Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Could we gain access to OEM OBD2 soon?

Looks like the 'Right to Repair' compaign that has been gaining ground in the US has an equivalent version in Australia, and we may be close to a decision soon. It's the first I've heard of it, but it's good to hear nonetheless.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...25788E0027CABA

I've done quite a bit of reverse engineering myself on the CAN and ISO buses of the BA Falcon and SX Territory (cuz that's what's parked in my driveway), and believe me, they don't make that stuff easy to get to.

Lukeyson

Old 12-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Could we gain access to OEM OBD2 soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
Looks like the 'Right to Repair' compaign that has been gaining ground in the US has an equivalent version in Australia, and we may be close to a decision soon. It's the first I've heard of it, but it's good to hear nonetheless.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...25788E0027CABA

I've done quite a bit of reverse engineering myself on the CAN and ISO buses of the BA Falcon and SX Territory (cuz that's what's parked in my driveway), and believe me, they don't make that stuff easy to get to.

Lukeyson
That's the biggest hold up with performance mods on the Ecoboost V6,
the encryption of Ford's newer products is extremely hard to crack.

Still new low restriction cats and exhausts have given the Ecoboost F150 a significant lift
in horsepower at the back wheels, the modded big truck pulled a 14.9 quarter recently
in the states with no break in of the engine or computer.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post