Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 01-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
dustint89
Starter Motor

Default speaker wiring help

I have an LS 2006 Focus,
I'm wanting to install 6x9" on the parcel shelf.
Is it simple to wire up to the rear door speakers or would it be easier to connect it to the head unit itself.
Is it a simple installation? or do i need to get a professional to rewire it all up?

I have no idea how the wiring in the car is atm, it's all just stock standard including the head unit.

I don't really want to add anything else (amp) besides a detachable cable connector to the 6x9" so i can remove the parcel shelf easily.

Thanks in advance.

dustint89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustint89
I have an LS 2006 Focus,
I'm wanting to install 6x9" on the parcel shelf.
Is it simple to wire up to the rear door speakers or would it be easier to connect it to the head unit itself.
Is it a simple installation? or do i need to get a professional to rewire it all up?

I have no idea how the wiring in the car is atm, it's all just stock standard including the head unit.

I don't really want to add anything else (amp) besides a detachable cable connector to the 6x9" so i can remove the parcel shelf easily.

Thanks in advance.
Usually its best to use 1 peice of cable from the head unit, as this will give you the best possible quality. In saying that, I have no idea how the cables are run, or how much of a difference the cable would make still using the stock stereo.

What speakers you using?
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
dustint89
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by casabonka
Usually its best to use 1 peice of cable from the head unit, as this will give you the best possible quality. In saying that, I have no idea how the cables are run, or how much of a difference the cable would make still using the stock stereo.

What speakers you using?

at the moment, everything is stock.. i was reading the forum and am now wondering whether it is easy to replace the 6.5" speakers in the doors with better ones..
dustint89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 10:15 PM   #4
casabonka
You can call me Chris

I would imagine its a lot less screwing around. Im thinking along the same lines - dont wanna change the head unit, but wouldn't mind changing the speakers.
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #5
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

IMHO you're better off replacing the speakers in the door with better ones. Speakers in a Focus parcel shelf can come loose and belt you in the back of the head in an accident....the parcel shelf is only cardboard basically.

In saying that, when you replace your speakers, make sure the relatively low output from the head unit is strong enough to drive them.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
pcdougie
Da_Focus

On a related note, does anyone know hoe to remove the door panels on a 2006 CL Focus?
pcdougie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
pcdougie
Da_Focus

Default Changing Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by casabonka
I would imagine its a lot less screwing around. Im thinking along the same lines - dont wanna change the head unit, but wouldn't mind changing the speakers.
Hey Chris
Did you work out how to get the door panels off to change the speakers? I want to do the same with my 06 Focus
Paul
Old 20-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #8
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Guys, hopefully you can follow this -

First - find the screws along the bottom edge that hold the door panel on.
Unscrew them. Rear doors have 2, fronts have 3.

Inside the door "latch" area is a plastic panel. Pop this out. Behind this is a TORX screw.

This next bit is hard to do without scratching your window up/down plate. Maybe use
a butter knife with tape on it. Pop this upwards. The cables connected easily fall off,
so take care doing that also. There is another TORX screw behind there.

The door "handle" is made up of two parts. you should be able to pull off the face
pretty easily. This will expose other TORX screws. I think the front has 3, the rear has 2.

There are two plastic covers just above the top of the window sills. These pop off.

With all the TORX removed - the door panel should easily pop off. You'll need to pop
it "out" towards you, then up to get it off the window sill lip at the top.

The door panel will still be connected to the door via. the cable from the "latch".
You can leave it all in place, but the door panel will only be able to be moved a small amount.
Better to disconnect this, and place the door covers in the back for safe keeping.

Hope this helps?
Old 20-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
pcdougie
Da_Focus

Hi Folks
At the risk of appearing stupid, I can't find any screws on my door panels - it's all just plastic!
Do I need to lever the plastic out a little bit to see the screws?
Thanks
:
Old 23-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #10
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

... and here was I think maaan this guy must be stupid....

I re-read the initial thread, and noticed 2006 model.

I am so sorry guys, this is for the earlier models.

I'm going to change my door handles shortly, so I will do a how to whenh I work
it out for the 2006 + models. Again, sorry for any confusion!
Old 24-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #11
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys, look here.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...35#post3158535