Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 30-05-2008, 11:38 PM   #31
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimus
sorry for the swearing but i was attempting to keep it on topic and no need for the other side

thanks xg-377 for cleaning it up

jason
I apologise also, i blame Jason cos he said it so i did to Good one Jase, keep your bucket mouth to yourself in the future LOL :
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 11:58 PM   #32
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Geelong hospital, second in crapness only to Ballarat Base Hospital.

Sorry to hear mate...also sorry to see people trying to turn this thread into an argument.

Hope all goes well.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 12:29 AM   #33
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
Well to be honest I don't blame them. Teachers aren't paramedics, they aren't going to risk diseases and stuff (Basically, their life) or risk yours to stop blood coming out. I'm guessing you didn't die from the ordeal? If they made things worse by jumping in and doing the wrong thing, I'm sure your parents as well as the parents who witnessed you fall over (yet didn't do anything I assume?) would all have just said 'oh well, they jumped in early, thats all I'm worried about'?

I'm not trying to start arguements either, however people need to think about what they're talking about and realise teachers are still workers, and so they need to be aware of OHS&W, which IMO is becoming overkill in all departments, not just schools. You can't just whinge about schools, when almost every day on the news there are stories of teachers leaving, not being happy with their wages/conditions/training etc. But I guess everyone who hasn't been happy with the heavily subsidised school they send their children to have just complained to friends/a car based internet forum instead of writing a letter to the Government, even if it is your local MP?

Also, isn't evading the swear filter a breach of T&C? I'm disgusted at this type of language used on this supposedly family based forum.
I can understand your point of view on this Aaron. As the secretary of our local P & C ,I do know that, although as you state teachers are only teachers, there is in every school at the bare minimum (small school like ours) at least one certified first aid certificate holder. This means that there is someone who is meant to be qualified to tend to accidents of this nature when it arises. A common event in a primary school.

The school I am associated with is a central school (small town public school) and is by no means heavily subsided. I still expect a phone call when one of our kids have an incident. I have been a bit the same as bob in that regard & dreaded the daily phone call over behaviour. Funny how those calls come through quiet quickly yet when the kids are hurt they are delayed if sometimes at all.

I do believe that the original poster was not intending an argument over the school or the hospital system, although IMHO both are areas that need attention to be the standard we need as communities.
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #34
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
I can understand your point of view on this Aaron. As the secretary of our local P & C ,I do know that, although as you state teachers are only teachers, there is in every school at the bare minimum (small school like ours) at least one certified first aid certificate holder. This means that there is someone who is meant to be qualified to tend to accidents of this nature when it arises. A common event in a primary school.

The school I am associated with is a central school (small town public school) and is by no means heavily subsided. I still expect a phone call when one of our kids have an incident. I have been a bit the same as bob in that regard & dreaded the daily phone call over behaviour. Funny how those calls come through quiet quickly yet when the kids are hurt they are delayed if sometimes at all.

I do believe that the original poster was not intending an argument over the school or the hospital system, although IMHO both are areas that need attention to be the standard we need as communities.
MN I don't wan to steer this thread off topic but I would have thought that all teachers would be required to be competent in First Aid. If not, well bugger me. An oversight by legislators if ever there was one.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 12:43 AM   #35
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will have to check out the actual legislation on this too ..... As far as I am aware there has to be at least one staff member at all times to be certified. One would hope that all teachers have at least a basic knowledge of first aid as well but if that is an actual requirement I am not sure without looking in the 'book'.

No doubt this would change state to state as well.
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #36
bingoTE50
Steve

Grimus ,if they can set her arm without an op that would be great . Kid heals so quickly in 4-6 weeks she will be good as gold.
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #37
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well this is one thing a parent I never wants to see again

that is what this thread was about

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 09:03 PM   #38
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimus
well this is one thing a parent I never wants to see again

that is what this thread was about

jason

NOT HAPPY JAN!!
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #39
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jas I hope your daughter heals soon.

Hospitals can be such a pain in the butt, I had my first hospital episode the other week, and the amount of waiting and stuffing around was incredible.... It would be much worse though taking a child through that sort of saga.
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 09:18 PM   #40
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh rob

she hates the fact she has to have the cast

melz thanks for the good wishes and all that have posted above we thank you

2 1/2 weeks time we will find out if it needs to be opperated on

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #41
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Where is the flame job on her cast ! When Jake broke his wrist, at the same school, the first thing i did was jam job a flame on his cast. All the best Sarah, I hope your arm is all better soon.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 09:46 PM   #42
Paxton
Cobblers!

Shite mate.

That isn't good. I was one of the clumsiest people at my school, and spent many an afternoon in Sick Bay, but in the '80s, my school had a Sister working for them, so I never had that sort of treatment.

I would be demanding answers from the school as to why they waited so long before you/your partner were contacted. If Sarah does need an operation, I would be definitely speaking to the Principal/Local member, as it really isn't good enough..

The Hospital experience sounds like something that happens in NSW as well. Don't get me started on RNS, and their Radiology department.

All the best Jason/Sarah.

Andrew.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post