Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #121
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FG2 ,,Coyote in XT, G6, G6E. Luxury and a Sportswagon available with I6 and Coyote... I can dream and live in hope.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #122
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

With regards to a Falcon hatch, while it may not look any good next to a Falcon sedan, Id sooner have a ~300kw RWD hatch than a Mazda 3.

If the missus wanted us to have a hatch and I wanted something not overly homosexual, a V8 or I6T Falcon hatch would be perfect.

Something to think about.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #123
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is actually genius. Problem : Want Falcon sedan and ute, but yearn for more nimble and compact dimensions for parking and handling. Also less weight and better fuel consumption. Drive 90% of time by myself in city so 3 door is preferred.
Problem is, most hatches are girly and weak. A Falcon or Commodore with a shorntered wheelbase, just like that blue one on the page before ( any chance of 3 door chop) would basically be my ideal car, RWD hatch with Fiesta proportions, but width and muscle of Aussie car.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #124
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

You want what you can't have. If ford had the $$$ to research and develop all this, then, maybe, but they aren't exactly swimming in coin right now.
Realistically, you could have a V8 option in every model, but why? There's a reason they discontinued it and that's because it sold stuff all units.
Why produce if you can't sell?
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #125
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 388cube_edxr8
With regards to a Falcon hatch, while it may not look any good next to a Falcon sedan, Id sooner have a ~300kw RWD hatch than a Mazda 3.

If the missus wanted us to have a hatch and I wanted something not overly homosexual, a V8 or I6T Falcon hatch would be perfect.

Something to think about.
Focus XR5 Turbo (5 cylinders) not the least bit homo imho...

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 01:28 AM   #126
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Guys! R+D costs here.....would you like to foot the bill to engineer a 300+kw V8 or 6T into a hatch? The whole car would need to just about be designed from scratch, as using existing fiesta, focus or mondeo platforms won't work due to the floorpan(unless massive sheetmetal changes occur; I couldn't see them bothering either way), then they would need to pump it full of brakes and suspension to make it handle and stop, and price it conpetitively.
How many of these niche vehicles would they need to sell to offset the R+D costs?
Too many for it to be considered niche. It wouldn't sell too well anyway. Just not practical.
I hate being a downer but it's just reality. I'd love a superlight car with a 300+kw V8 and a blue oval badge, but it isn't happening..
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #127
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

If you do some hunting around, there is a mob that for ~$10K will fit a 302 Windsor into a Focus, RWD and all. Only catch is, you have to provide the Focus.

If Ford did something similar, for a similar price, I would buy one. Un crash tested, mechanical warranty only, built to order on a case-by-case basis, it might be feesable. Doesn't really fit in with how Ford (or any car manufacturer) operates, but should work in theory. If a workshop run by a bloke with a beard can do it, I'm sure Ford could, if they wanted to.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 01:55 AM   #128
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what Falcon needs to do first and foremost before anything else is

stay out of HOT 4 magazine!

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #129
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
You want what you can't have. If ford had the $$$ to research and develop all this, then, maybe, but they aren't exactly swimming in coin right now.
Realistically, you could have a V8 option in every model, but why? There's a reason they discontinued it and that's because it sold stuff all units.
Why produce if you can't sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Guys! R+D costs here.....would you like to foot the bill to engineer a 300+kw V8 or 6T into a hatch? The whole car would need to just about be designed from scratch, as using existing fiesta, focus or mondeo platforms won't work due to the floorpan(unless massive sheetmetal changes occur; I couldn't see them bothering either way), then they would need to pump it full of brakes and suspension to make it handle and stop, and price it conpetitively. How many of these niche vehicles would they need to sell to offset the R+D costs? Too many for it to be considered niche. It wouldn't sell too well anyway. Just not practical. I hate being a downer but it's just reality. I'd love a superlight car with a 300+kw V8 and a blue oval badge, but it isn't happening..
stop making sense!

ford make decisions based on facts and data, not emotions. emotions don't buy cars.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #130
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
what Falcon needs to do first and foremost before anything else is

stay out of HOT 4 magazine!
EcoBoost?
Old 10-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #131
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
stop making sense!

ford make decisions based on facts and data, not emotions. emotions don't buy cars.
Actually emotions do sell cars , but your right business decisions are made with the head and not the heart, most of the time.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #132
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 388cube_edxr8
If you do some hunting around, there is a mob that for ~$10K will fit a 302 Windsor into a Focus, RWD and all. Only catch is, you have to provide the Focus.

If Ford did something similar, for a similar price, I would buy one. Un crash tested, mechanical warranty only, built to order on a case-by-case basis, it might be feesable. Doesn't really fit in with how Ford (or any car manufacturer) operates, but should work in theory. If a workshop run by a bloke with a beard can do it, I'm sure Ford could, if they wanted to.
and handle like a sack of onions on mushies.....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post