Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 30-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Opinions on Ford Fiesta Zetec?

My mum is in the market for a new car (Small car) and she is looking at > $20,000.

She has only looked at the Toyota Yaris at the moment but i said she should take a look at the Ford Fiesta (She currently owns a 1999 Festiva). Anyone have any positive comments on the Zetec Fiesta?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Non-car enthusiasts wont be impressed with the Fiesta.

1) Engine might be a bit too loud
2) Ride might be a bit too firm
3) 95+RON PULP recommended
4) 4-star safety rating compared to Yaris' 5-star safety rating
5) 195/45R16 tyres can be more expensive than other's OEM tyres to replace

But if your mum likes car and likes to drive.. then all those "issues" are irrelevant.

KenLee recently wrote a nice positive review about the Fiesta Zetec http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...35&postcount=1
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK cant edit anymore. One more question... does the car have to be brand new? cos there are heaps of options for 2nd cars under $20,000.
Old 30-05-2008, 07:53 PM   #4
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
OK cant edit anymore. One more question... does the car have to be brand new? cos there are heaps of options for 2nd cars under $20,000.
Yeah it has to be brand new, i've already asked that haha. We've scoped out so far:

Ford Fiesta Zetec
Suzuki Swift Sport
Mazda 2 Neo/Genki (Just over $20,000, around $22,000)

We're going to go out and get some test drives done.
Quote:

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Old 30-05-2008, 08:03 PM   #5
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
Yeah it has to be brand new, i've already asked that haha. We've scoped out so far:

Ford Fiesta Zetec
Suzuki Swift Sport
Mazda 2 Neo/Genki (Just over $20,000, around $22,000)

We're going to go out and get some test drives done.
Cool.

SwiftSport is ok... it retails at about $24,000.. add an extra $1000 you can get the Fiesta XR4. IMO you'll be getting much more car for the $1000 extra. (if that make sense haha)

Mazda 2 is nice, it shares a very similar, if not the same chassis as the next gen. Fiesta. The only thing I dont like about the Mazda 2 is the interior... otherwise it's a nice little car. It finished on the top 3 in Wheels COTY recently... if that means anything to you.

If you can stretch the budget a bit by going a bit over $20,000... check out the Jazz and Polo. They're good cars too.
Old 30-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Cool.

SwiftSport is ok... it retails at about $24,000.. add an extra $1000 you can get the Fiesta XR4. IMO you'll be getting much more car for the $1000 extra. (if that make sense haha)

Mazda 2 is nice, it shares a very similar, if not the same chassis as the next gen. Fiesta. The only thing I dont like about the Mazda 2 is the interior... otherwise it's a nice little car. It finished on the top 3 in Wheels COTY recently... if that means anything to you.

If you can stretch the budget a bit by going a bit over $20,000... check out the Jazz and Polo. They're good cars too.
Ooof! $24,000? Redbook said it was $17,980! We'll have to reconsider that one i think, or we can TRY stretch the budget.

Or that might have been the normal Swift but the "S" variant?
Quote:

Last edited by 90sFTW; 30-05-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 30-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #7
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm positive the Swift Sport is the top of the line Swift and cost around $23,000-24,000. Maybe you mistaken it with Swift S (which do exist).
Old 30-05-2008, 08:39 PM   #8
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahh yes, my bad i think i did! Communication problem on my part there.
Quote:

Old 30-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #9
nrl_bulldogs
Starter Motor

Mazda 2 you can get cheaper with the new 3 doors, and you should be able to get the Neo lower than $20k driveaway. I was offered $20k for the Maxx a couple of months ago without even trying to bargain.
nrl_bulldogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 09:38 PM   #10
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mum prefers a 5dr over 3
Quote:

Old 30-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #11
nrl_bulldogs
Starter Motor

What are her main criteria?

Like does she prefer a car with:
- a bit of zip
- low fuel consumption
- safety

etc.
nrl_bulldogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #12
scooby

Wait a few weeks and there should be some good end of financial year drive away deals.
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #13
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrl_bulldogs
What are her main criteria?

Like does she prefer a car with:
- a bit of zip
- low fuel consumption
- safety

etc.
All those 3 points rank high on the list, me and dad plan to book mum in for lots of test drives to get her a feel for some cars on the list.
Quote: