they were driven there and were unroadworthy.
I see this point however, this does not justify shooting fish in a barrel. Why get a modified car for low washer water when a mistreated vehicles drives continuously on bald tyres?
Quote:
How many roadworthy cars got canaried?
Probably all. A car doen't have to be unroadworth to receive a canary!
Quote:
It's harsh what happened, but after noble park, the cops will flex their muscles to deter people and look good for the average citizen.
Harsh is an understatement. However anyone who was at Noble Park on the famous night knows the damage made and actions against authority were not by motor enthusiests or persons involved in the modified car scene. So that event is irrelevant. Sure it is an easy scapegoat or excuse.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 19-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #76
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
I see this point however, this does not justify shooting fish in a barrel. Why get a modified car for low washer water when a mistreated vehicles drives continuously on bald tyres?.
harsh reality is unroadworthy is unroadworthy

Quote:
Probably all. A car doen't have to be unroadworth to receive a canary!
Based on that statement you think every car that canaried was roadworthy, I'm sure every car that got a canary was in some form unroadworthy (although I have seen first hand a roadworthy vehicle get a canary)

Quote:
Harsh is an understatement. However anyone who was at Noble Park on the famous night knows the damage made and actions against authority were not by motor enthusiests or persons involved in the modified car scene. So that event is irrelevant. Sure it is an easy scapegoat or excuse.
you may be right, but it was the cars that drew the crowds there, probably thanks to the cops and the media, thre general public thinks it was the "hoons" that did the damage, but it was the hoons that painted the blackies on the road and human nature makes it guilt by association.

End of the day, if you were there and got a canary, make your car RWC get it off and then start all over again or leave it rwc.

Old 19-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #77
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
harsh reality is unroadworthy is unroadworthy
Not true, roadworthy cars can still be defected.

Quote:
Based on that statement you think every car that canaried was roadworthy, I'm sure every car that got a canary was in some form unroadworthy (although I have seen first hand a roadworthy vehicle get a canary)
Not every, I'm not sure on the ratio, but what I say is that there are more dangerous cars out there still

Quote:
you may be right, but it was the cars that drew the crowds there, probably thanks to the cops and the media, thre general public thinks it was the "hoons" that did the damage, but it was the hoons that painted the blackies on the road and human nature makes it guilt by association.
The cars that go there are just sh**ers, nothing special. Nothing as good as the quality found at shows.

Quote:
End of the day, if you were there and got a canary, make your car RWC get it off and then start all over again or leave it rwc.
As I said earlier. You can leave your car roadworthy and still get defected. It's that fact that a car that is fine, is still recored as defective and you still have to get it cleared (additional cost) for no reason.
Old 19-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #78
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia
So, would this mean that any officer with a grudge against modified cars could stroll through the show and shine at summernats or even the Melbourne international motor show for example, handing out defect stickers?

It has been said before that police, if they wanted to, could defect a car that just rolled of the production line... So where is the line drawn?

What about the V8 supercars, Melbourne Grand Prix and Queensland Indy Champ cars? Many race tracks are based on public roads aka "highways"... Even though they would be closed off to the general public, what is stopping a police officer walking through the pits giving defect and speeding fines to race cars?

There are far more important social problems to be taken care off than a few modified cars, parked at in a shopping centre as a promotion for a store...

If these police had been driving down the M1 the other day, would 2 people have died in a totally preventable collision? Lord knows a speed camera wouldn't have helped...

I'm going off on a bit of a tangent now, but my problem is that the police should be focusing their resources on making the community a better place, not targeting a minority, for putting on an organised show and shine... :
This is the BEST POST I have read on here in a long while.
But hey, if I could DEFECT a purple RX7 I probably would, just for bad taste.
Old 19-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #79
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Lucky I didnt go. Shattered I missed out on the free beer. Shattering about the cops giving out canaries at a show think thats going a little far.
Free beer and modified cars. Now there's a great combination!
Old 19-02-2007, 12:16 PM   #80
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not true, roadworthy cars can still be defected.

Not every, I'm not sure on the ratio, but what I say is that there are more dangerous cars out there still

The cars that go there are just sh**ers, nothing special. Nothing as good as the quality found at shows.

As I said earlier. You can leave your car roadworthy and still get defected. It's that fact that a car that is fine, is still recored as defective and you still have to get it cleared (additional cost) for no reason.
Not trying to have an argument with you but I think you are not reading my posts correctly.
I agree it was harsh what happened, but fact is, it has been happening for years.

You mention a scenario about a car being canaried for washers, fact is it is a rwc item, although it would be harsh to get done for just that., But as I said unroadworthy is unroadworthy. Copping a canary and your car is rwc is crap!
Without knowing the cars that got canaried, I pretty certain that everycar that has to get a rwc done will have to change something to help it pass.

I agree about some cars being more dangerous than a car that's too low for instance, but as mentioned you don't see them gathering in great numbers and drawing attention to themselves.

We know it's normally the idiots with the sh1tters that cause the trouble, but fact is they follow the good cars and then we are all seen as 1 group.

Old 19-02-2007, 12:58 PM   #81
XRated
Shoot.

How many of you whingers have written into the local council representative(s) or done anything constructive except **** and moan on a forum full of unroadworthy E-Series?

And in summary..
- Autobahn organises a "show and shine" (woo hoo.... Awesome....)
- Some unroadworthy cars on display get defected because they're on property classified as public highway (and no they weren't trailered or teleported there, due to popular misconception).
- Enthusiasts who wonder why they get little respect from the Authorities whinge on a forum without doing anything constructive to change the issue at hand. Again.

20V Turbo

Old 19-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #82
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
How many of you whingers have written into the local council representative(s) or done anything constructive except **** and moan on a forum full of unroadworthy E-Series?

And in summary..
- Autobahn organises a "show and shine" (woo hoo.... Awesome....)
- Some unroadworthy cars on display get defected because they're on property classified as public highway (and no they weren't trailered or teleported there, due to popular misconception).
- Enthusiasts who wonder why they get little respect from the Authorities whinge on a forum without doing anything constructive to change the issue at hand. Again.
That sounds to me like you are having a so called "whinge" as well...........isn't this what the forums are about, discussions with others? I am sure you have "whinged" on the forums before...................whats the problem?

We will see what everyone thinks when the TMU comes to the next AFD and Canary's every car on display, no one will have a so called "whinge", yeah right.........as if!

This is more about having good relationships with the Police and if they respect us we will respect them more........

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 19-02-2007, 02:13 PM   #83
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got to say, I don't see discussion.. just whinging. Noone has done or proposed anything to remedy the situation, just ...well.. whinged.
Old 19-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #84
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
I got to say, I don't see discussion.. just whinging. Noone has done or proposed anything to remedy the situation, just ...well.. whinged.
What do you suggest?

How can things improve?
Old 19-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #85
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What do you suggest?

How can things improve?
suggested before, I am not going to sound like a broken record every time people want to go off and complain. In every thread about this I have said what I think needs to happen.
Old 19-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #86
poomba
xc - my other love

If the people (anyone, anytime) have a real problem with wrong being done by them by the police, then take it to court. thats the only answer.

they are targeting a specific consumer, which has arguments for and against. the specific consumer in this case, is renound for causing trouble. that may not be all of US but it is the case... just like males between 18 and 26 being renound for drink driving, just as females are renound for puzzling blokes with arguments that don't make sense, just as golf is renound for being the most stressfull form of stress relief. unfortunate for us i guess. on the same note however, this almost seems like entrapment. unfortunate that people performing a selfless act putting their car on show for anothers benifit walks home with a sticker...

whoever said they can ping you if they think the car has been on a roadway within the last 7 days is wrong... they could "think" a 50yr old paddok basher has been on the road 7 days prior, and take him to town...

What can we do? they wont revolk the tickets, they'll just ping us wienging e series owners club members next time they see us.

the law has too many loopholes to argue for, like the definition of roadways Vs private property, or the empowerment of a cop with a grudge, and us the power to do nothing about it.

Unfortunatley there are those among us enthusiasts that thinks they are above the law, and do stupid things. but then there are those that spend the money because they enjoy the simple pleasures of owning a personally customised and enhanced vehicle.

I know i would rather see a rust bucket hiace van, packed full of people that don't speak english, with the driver pumping the brakes to stop with a canary than a neat e series that is clearly well kept. but unfortunatley we are easier prey. what can i do about it? only option is take it to court if i disagree with my treatment... and if that is the case, i'll let the officer that has a grudge know about it too...

i wonder how many laws were being broken on the streets in chadstone, while the police were in the carpark staring at stationary cars???

Also, it was mentioned at the start of the thread that police read these forums, i also know there is a member on here that has opened up, and said he is a member of the police force... i invite them to share their thoughts, i am interested to hear the theory behind the methods.

apparently pretty fast - 400rwkw BF xr6t!

FG F6 bottom end - GTX3582 - Nizpro 4" exhaust - Nizpro cooler - plazmaman intake - piping - plenum - batt relocation - injectors - surge &044 pump - valve work & valve springs - XCAL
Old 19-02-2007, 04:11 PM   #87
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
A lesson. Any car in a car display. Remove plates & cover VIN/Rego.
unfortunately it doesn't work like that Dan. After looking at the VIN stamped on the body, and giving you the defect, they'll give you a ticket for having an unregistered vehicle... or not having a visible rego sticker/plates... or whatever the hell they want, because they can.

thats the way it works...
Old 19-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #88
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

just like they can drag you from your car and tell you you are resisting arrest... :(
Old 19-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #89
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
suggested before, I am not going to sound like a broken record every time people want to go off and complain. In every thread about this I have said what I think needs to happen.
OK thanks.

I hadn't read it...

Oh well.
Old 19-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #90
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poomba
whoever said they can ping you if they think the car has been on a roadway within the last 7 days is wrong... they could "think" a 50yr old paddok basher has been on the road 7 days prior, and take him to town...
that
was me, and disagree at your own risk.

I might add, the quickest way to get the cops on side is to invite them. Operation Drag Safe is staffed by really good guys who are making a genuine effort to bridge the gap. Whilst it doesn't guarantee anything, the cops are less likely to make tools of themselves if they have their own there.
Mind you, if your car is unroadworthy it is just the risk you run.
Closed Thread