Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-11-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
AU Gold
Starter Motor

Default AU1 Boot not releasing!

Went to open the boot this morning, and both remote button and dash switch won't open the boot, ended up dropping the back seat to pull the wire to release it.

The lights flash, remote lights up and i can hear the dash switch click, but no go.

I know there's been a few threads on here before about this problem, so just asking to see if anyone knows how much a new solenoid is likely to cost, and are they an easy fit for someone with limited skills! :

Sorry for no avatar etc, still a newbie to the forum.

Thanks all _2:

AU Gold is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 09:13 AM   #2
Jokular

Welcome to the forum
I hope someone has the answer to your problem.
Old 21-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
AU Gold
Starter Motor

Thanks Jocular,

Anyone know which fuse controls the solenoid/boot latch?
thanks
Old 21-11-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
au^dude
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All it might be is that your boot latch needs some lube so spray some WD40 on it and see how ya go. I had a similar problem and that seemed to work.
au^dude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #5
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

If it is "clicking" that is the solenoid working, so unless the wire cable has come off the solenoid then that isn't your problem

I had several AU taxis and the only trouble I had with boot releases was if they shut them on plastic bags, material or something that physically jammed the latch from opening, check there is nothing caught in the latch
Also if your boot is really chockas (as in having to force it shut) the upwards pressure will prevent it opening sometimes
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 09:59 PM   #6
AU Gold
Starter Motor

Boot is easy to open and shut and hasn't anything trapped in the latch.

The faint click comes from the dash not the back of the car when the dash button or remote button is pressed, could this be a wiring problem or the solenoid?

Might just pick up a latch & solenoid from FTG to see if that solves it. I really don't want to take the car to Ford!

Thanks everyone.
Old 27-11-2007, 12:06 AM   #7
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If there is no noise from the boot, I'd put money on the solenoid
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post