Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
buggo
[BU66OS]

Default Just Something I've noticed...

Just thought I'd mention something I've noticed recently in the Forums.
It seems to be popping up in a few threads here and there lately. It is the little 'comments' and 'remarks' against other people cars and what they prefer etc.
For example, someone might say why one type of drivetrain is terrible, but someone else gets offended and rebuts by insulting their type of drive. This quickly escalates with everyone defending themselves by being derogotary against the other parties with everyone leaving questioning themselves, having acheived nothing and making themselves look a bit dumb.
This isn't against anyone personally, so don't think this is my sly way of talking to a particualr person, just a trend I'd rather not see continue.

This is supposed to be FordFoums, Ford being the key word. So let's not act like young rascal brother's and sister's and accept that a person like's their car just as much as you love yours. Just because it's different doesn't make it worse, but it's just that, different. Accept it. I'm sure no one like to have their decisions and reasonings questioned and cars insulted in a condescending manner. And I don't want to come here as a 3rd party and see my type of car put down, I love my car, it it doesn't feel nice.

So, can we all appreciate the fact that everyone is here to celebrate Fords, for the great cars that they are. And not come here and dismiss others because they drive a 'FoulCan' or have a 'Front drive P.o.s'.

Let's all get along and play nice.

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

with ya on that one. there seems to be a few (maybe newbies) lately sprouting off about how there `ricer`or other make of car is so good and fast and whatever
WHO CARES !!!. this is ford country , if you dont like it then feel free to jump on another forum where somebody "might" actually give a rats (remember to set brain function to 1 (of 10).
Old 30-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickxr8
with ya on that one. there seems to be a few (maybe newbies) lately sprouting off about how there `ricer`or other make of car is so good and fast and whatever
WHO CARES !!!. this is ford country , if you dont like it then feel free to jump on another forum where somebody "might" actually give a rats (remember to set brain function to 1 (of 10).
There is a whole lot of lol in this quote in regards to what the opening post is about.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo_gt
Just thought I'd mention something I've noticed recently in the Forums.
It seems to be popping up in a few threads here and there lately. It is the little 'comments' and 'remarks' against other people cars and what they prefer etc.
For example, someone might say why one type of drivetrain is terrible, but someone else gets offended and rebuts by insulting their type of drive. This quickly escalates with everyone defending themselves by being derogotary against the other parties with everyone leaving questioning themselves, having acheived nothing and making themselves look a bit dumb.
This isn't against anyone personally, so don't think this is my sly way of talking to a particualr person, just a trend I'd rather not see continue.

This is supposed to be FordFoums, Ford being the key word. So let's not act like young rascal brother's and sister's and accept that a person like's their car just as much as you love yours. Just because it's different doesn't make it worse, but it's just that, different. Accept it. I'm sure no one like to have their decisions and reasonings questioned and cars insulted in a condescending manner. And I don't want to come here as a 3rd party and see my type of car put down, I love my car, it it doesn't feel nice.

So, can we all appreciate the fact that everyone is here to celebrate Fords, for the great cars that they are. And not come here and dismiss others because they drive a 'FoulCan' or have a 'Front drive P.o.s'.

Let's all get along and play nice.
This is true, all cars are quite good, well except for white 2004 XR6s, they are utter crap....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 12:13 AM   #5
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Play nice Flappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It would be pretty boring if we all just got along and kissed each others a****. Debate is good, debate is even better if people know what they're talking about, if it's not vindictive or becoming personal, let it evolve.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 01:12 AM   #7
3vXT

I haven't noticed that as much as the children coming up with funny alternative names for different things (though its been done forever).

Commonwhore's etc... (i'm not going to post a list)

Its not funny or clever. It makes them look like they are eight years old. Actually the only place i've heard people doing this other than here is at school, 20 years ago, when I was a child. Fair enough if you don't like commodores or speed cameras or whatever else, but try to act like an adult about it. If the best you can do is call them names then you need to give up.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #8
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
I haven't noticed that as much as the children coming up with funny alternative names for different things (though its been done forever).

Commonwhore's etc... (i'm not going to post a list)

Its not funny or clever. It makes them look like they are eight years old. Actually the only place i've heard people doing this other than here is at school, 20 years ago, when I was a child. Fair enough if you don't like commodores or speed cameras or whatever else, but try to act like an adult about it. If the best you can do is call them names then you need to give up.
Na uhhh, you are!!!
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 01:44 AM   #9
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Harden up people, it is a people's forum!

duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 05:42 AM   #10
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR
There is a whole lot of lol in this quote in regards to what the opening post is about.
i too found it rather ironic that the first reply was a 'case in point'!
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 07:31 AM   #11
dave289
Banned

Funny thing is you mention au in any bad way and all of a sudden your threatened with a ban and told no au bashing (CONSTANTLY). Mention any other model the same way and no one seems to care. The fact is some people cant get behond this (What does that say). Someone mentiones my car in a bad way and I dont carry on like a d***head. thats what shits me, au owners who cant cry au basher quick enough. I ,ll probably get threatened with a ban now ,the only reason I may not is because anybody who now said anything to me would look one of those whingers, even though I have not said anything bad about them (infact I could point to posts where I have praised them ) . The bottom line is I have no problem if someone has a problem with my cars, I dont take it to heart, and either should others, man up instead of crying like a baby I say.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #12
dave289
Banned

sorry double post
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #13
b055m4n

buggo gt and onfire, well put fooorrdd forums brothers so be nice.
b055m4n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #14
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Then add all the other childish arguing on here where people seem to not be able to grasp that others have a different opinion to theirs. But you get that with children.
Old 31-10-2010, 10:12 AM   #15
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

So would you like us to all drive white BA XR6's?
Seriously, if everyone drove the same car and all had the same opinion then AFF would live a very boring existance, yeah people opinions clash that is part of life, you what they say about opinions they are like........ everyones got one.
Old 31-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #16
XlR8TED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
you what they say about opinions they are like........ everyones got one.
..and they all stink.
XlR8TED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #17
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Depends on who you know too.
Old 31-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #18
buggo
[BU66OS]

Hang on I don't think my point came across clear enough.
Don't get me wrong, debate and conflicting views is what all conversation is about. If everyone agreed then everything would be boring as hell.
What I'm getting at though is when one person takes offence to a comment, then retaliates, then all hell breaks loose with people and their cars being personally attacked.
So, I don't mind someone saying 'I don't like this type of whatever', but when it get's the thread right off topic and in some cases closed, it's not fun for anyone, and what could have been a good informative thread with ideas of both perspectives being talked about rationally, turns into a display of the hostility and angst of some people.

Just remember, your opinion- with reasons to say why you think=good.
bagging someone, when not called for or just because they think differently=not good.

edit: o and white 2004 XR6's are the only car worth having, why anyone has anything else I have no clue :P

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #19
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XW 393
Depends on who you know too.

Not sure what you mean by that.
Old 31-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #20
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I too have noticed this recent phenomenon and is one of the reasons I am not as active on the forums as I would like to be. In the early days of FF this happened but was no where near as common. Moderators were able to engage in threads more but now they work overtime to monitor them and are also quick to close them before the natural course can take place. Not a complaint more of an observation.

I put it down to a number of people now becoming internet heroes http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...nternet%20Hero I actually liken it to driving on the road where there is a level of anonymity or a safety barrier where people can behave in an activity they may not in a face to face environment. It's sad but after a while you actually start to build up a filter, I can actually read through a forum now and realize straight away who the trolls are and who the genuine contributors are.
Old 31-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #21
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The problem i see is once in a while someone mite get a winner in a bad model
Although its great that the masses fail on these models sometimes a goodie escapes the masses

Seriously the issue with forums or life in general is we cant agree on all things
Some mite say XYs are rubbish and some mite swear by them
Some mite say the EAs are the bees knees and others will disagree
The general consensus is those who carry on like children and whinge about this and that,
Cant get of their back side and PROOVE other wise
Im over people saying how easy this and that is,but cant back up their big mouth
OR
Those that bag out others with this n that,but cant back it up
Seriously if you cant back up your comments with actual proof or knowledge ,go away
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #22
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
Some mite say the EAs are the bees knees ...

Last edited by fmc351; 31-10-2010 at 11:26 PM.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post