Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Default Asia/Pacific magazine mentions my Ford plant in Ohio

Ford puts out it's own publication that used to be an employee only publication but now you can see it online.

In the Asian/Pacific region issue, which includes Australia and New Zealand, the plant that I work at in Ohio, though they only mention the city, Avon Lake, is credited in the article on Ford's latest paint technology that is being implemented around the world as the place it was pioneered. I remember hearing we were the pilot plant for this but never expected us to actually be credited for it in future publications.

The technique is called the 3-Wet high solids technology. It has to do with reducing the amount of CO2 and volatile organic compounds (fumes) that are released into the atmosphere. It also reduces the amount of paint required to paint a vehicle and reduces sags. Our plant used to be the #1 polluter in Ohio because of our paint fumes for the Econoline (E-series) full sized vans. I believe that is why this technology was pioneered here.

The magazine also has articles specific to Australia/New Zealand as well as China, Vietnam, and other countries in the region. I am sure you will find this interesting. It is a quick read, articles are short, and the magazine is only 20 pages total.

http://www.at.ford.com/news/Publicat...PA_3_AU.NZ.pdf

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #2
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

i know ford broadmeadows plant is the first or possibly only plant still that can paint any coloured cars at any time meaning they can go and paint 1 car blue next car red next silver next black etc. other plants have to do a batch of 20+ cars one colour before they can change colours.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 02:18 AM   #3
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Is it because of the number of cars produced anually? Seems that would use lots of thinner to clean the sprayers and thus waste paint as well. Have they come up with some way to make this process efficient?

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
cob115
COUPE WHORE

good one steve ,very tecnical

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post