Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-09-2005, 07:08 PM   #61
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
Might have to put him on my avoid on road list lol.
Put EB_GT on there as well, he's cruising around at the moment in a 351 XE just on a permit(no rego and insurance).

These are quotes from another thread. And yes I am will continue to shame him out until he does something about it.

Originally Posted by EB_GT
reason I wanted twin 3inch was because I like a noisy V8;..I drive like a nutter

Quote:
I know a permit is for taking your car to a mechanic, etc...but I dont really care!....

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 07:19 PM   #62
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSWXA
Put EB_GT on there as well, he's cruising around at the moment in a 351 XE just on a permit(no rego and insurance).

These are quotes from another thread. And yes I am will continue to shame him out until he does something about it.

reason I wanted twin 3inch was because I like a noisy V8;..I drive like a nutter

Quote:
I know a permit is for taking your car to a mechanic, etc...but I dont really care!....

What you may be unaware of is that a permit (QLD) allows you a SINGLE trip from home to the saftey certificate place then directly to The Dept of Transport. It means you cannot go from home to the shops, then the mechanic, then somewhere else, it means NO DEVIATIONS from the journey the permit is intended for.
Old 18-09-2005, 07:21 PM   #63
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I'm 22, with Young & Cool (sounds like a joke I know, but they're underwritten by Lloyds of London)
I pay $1411 a year on a 60% NCB, for my 2003 BA XR6.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #64
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
What you may be unaware of is that a permit (QLD) allows you a SINGLE trip from home to the saftey certificate place then directly to The Dept of Transport. It means you cannot go from home to the shops, then the mechanic, then somewhere else, it means NO DEVIATIONS from the journey the permit is intended for.
Yes I know that, you even have to map out your route you are taking and tell the transport dept every street you will be on. Not sure of VIC's rules but I am pretty sure they would be similar. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong and I will happily say sorry to EB_GT. If I am right I stand my ground.

Thread if you want to view it. http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21061

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #65
Psycho Chicken
Banned

In Vic you have to follow the most direct route to whereever you're getting the work done. Don't have to tell Vic roads where or when you're going though.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:30 AM   #66
Dutchess

I was thinking 3rd party is the way to go ! Its a hell of a lot cheaper, but then again if its my fault, or it looks like its my fault ! or even if it isnt my fault but it just cant be proven any other way then ill have to pay all damages anyway!

Argggg well it must be better to get the comprehensive insurance .. as much as it pains me to spend money! lol
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:33 AM   #67
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$990 PA (Comprehensive for 03 BA Falcon XR6)

(Rating 1, RACQ, 23y/o Male & 20y/o Female on the cover)

Then again, that's cause I'm a Rating 1 under RACQ - same insurance for us under Just Car Insurance was around $2000!!

Can't wait till I'm over 25 and my wife is over 21 - our premiums should drop heaps... (and we can afford to get turbo / v8 and no worry about insurance!)
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 06:13 PM   #68
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSWXA

Quote:
Reading those quotes he's on the top of the list.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 09:13 PM   #69
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Noise
Geeez, a touchy subject for me here. When I was 19 (1988) my pride and joy was rear ended by an uninsured driver. I couldn’t afford to fix it and I could only afford third party property, fire and theft. So the end result was, I had to drive my immaculate HJ around for three years with the **** end smashed in.

CRUIZIN EB, my advice to you (you don’t have to take it) is , if you can’t afford at the very least, third party property - fire and theft, then you can’t afford to drive. Leave the car at home.

What would you do if you rear ended this?

Cheers, Danny

My first car i had was an XY fairmont i had my licence just over a year and had an accident (GUESS WHAT I HIT) a Merc ,a commodore and a datsun .Third party insurance saved my asss ,as i was an apprentice and didnt have the $40 000 to repair the other cars

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 11:27 PM   #70
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im not sure about mine =/ ill need to ask dad when he gets back but atm its about $658 for a 2d, hatchback fiesta lx
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 09:41 PM   #71
BroncosXR8
Soldier on

Mate I must be getting ripped off something bad!
I'm 22 the wife 21, paying $2800 pa with Just Cars on an EL XR8 Series II
with all mods listed ($8500).
1st car insurance me or the missus has had so were on a rating 6.
I'm "almost" thinking of selling the thing, cant afford this on a soldiers wage.
BroncosXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post