Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-04-2005, 07:08 PM   #31
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
Hrmm, bit of a pickle....i hate insurance companies..
I found Just Car are the best for under 25's, im 22, my insurance for my 2004 XR6NA is $2000 and im only on a rating 5, if i had gone with shannons it would have been twice as much, half of the others wouldnt touch me with a ten foot barge pole.. :
My advice, bite the bullet, and call Just Car for another quote...and try ringing the cop shop to see if a police report was filed about that accident..(maybe not in that order )
I called just cars for my 2003 XR6NA and they quoted me $4011. I'm also 22, and I just laughed and hung up.
I went wth Young & Cool and my premium is only $1550
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 07:30 PM   #32
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
I know for fact the question asked by Just Cars is this.
"In The last 3 years have you had any accidents , claims or thefts?"
The question does not differentiate weather or not you claimed on insurance. It is the events and incedents in the last 3 years that will dictate the no claim bonus you recieve. I would be sceptical of the second opperator that told you it did not matter, get them to check it with thier supervisor and also get them to put thier supervisors name to messages on the quote if it was correct or you may find at claim time they ask for the extra premium before they act.
Im still waiting on the quote to turn up, if it's stated on the quote that it's happened and the premium is the lower of the two ill sign it and send them the money. If they decide it's wrong thats their problem not mine, i gave them all revelent info and they stuffed up not me.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 10:47 PM   #33
xrgran

So what is the excess you are looking at for insurance? This can be a very hefty sum too.

If you have a girlfriend that drives, perhaps you can add her onto your insurance policy, even if she is younger, as this can bring your payments down in price.

Unfortunately these rotten blighters like to dig too damn deep in to the pockets of young blokes.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2005, 11:09 PM   #34
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrgran
So what is the excess you are looking at for insurance? This can be a very hefty sum too.

If you have a girlfriend that drives, perhaps you can add her onto your insurance policy, even if she is younger, as this can bring your payments down in price.

Unfortunately these rotten blighters like to dig too damn deep in to the pockets of young blokes.
I think the excess is around the $15oo-$2,ooo mark but im not certain. No longer have a missus and she nor any other women wouldn't be driving my car period.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:23 AM   #35
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
I know for fact the question asked by Just Cars is this.
"In The last 3 years have you had any accidents , claims or thefts?"
The question does not differentiate weather or not you claimed on insurance. It is the events and incedents in the last 3 years that will dictate the no claim bonus you recieve. I would be sceptical of the second opperator that told you it did not matter, get them to check it with thier supervisor and also get them to put thier supervisors name to messages on the quote if it was correct or you may find at claim time they ask for the extra premium before they act.
if thats the case, its not very hard at all to say "no, i have not had any accidents"

if they play that game, so can we.
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 03:58 AM   #36
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Im still waiting on the quote to turn up, if it's stated on the quote that it's happened and the premium is the lower of the two ill sign it and send them the money. If they decide it's wrong thats their problem not mine, i gave them all revelent info and they stuffed up not me.
If its just an estimate document that's being sent(with no incident info on it), that can be considered just an estimate until such time as an insurance proposal (application) form is considered.

If they enter your details in later on to do the policy and the price changes, you'll wear it.

If you had a current policy and they stuffed the renewal, then thats different.

If like you say the incident is on the estimate document and the rate is cheaper when it shouldn't be then you're fine.

Is your broker unable to find someone for you ???

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 08:56 AM   #37
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
if thats the case, its not very hard at all to say "no, i have not had any accidents"

That may be so, but when they investigate at claim time you could your claim could be reduced or refused, or as stated before they make you pay the extra premium you should have paid in the firstplace before they do anything for you. As I stated once before the law has a term for this, its called "insurance fraud"

Your gamble, not mine, *shrugs*
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 10:36 AM   #38
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez

That is my intention as i dont belive any reports were made by the copper, i should have atleast got a copy. It was a quick 2 min phone nothing else.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #39
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6

If like you say the incident is on the estimate document and the rate is cheaper when it shouldn't be then you're fine.

Is your broker unable to find someone for you ???
Yes it's on the estimate, that's why i asked him to send the paperwork asap.
Broker sucks ***, he's actually a business broker. He tends to deal more in transport company insurance, fleets of trucks massive amounts of cars and the likes. Trying to get me insurance was a favour to my old man.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:42 AM   #40
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
That may be so, but when they investigate at claim time you could your claim could be reduced or refused, or as stated before they make you pay the extra premium you should have paid in the firstplace before they do anything for you. As I stated once before the law has a term for this, its called "insurance fraud"

Your gamble, not mine, *shrugs*
If i hadn't told them and somehow they did find out and could actually prove it i'd have to wear it. But if i tell them all the relevent info and they bugger it up that is now their fault and they should still pay up.
Old 17-04-2005, 11:32 PM   #41
XRQTOR
Banned

Well got the insurance sorted. The broker i was using got a letter from Lumly stateing that i was on a 6o% ncb. It worked out that way as it was insured through work, they had a 6o% ncb so iv'e had that for the past 2 years. Just cars have started me on a 3o% ncb, that includes my accident. My premium is $3545 a year.

Very intresting to know that my premium would jump to $389o if i added new fuel pump, injectors, custom, manifold, full exhaust, chip & edit, intercooler and forced induction.
Old 17-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #42
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Well got the insurance sorted. The broker i was using got a letter from Lumly stateing that i was on a 6o% ncb. It worked out that way as it was insured through work, they had a 6o% ncb so iv'e had that for the past 2 years. Just cars have started me on a 3o% ncb, that includes my accident. My premium is $3545 a year.

Very intresting to know that my premium would jump to $389o if i added new fuel pump, injectors, custom, manifold, full exhaust, chip & edit, intercooler and forced induction.
only a $300 increase if you supercharge it? DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :
Old 17-04-2005, 11:46 PM   #43
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
3k+ is still a lot for insurance whichever way you look at it.

Still, there's not a lot you can do when you're slugged for being under 25.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 08:19 PM   #44
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
only a $300 increase if you supercharge it? DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :
Hmm never got a quote for wacking a blower on it.
Old 18-04-2005, 08:26 PM   #45
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
3k+ is still a lot for insurance whichever way you look at it.

Still, there's not a lot you can do when you're slugged for being under 25.
Very true, not much i can do about it esp as iv'e just hit 2o. Atleast with just cars i can mod it to where im happy and not have to worrie about insurance. I'd be willing to pay $5,ooo for a seriously modded xr8, leavses a bit of change now.
Old 18-04-2005, 10:15 PM   #46
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Man I can't see how you see that as good value.
Don't get me wrong mate.....I am very glad you do worry about your insurance. I just can't fathom spending that much on car insurance. I have a 2001 Ford Escape. Comprehensive insurance with accident rental car benift costs me $270.00 a year. (admittedly I do get a 50% staff discount) but heck...$540.00 a year compared to what you pay I shudder to think.
Old 18-04-2005, 10:19 PM   #47
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Man I can't see how you see that as good value.
Don't get me wrong mate.....I am very glad you do worry about your insurance. I just can't fathom spending that much on car insurance. I have a 2001 Ford Escape. Comprehensive insurance with accident rental car benift costs me $270.00 a year. (admittedly I do get a 50% staff discount) but heck...$540.00 a year compared to what you pay I shudder to think.
Where not exactly comparing the same car here either, i bet your a hell of alot older then me to with max no claim bonus. Bloke i know who owns a pursuit pays $2,ooo a year and he is at MNCB, thats the best he could find.

I gather you work for an insurance company so you'd know why it's so high. Wouldn't be able to get it cheaper for me would you.
Old 18-04-2005, 10:23 PM   #48
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Where not exactly comparing the same car here either, i bet your a hell of alot older then me to with max no claim bonus. Bloke i know who owns a pursuit pays $2,ooo a year and he is at MNCB, thats the best he could find.

I gather you work for an insurance company so you'd know why it's so high. Wouldn't be able to get it cheaper for me would you.
No its not quite the same car I know, and yes I am on max no claim bonus and 34.
Sorry to say but I can't help you, The company I work for would not insure you.
Old 18-04-2005, 10:45 PM   #49
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
No its not quite the same car I know, and yes I am on max no claim bonus and 34.
Sorry to say but I can't help you, The company I work for would not insure you.
Hahaha, I was going to try and pick which company you work for but the list is to long. I know you dont work for Just cars, NRMA or na thats it no one else will touch the car.
Old 18-04-2005, 11:59 PM   #50
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Hmm never got a quote for wacking a blower on it.
you said forced induction....that means turbo/supercharged....