Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #31
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

This is the main reason I chose to run Win XP on the carputer that im building... It will allow me to run my GPS software, with winamp playing music randomly whilst minimised...
As long as the GPS screen is always up when I'm in motion there will not be an issue.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2007, 08:39 PM   #32
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
"its ok officer, im just monitoring my spark advance table, see 18 of Australian Road Rules"
Would suck if he said back "See rule 27b of the Australian Road Rules, and can I have your keys" :(

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #33
DJ1979
and then some

Toyota Prius' have a touch screen for radio and other bits, but it also shows all bright and flashy showing running form either elec or petrol motors and battery charging, and i consider it far more distracting than tracks alone on a screen. Yet this must be ADR compliant as it is being sold in brand new vehicles. So yeah, it seems a bit harsh that because your screen shows tracks on an aftermarket system you get warned about it.
Anyway, I find a lot of stereos flashing and equaliser functions a lot more distracting....
Anyone driven a current model Corolla? The dash lights are SO bright they really impair night time vision, but again, ADR compliant......

Good thing I can turn em all off at night.
DJ1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #34
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

yeah you all bring up very good and interesting points.
yes most head units on the market at the moment come standard with bright coloured flashy screens.....my unit is MOTIONLESS light blue background with MOTIONLESS black track titles & NO MOVING parts other than track time counter.
Its less destracting than my gps which bounces around as you drive.
as for the the guys who pointed out the adr's...thanks it was a good read....but its weird how it conflicts with its self.
if factory cars are coming out with those huge screens for climate and cd controls like on the new falcons why in the world is mine any different.
ohh well....ill never win against the law. folding up and playing the dodge game it is.
thanks all for inputs
brad

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #35
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Victoria only.

Ticket: Drive motor vehicle with TV or VDU operating - Penalty $81.

Road Rule (Victoria)

Rule 299. Television receivers and visual display units in motor vehicles

(1) A driver must not drive a motor vehicle that has a television receiver or visual display unit in or on the vehicle operating while the vehicle is moving, or is stationary but not parked, if any part of the image on the screen—
(a) is visible to the driver from the normal driving position; or
(b) is likely to distract another driver.

Penalty: 2 penalty units.

Note Motor vehicle is defined in the Road Safety Act 1986, park is defined in the dictionary, and vehicle is defined in rule 15.

(2) This rule does not apply to the driver if—

(a) the driver is driving a bus and the visual display unit is, or displays, a
destination sign or other bus sign; or

(b) the visual display unit is, or is part of, a driver’s aid; or

(c) the Corporation has, by notice in writing, exempted the driver from
subrule (1).

Examples of driver’s aids
1. Closed-circuit television security cameras.
2. Dispatch systems.
3. Navigational or intelligent highway and vehicle system equipment.
4. Rearview screens.
5. Ticket-issuing machines.
6. Vehicle monitoring devices.

Others are right in saying that the 1st copper (the one waving you in) on the line in a booze-bus is a TMU member. The coppers on the line doing the breath tests are usually traniees, however at this current time, there are not any traniees coming out of the academy and so they are taking members from the uniform stations.
SDKC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post