Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-10-2009, 12:24 AM   #31
gtfpv
GT

budget direct . i insured my xf with them . it got stolen , from a shopping centre car park . then recovered 3 days later . since the vehicle was foound with minor damage i repaired it at my expense and did not make a claim . upon insurance renewel , i received a letter of decline as i was now a bad driver .
i rang them and asked how doing them a favour and not making a claim by repairing my own recovered stolen vehicle made me a bad driver .
anyhow i didnt re insure or get given the oportunity to with them . i wouldnt have after that treatment anyway .
administration rubbish errors .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 12:26 AM   #32
gtfpv
GT

GIO . HAD BUSINESS INSURANCE WITH THEM . shut down the business and cancelled the insurance . got a refund off them for the remaining annuity that i'd pre paid . since then i'm still on thier system and keep getting insurance renewels for a business the does not exist . i have now cancelled in writing 3 times . they simply wont cancel the policy.
Old 28-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #33
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

When I bought my FG F6 I got quotes from quite a few insurers. Despite being 34, perfect history, a few showed little or no interest. RACV quoted me 2400$ pa. That was for stock car. Shannons quoted me 1560$ for stock car and $1860 for modded car. I then spoke to Ryno, who were friendly, no BS and they quoted me 1260$ pa.

I have heard good reports for Ryno in regard to claims.

Ryno would not insure my wife's WS Fiesta, so I have that with YOUI who were super competitive on price.
Old 28-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #34
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

i was with CGU and when i had an issue at a car park, i had to do all the chasing around for info of the other driver. Was very dissapointed in their service. I switched to AAMI, and last year when i was hit from behind in a small accident they took care of everything, all i had to do was give them the rego of the other car and i sat back an relaxed. I also was paying around 120bucks less a year.
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #35
FairwagonsRus
Starter Motor

Was with RACQ ....checked before I started modifying my EB Wagon (Fairlane front, Leather interior SVO wheels etc) and was told that as long as its legal under QLD Transport rules whatever i did was fine. Went back to ratify the mods and were refused cover and that if I tried to claim they would act as if the policy NEVER existed all because of the Fairlane front end and that was that.
went to CGU (transferring my other car and House and contents) explained the situation to CGU took a look at the car and they put it through to their HQ and because all of the modifiactions "could have come from the factory" my car is listed as having a Fairlane front end but not actually being modified. At the end of the day also saved $1000 on insurance just on the wagon
Upgraded the other car(Datsun 280ZX) into comprehensive as RACQ originally wanted $1500 a year plus a $1200 excess for a car that they would only insure for $3000

Work for a smash repairs and the downside is that CGU tends to use second hand parts more so than other companies but have seen RACQ start to do the same

About a month later got a caller from an overseas telemarketer representing RACQ noting that I had cancelled my policies and what would be required to win me back-boy did I give him a mouthfull
FairwagonsRus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #36
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

I rang Shannons before I got my XR8 to ask for a quote, and I ended up copping twenty questions from an arrogant and rude guy who refused me because I wasn't employed in the automotive industry.

I'll never approach Shannons ever again, and god help the Shannons rep who ever approaches me at a car show etc to ask me if Id be interested.

I've been with RACV the whole time Ive owned cars and never had any dramas with them, when my first car got rear ended and written off they were helpful and quick. No BS, they just got me my payout asap.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #37
LTDHO
The one and only

I was on the phone to Shannons yesterday to modify my policy, they had my XR listed as a 6 not an 8. Changed it no prob's, due the error there is no increase in premuim.

Oh, they didn't ask what industry I was in...
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #38
GUTLES
Adam.

I'm with Shannons at the moment, used to be with QBE & CGU with previous cars, only had a couple of Claims when I was with CGU from People backing into my car & they we're great.

Workmate had his Navara stolen from work 6 weeks ago, he was insured with RACV & is having alot of trouble getting it sorted. They we're all happy about paying it out until it was found on day 10 - which is the day they we're paying it out if not found. The car was burnt out with the Engine missing, his had to answer so many questions about it & an assessor is coming out next Wednesday for a 2 hour recorded interview. They want a heap of information from him - When did he purchase the Vehicle, When was it parked there? Did anyone see him park it there? He needs a receipt from when he brought the car, How many Spare Keys was there? Has it been for sale? Who was the Police Officer who he contacted when he noticed it missing? Who came to inspect the Crime Scene? Who was the Officer who found the Vehicle & where was it found exactly?

We even have CCTV of it being stolen but even thats not helping!!

So just a warning for everyone, keep your insurance details up to date & if your car's stolen pray its not found burnt out because you become a Suspect because some dodgy people have wrecked it for us legit customers.

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #39
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTLES
I'm with Shannons at the moment, used to be with QBE & CGU with previous cars, only had a couple of Claims when I was with CGU from People backing into my car & they we're great.

Workmate had his Navara stolen from work 6 weeks ago, he was insured with RACV & is having alot of trouble getting it sorted. They we're all happy about paying it out until it was found on day 10 - which is the day they we're paying it out if not found. The car was burnt out with the Engine missing, his had to answer so many questions about it & an assessor is coming out next Wednesday for a 2 hour recorded interview. They want a heap of information from him - When did he purchase the Vehicle, When was it parked there? Did anyone see him park it there? He needs a receipt from when he brought the car, How many Spare Keys was there? Has it been for sale? Who was the Police Officer who he contacted when he noticed it missing? Who came to inspect the Crime Scene? Who was the Officer who found the Vehicle & where was it found exactly?

We even have CCTV of it being stolen but even thats not helping!!

So just a warning for everyone, keep your insurance details up to date & if your car's stolen pray its not found burnt out because you become a Suspect because some dodgy people have wrecked it for us legit customers.
My Dad's Going through this same crap atm .... His BMW 5series 1999 got stolen. I dont understand how they managed to steal such a car.
I called the ombudsman and they advise its a standard procedure

Last edited by divine_afg; 30-10-2009 at 11:58 AM.
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #40
LTDHO
The one and only

Thanks to all those out there that make an income on insurance fraud, we have you to thank for delaying the honest law abiding people who have a ligitiment claim...
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 30-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #41
Outback
Banned

i don't have insurance on my car im just a careful drive.
Outback is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #42
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

your gamer than I then Outback

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #43
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_afg
My Dad's Going through this same crap atm .... His BMW 5series 1999 got stolen. I dont understand how they managed to steal such a car.
I called the ombudsman and they advise its a standard procedure
i wont go into detail but BMW's of this erra could have all the doors unlocked with one tap with a small hammer in if you know where to tap.
Old 30-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #44
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
i wont go into detail but BMW's of this erra could have all the doors unlocked with one tap with a small hammer in if you know where to tap.
Thanks for the info - Im really suprised... I thought they done something like the gone in 60 seconds lol.

I googled and came across this website with post about exact model as my dads was stolen and the owner never found out how could it have possibly happened and BMW wouldn't comment on it either.

Your post makes sense as to why they didn't comment. Givin how these cars are touted it proves that there is always ways around things.

Another point to note is that there are "proffesional" groups who do it.
few years back my mates RX7 was stolen from his Driveway. Found stripped and dump. Same thing happened to BMW

Watch out everyone
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #45
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

I'm with the RACV, got invovled in an accident, which I wasen't at fault but the car was a write off, I told my story to them and gave the details of the other driver then they took care of everything and within 5 days I got myself the cheque ;)

The funny thing was they forgot to collect the wrecked car from my place, in the end I had to call them.
JTFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #46
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback
i don't have insurance on my car im just a careful drive.
I have two words for people like you and they would both get be banned from this forum.
Old 30-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #47
Krytox
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I have two words for people like you and they would both get be banned from this forum.
Wit isn't a swear word!
Old 31-10-2009, 04:08 AM   #48
mustang70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Im 50/50 with shannons at the moment, ill see what happens in a couple of weeks but I am not happy at the moment.

Not good when you pick up your car worse off than when you dropped it off. I guess its not really shannons fault thus far its been their "preferred" repairer.

My experience also, and my repair dragged on for over a year using their 'preferred repairer'. After some time they tried to claim I suggested the repairer,despite me never having heard of them before. Shocking service and VERY expensive compared to my current insurer,LSV.
LSV have my XY wagon insured as 'laid up' for something silly like only $40 a year. The mustang is around a quarter of what I was paying with Shannons.
What are they like for a claim? don't know but couldnt be worse than Shannons.

Others seem to have luck with them, I will never give them another go

Work car is with AAMI, half the price of all other quotes
mustang70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2009, 08:39 AM   #49
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Yep, I've got the XY insured through LSV (Vigil) for 35g. He seen the photos and said wow nice car mate I reckon at least 35g. Thinking about it I should bump it up to 40-45g as that was about 2-3years ago now. Have always been good to deal with but never had to claim anything so don't know in that respect. I have one free windscreen a year up to $700 i think and choice of repairer, if written off I get the wreck sort of thing. It is insured as said for 35g, limited used (8000km's or less a year), with the usual kill switch and garaged. I'm 24 and just paid it again $232. lol. I am 25 for over half of that though. But last year at 23 it was only about $300.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #50
MrsM

just want to add something here. as soon as I knew I was going to buy my terry I called my insurance company (aami) to organise insurance for me. I was a bit surprised when aami valued my car at $23,600 - it seemed a bit low (esp since I know I couldnt replace it in VIC for under $28). I asked a few questions and discovered that aamis list of standard features was missing a few things. I bought an 05 sy ts awd and aami didnt have the reverse sensors listed as a feature. I told them my car had them but they have a value of $0 until I call them back and tell them how much RS's cost. Ditto the nudge bar thats fitted - that is listed on my insurance policy but has a $0 value until I tell them how much its worth.

I'd advise everyone to double check exactly what their insurance companies THINK your car has and make sure it has the correct value attached.

come to think of it, this could possibly explain why aami charge $697 a year for insurance while the racv wanted $900. maybe racv have the proper list of my cars features.
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post