Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-07-2005, 11:14 PM   #1
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Default Ford Customer Complaint Address ?

Does anyone know either a snail mail or email address for this area ?

I am sick to death of the service from certain dealerships, and after tomorrow when I take it back up with the dealership, I will be writing to ford to let them know exactly what I think of some of their dealers.

At this moment, i am a very unhappy Ford camper

Cheers

Chris

Old 07-07-2005, 11:26 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

is it worth contacting CRC? They might be able to help.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:37 PM   #3
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

that would be one of the address' i am chasing as well

chris
Old 07-07-2005, 11:39 PM   #4
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They have a 13 H number - 13 FORD - 13 36 73
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2005, 11:50 PM   #5
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

cheers Doc !

Chris
Old 08-07-2005, 02:49 AM   #6
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Chris can you PM me the name of the dealer/s you are having trouble with?
Thanks.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 10:27 AM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yeah 13FORD will get you thru to CRC, ive always found them to be very good to deal with.they do also have an email address, its under the contact details on the Ford website.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:28 AM   #8
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good Luck with it chris
Old 08-07-2005, 10:46 AM   #9
NZ
~~~

hat have the dealers done (or not done?)

"the man that crashs AFF"
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #10
XRchic
Hello

The CRC is good. Also, Chris, you could try going straight to the top at Broady... worked for me! Well it worked with David Flint and Geoff Polites - two excellent guys to deal with.

Id be curious to know which dealer too.

Chris, you know Eamon now works at Adrian Brien, dont you?

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 03:39 AM   #11
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordel
Does anyone know either a snail mail or email address for this area ?

I am sick to death of the service from certain dealerships, and after tomorrow when I take it back up with the dealership, I will be writing to ford to let them know exactly what I think of some of their dealers.

At this moment, i am a very unhappy Ford camper

Cheers

Chris
Good luck Chris. I had a run in with an arrogant SOB of a dealer principal (Grant McCarroll) here in Armidale and it wasnt of my choosing either. I took the time to write a nine page letter of complaint that explained what this fella had done and how he is screwing over (many instances past tense) Ford owners in this town. My neighbour who was present for McCarrolls "rant" was also suitably offended enough to write a letter as well.The result?

A two minute phone call to basically say "thanks for writing". No follow up lettter, no apology from the dealer and no action taken other then being told that "they are aware of the issues" and that the dealer "had been cautioned by the regional sales manager". My neighbour didnt get any acknowledgement of his letter at all. I was just soooo impressed that my $100000 worth of business in the last three years would mean basically F***off from Ford. We are not talking company cars or leases, this is cash out of my own pocket.

I called back and pushed the matter and got some satisfaction (with their reluctance), but was quite simply amazed at the lack of customer service. I am writing to the CEO of Ford Australia and after that if I dont get something done about this fellow I am going to the media. There are some nice issues that both the mainstream press and hte motoring press might like to followup from what I have experienced and learnt.

Frankly I just dont understand why they dont put customer service as a priority at Ford. Its not like my letter was disputed - quite the contrary, but still nothing happens. They can spend all the millions they want on the cars, but if I dont trust them to support me with a good dealer network after the sale, then what is the point? This dealer will eventually become unprofitable and move on, but in the years before that he will drag sales and Fords reputation down with him. Wheres the sense in what they are doing.

Regards,
Daniel

Last edited by DanielXR8; 11-07-2005 at 03:46 AM.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

I think the breakdown usually occurs at the dealers end. As a company I have always found Ford very good to deal with, but its the dealers who get greedy and start meesing the customers around, but because Ford dont hold active stakes in the dealerships, they either dont know, or cant stop it. Sure they can tell the dealers to lift their game but how are they going to know if they do it or not? Dealers are franchises, they're not owned by Ford and thats why they get away with it.

As annoying and frustrating a process it may be, really the only way to get the action taken is to keep on their backs.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #13
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I whinged about a certain dealer in ACT selling me a car with un roadworthy tyres.

Ie they had been swapped, between the time I tested the car and the day I picked it up.. and a couple of other things..

I had a conference call between myself, CRC and the service manager.. I foiund em pretty good to deal with

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2005, 03:07 PM   #14
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic

Chris, you know Eamon now works at Adrian Brien, dont you?
Jac, i do now

I know where I will be going with my car and the Fiesta from now on

Chris
Old 11-07-2005, 03:13 PM   #15
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ
hat have the dealers done (or not done?)
They have taken it upon themselves to say that the headlight switch indicator lights are painted on and have always been and have never lit up at all.

The fact is there are lights there that come on when you turn the headlights on and always have in the year and a half i have had the car.

I have since been back and they have said yes they are not painted on and there is a problem, but nothing to say " oh sorry we were wrong ".

Its going in on the 25th to be fixed.

Just annoying that i have had to waste my time going back again when it should have been checked and said yes there is a problem, the day before when it was there for the entire day 7:30am - 5:30pm getting a service done.

Chris
Old 12-07-2005, 02:55 AM   #16
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
I think the breakdown usually occurs at the dealers end. As a company I have always found Ford very good to deal with, but its the dealers who get greedy and start meesing the customers around, but because Ford dont hold active stakes in the dealerships, they either dont know, or cant stop it. Sure they can tell the dealers to lift their game but how are they going to know if they do it or not? Dealers are franchises, they're not owned by Ford and thats why they get away with it.

As annoying and frustrating a process it may be, really the only way to get the action taken is to keep on their backs.
back2thefutura,
My point is if Ford arent prepared to pull those franshise agreements from under the dealers, then the dealers can just pay lip service and do whatever they please. In my case nothing was realy resolved and nothing can be really resolved unless this dealer feels his franshise is under a real threat. The guy is just too arrogant to concede his actions are wrong, under any other situation. Given that I have now heard so many stories about the bloke, dating back to at least 1996, I can also say he can act with complete immunity from Ford, as long as he meets their sales targets.

Their is no evidence from his behaviour or actions or the fact he still holds the franshise to this day to suggest otherwise. The fact that there may not be another party interested in the Armidale franshise, as hinted to me by Ford, still doesnt make sense if the franshise you have is making some sales and loosing you a ton more. The complaints are there and Ford know about them, it should be not up to me to take action beyond reporting the facts - I didnt sign the franshise agreement with him, and he has had it for many years despite the complaints.

My wife worked for Mazda Australia for a time and they pulled two dealers franshises when she was there. One was for poor sales and the other was to do with the amount of complaints that started piling up.

Still the guy I spoke to at Ford doesnt think I am really a customer of Ford beyond warranty issues, as they are just wholesalers apparently.

I am quite happy to post the letter I wrote on the forums if anyone wishes to judge it for themselves.

Daniel
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2005, 09:52 PM   #17
zoomzoom

Get A Life
zoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2005, 10:00 PM   #18
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
back2thefutura,
My point is if Ford arent prepared to pull those franshise agreements from under the dealers, then the dealers can just pay lip service and do whatever they please. In my case nothing was realy resolved and nothing can be really resolved unless this dealer feels his franshise is under a real threat. The guy is just too arrogant to concede his actions are wrong, under any other situation. Given that I have now heard so many stories about the bloke, dating back to at least 1996, I can also say he can act with complete immunity from Ford, as long as he meets their sales targets.

Their is no evidence from his behaviour or actions or the fact he still holds the franshise to this day to suggest otherwise. The fact that there may not be another party interested in the Armidale franshise, as hinted to me by Ford, still doesnt make sense if the franshise you have is making some sales and loosing you a ton more. The complaints are there and Ford know about them, it should be not up to me to take action beyond reporting the facts - I didnt sign the franshise agreement with him, and he has had it for many years despite the complaints.

My wife worked for Mazda Australia for a time and they pulled two dealers franshises when she was there. One was for poor sales and the other was to do with the amount of complaints that started piling up.

Still the guy I spoke to at Ford doesnt think I am really a customer of Ford beyond warranty issues, as they are just wholesalers apparently.

I am quite happy to post the letter I wrote on the forums if anyone wishes to judge it for themselves.

Daniel

Daniel,

I do agree with you and understand your frustration, believe me. Im presently involved with an issue a friend of mine is having with her new Fiesta at a dealership not far from here (its not my regular one), so Im helping her out as she doesnt know all that much about cars, and she feels the dealership in question may have been taking advantage of her for that very reason.

Without knowing what Fords official policy/course of action for this sort of thing is, I am sure they would have systems and policies in place to make sure dealers are kept in line to a certain degree. But like I said, theyre not in every dealership 24/7 and some of the stories I know about dealers after experience or reading on here would have Ford execs screaming for blood!

The only thing you can do is keep doing what you are - present the issue to them and DEMAND action. Granted its a frustrating exercise that often feels pointless, but its certainly worth doing.