Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

View Poll Results: what chip for ef 5spd
get unichip retuned 2 25.00%
get tweecer chip & tune 1 12.50%
get chiptorque & tune 4 50.00%
get sniper chip & tune 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-07-2007, 07:25 PM   #1
mad-ef
formerly mad_one3000

Default suggestions on what chip for ef 5spd

just did my tax today & i am getting a decent amount back so i am after suggestions for comp chip for my car

1. get current unichip that i have tuned to get car running better
2. get tweecer chip & tune
3. get chiptorque chip & tune
4. try out bpt new sniper flash & tune

with current setup the revs cut out at 5100rpm on dyno so would getting unichip retuned raise that limit or am i better off removing the unichip & getting a new chip

1994 ef fairmont 6cyl t5 manual & billet short shifter with jimmock dev5 including race series head,cam & vernier gear, mandrel bend high flow exhaust, pacemaker extractors, k&n air filter & bigger intake, unichip,16in xr8 rims, sports suspension & tinted windows, duel fuel & 6.5 dvd,tv clarion amp with front & rear 6in splits in doors & 2 6in subs in parcel shelf 148rwkw @ dynomotive dyno day
mad-ef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2007, 07:43 PM   #2
sexr6tasy
Banned

get a stinger
sexr6tasy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
mad-ef
formerly mad_one3000

cant afford to get a stinger thats why its the options above have to also get gearbox fixed with tax money
1994 ef fairmont 6cyl t5 manual & billet short shifter with jimmock dev5 including race series head,cam & vernier gear, mandrel bend high flow exhaust, pacemaker extractors, k&n air filter & bigger intake, unichip,16in xr8 rims, sports suspension & tinted windows, duel fuel & 6.5 dvd,tv clarion amp with front & rear 6in splits in doors & 2 6in subs in parcel shelf 148rwkw @ dynomotive dyno day
Old 20-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #4
V8 Ghia
Formally ED I6

With an EF the rev limiter is set to 5700, so if the car is cutting out at 5100 I would be looking at something other than the ECU, ie coil pack, fuel, is your tacho accurate etc.
Looking at your mods in your sig, the unichip is more than adequate so retuning gets my vote.

---------------------------
Other
93' ED 5spd 4.0L NA Fairmont
13.75 @ 101mph
V8 Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #5
mad-ef
formerly mad_one3000

anyone please
Old 22-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #6
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Either a sniper or Tweecer.

Im not sure on the unichip or chiptorque but i know that tweecer and sniper have full parameter tuning. Apparently the sniper has more plot points and covers more e-series as the tweecer covers alot but wont cover a few (ie mine with a catch code of 4ddg).

I will be using the sniper on mine when the time comes ofr tuning. either that or save for a aftermarket ecu.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #7
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

you ignored ED I6's post?
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 06:26 PM   #8
mad-ef
formerly mad_one3000

i didn't ignore ed i6 but anyway on saturday car was put on dyno at fordmods dyno day & dyno was done in 3rd gear with revs going to just over 5700rpm but first off he tryed in 4th & hit speed limiter early so i presume that the last dyno that was done he ran it in 4th. also to note that i got a extra 11rwkw with gas mixer off & mark at dynomotive told me that with a retune i should get a extra 10rwkw. dyno on saturday got me 148rwkw
has anyone had a sniper installed as i am leaning towards getting one of those done thankyou
Old 23-07-2007, 08:07 PM   #9
efgiar
rofl copter

is there a link or more info on the sniper? price? where from etc etc

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 08:27 PM   #10
mad-ef
formerly mad_one3000

here you go a link from bpt motorsport http://norcom.net.au/~bpt/Sniper%20Tuning.htm
price is $595 for chip them $187 for 6 position cable to run different tunes them add more for custom dyno etc