Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lightbulb FORD OZ Should Copy FORD America ?

Maybe Ford Australia should copy their parent company ?

Editor's Pick: 2007 F-150It's not often that an automaker springs for financing as well as a cash rebate for a vehicle, but that's precisely what Ford is doing to promote sales of its 2007 F-150 full-size trucks. You can get both low-rate financing (including zero percent financing for 36 months) and a cash-back bonus set at $2,007, to drive home the idea of a model-year clearance sale. The incentives are valid until the end of August.

Some of the F-150s early accolades were the result of the emphasis that Ford put on creature comforts. The cab offers a comfort level rivaling many full-sized cars with easy-to-reach controls, ample storage and attractive optional interior trim levels. The F-150's suspension is tuned for a smooth ride, so it represents an easy transition from the world of cars to trucks. Yet it can tow 10,500 pounds and carry a payload of 3,050 pounds. Tire pressure monitoring is a standard safety feature for 2007.

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Good idea. They also do this in Europe, In Poland you can get a Ford Fiesta with 0% finance for the life of the loan.

They should do it here too.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bad idea. Ford Australia needs working capital and cash flows, not long term debtors and bad debts.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
XR6_BABE
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
Good idea. They also do this in Europe, In Poland you can get a Ford Fiesta with 0% finance for the life of the loan.

They should do it here too.
I agree 0% Finance would be a start & then build a DECENT 460 V8 ORION or even a Twin Turbo 6 cyl atleast,i picked up a new Motor magazine last night at the sevro & tell me if I'm wrong but is THAT REALLY TRUE THAT HSV ARE BRINGING OUT THE 427 with 386KW's IN THIER NEW GTS? : If Ford & FPV doesn't start pulling there weight & do something about this right NOW Ford & FPV will be left behind big time :evil3: , next thing you'll know Toyota will bring out a new 400 KW V8 straight off the factory floor wouldn't Ford or Fpv look good then,please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm open to all opinons :
XR6_BABE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #5
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Some of the F-150s early accolades were the result of the emphasis that Ford put on creature comforts. The cab offers a comfort level rivaling many full-sized cars with easy-to-reach controls, ample storage and attractive optional interior trim levels. The F-150's suspension is tuned for a smooth ride, so it represents an easy transition from the world of cars to trucks. Yet it can tow 10,500 pounds and carry a payload of 3,050 pounds. Tire pressure monitoring is a standard safety feature for 2007.
Lol, just what australia needs... more gas guzzlers "but... you can reach all the knobs and stuff". Altho it does sound like the perfect car for someone who cant remember the last time they saw their feet!!

What on earth would anyone be towing that weighs near 5 tonnes?!??

As for finance... well, subaru used to do 2% finance*

*With 10% deposit and a 30% residual payment at the conclusion of the 3 year period at 2%
Old 09-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #6
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Lol, just what australia needs... more gas guzzlers "but... you can reach all the knobs and stuff". Altho it does sound like the perfect car for someone who cant remember the last time they saw their feet!!

What on earth would anyone be towing that weighs near 5 tonnes?!??

As for finance... well, subaru used to do 2% finance*

*With 10% deposit and a 30% residual payment at the conclusion of the 3 year period at 2%
So when do you pickup the prius martin? :P

Theres plenty of people who tow that much gear, I know plenty of tradies who own F150's for specifically this reason. Not to mention Farms(Where a 0% loan would certainly come in handy!)

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 04:08 PM   #7
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_BABE
... is THAT REALLY TRUE THAT HSV ARE BRINGING OUT THE 427 with 386KW's IN THIER NEW GTS? :
Yes, the LS3 (7.0l V8) powered HSV is confirmed. It will appear in this year's sydney motor show. It'll be a limited edition thing though.

And I like the sound of 0% interest finance. Just bring it.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #8
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Yes, the LS3 (7.0l V8) powered HSV is confirmed. It will appear in this year's sydney motor show. It'll be a limited edition thing though.

And I like the sound of 0% interest finance. Just bring it.
The LS3 is the new 6.2litre 430hp 424ftlbs V8 that powers the C6 Corvette for 2008, replacing the 400hp 400ftlbs 6.0litre LS2.

The 7.0litre 505hp 470ftlbs V8 from the Corvette Z06 is the LS7.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #9
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
The LS3 is the new 6.2litre 430hp 424ftlbs V8 that powers the C6 Corvette for 2008.

OK, my bad...
Old 09-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #10
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

"Mileage? Highway: 1. City: 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
So when do you pickup the prius martin? :P
Lol. My Ra40 uses less fuel Altho a prius prob has more style.... :togo:

Quote:
Theres plenty of people who tow that much gear, I know plenty of tradies who own F150's for specifically this reason. Not to mention Farms(Where a 0% loan would certainly come in handy!)
Are we not discussing this in the context of giving FoMoCo the shot in the arm that they need to get this thing started and firing on all 8 cylinders again? Ill be honest... i dunno if tradies (who dont already an F series) and farmers are a big enough push to get her roll started (what's that? its an auto? bugger )

BTW whatever trade calls for 5 tonne towing... is a bloody hardcore trade! lol
Old 09-07-2007, 04:59 PM   #11
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Heck no. Make our own cars not start borrowing there cars for ours like they do with us
Old 09-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #12
XR6_BABE
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoR_
Heck no. Make our own cars not start borrowing there cars for ours like they do with us
Yeah i agree make the cars here but Ford australia just don't have the money or tech to compete with the America boys it's just like putting a BF GT 290kw up against the America's new Mustang Cobra Turbo just can't compare sorry,& then you hear ford Australia whinging about the money they out lay for the V8 Supercars which really only gives them good advertizing at the end of the day & they have only just came to a agreement with the V8 Supercars, Come on ford FPV pull ya finger out :
Old 09-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #13
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

I'd have one of those trucks!
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #14
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura

"Mileage? Highway: 1. City: 0"

Lol. My Ra40 uses less fuel Altho a prius prob has more style.... :togo:

Are we not discussing this in the context of giving FoMoCo the shot in the arm that they need to get this thing started and firing on all 8 cylinders again? Ill be honest... i dunno if tradies (who dont already an F series) and farmers are a big enough push to get her roll started (what's that? its an auto? bugger )

BTW whatever trade calls for 5 tonne towing... is a bloody hardcore trade! lol
I know of a few air conditioning installers who use them, we had a very large system installed for a cold room at work that arrived on an F250. I judged an F150 that was being used by an industrial cleaner at a ute show. Theres actually a market there for them.

In regards to giving fomoco a shot in the arm, would need alot more then just a zero interest loan. I think the mindset of ford is "We are second" and it shows in alot of what is done mechanically and through marketing. Unless the management decide to lead instead of react to GM and Toyota, it will always be in that second place.

In short Rick Bobby, youre either first, or youre last! :P

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 08:20 PM   #15
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard

In short Rick Bobby, youre either first, or youre last! :P
Shake and bake baby!
I dunno about 0 interest loans and stuff but leading rather than following is what made the german brands to where they are now..so lets follow them by leading.lol
Diesel falcons and terry's and AWD premium models with high tech safety and comfort features yes please
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 08:55 PM   #16
XR6_BABE
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
Shake and bake baby!
I dunno about 0 interest loans and stuff but leading rather than following is what made the german brands to where they are now..so lets follow them by leading.lol
Diesel falcons and terry's and AWD premium models with high tech safety and comfort features yes please
Instead of a Diesel falcon or territory how about a LPG powered 429 or 460 V8 Orion Falcon you wouldn't have to worry about the cost of the V8 fuel guzzler then & while LPG is about 108 - 110 RON it should run just as hard as the cars that run on Premium 95 -98 RON if not better
Old 09-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #17
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RONs don't directly affect car's performance.