Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #31
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Re: ****ing Telstra

The TIO is definitely the way to go.
Old 17-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #32
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

flappist, i don't care if they were a dealer or not. the issues i had after agreeing to the terms explained to me (i had to make a recorded statement agreeing to the "facts") were all from telstra. apart from the fact the 10 day cooling off period was part of the contract, i was passed from dept. to dept. and as i said, they still tried to bill me for 4 months. at one stage i was on the phone to the customer service person who told me she was making notes in the system as we spoke. the very next time i rang, no such notes were in the system at all. i kept the names and dept. of everyone i spoke to so i could reference back and i also asked for each call to be recorded.

anyway, it's in the past now and that along with issues previously when building my home and other issues with mobile phones in the past all keep me anti-telstra... ever since it was sold off, it's gone to the dogs...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #33
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Just so it is clear to all.

Telstra Business and Bigpond are completely different groups and actually compete against each other (like Ford and FPV or Holden and HSV).

Bigpond is aimed at Private/SOHO with a service level to suit.
Telstra Business is commercial with a much higher service level.
Outside the major cities almost everything is Telstra Wholesale with someone else billing you.
That sounds about right, TEG is currently miles ahead of TB but they also have a much smaller customer base so it's not really a fair fight.

The CVA scores are improving according to Telstra's stats but the stories I'm reading here don't sound good at all.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #34
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by weairy
Accounts or Tech Support? I've always thought these 2Wire modems were rubbish.
Tech. If you do ring them, make sure you stress you are not paying for the new modem as it's an issue with their equipment, not yours, they tried to charge us for ours at first...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #35
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Default Re: Telstra

Use Telstra 3G on iPad, read that 4G in some city locations is even much faster! (Current iPhones to 4S can't use 4G).

Fixed Net; was with Internode for years, but with ClubTelco now, pay $30 for 10gig at one address (you can buy data blocks if needed, cheap) and $50 unlimited. Each plan to fastest ADSL2 speed available.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #36
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Just on a point with fixed net...

If you cannot get ADSL (which I cannot, tried through three different mobs), the ONLY choice I had was Cable Bigpond, which is the SAME price per month as ADSL2, but with better speeds.

However if you only wanted cable Bigpond, be prepared to shell out $300 to the guy who installs it for you.
Old 18-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #37
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks like my area will get NBN next year. was recently announced during a visit by PM Gillard. i'll hang out for that...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #38
Rapid05xr6
Formerly wheelyking4x4x4

we started out with telstra and had nothing but problems, 4 years we switched to tpg, and haven't had a problem since, a month ago i upgraded to adsl2+ off net, 200gb a month for $60
Rapid05xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #39
scorpio39

[U] Telstra never appear to learn !!!
I feel sorry for those people where Telstra is their only option.
They do this by providing the sole infastructure in the new estates.
Where there is an option, most people avoid them.
IMO, they have the second worst corporate image in Australia.
scorpio39 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #40
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We live in country area where Telstra is only option. January last mob ph dird so into Pt Linc telstra shop and explain what I want.
2 mob phones, hard wired into 2 vehicles, external ariels and hands free kit.
Put one on plan bought the other. Trouble started when ph they offered and supplied had no hard wired kit

Lond story Ombudsman gets on side finally Telstra ordered to supply 2 other phones both free plus ALL extras for van and truck fitting plus labor for fitting, cancellation of plan contract, Telstra to pay 2 months estimated loss of business ( Joke regular clients/farmers who mostly ph me at night anyway) plus refund or credit of $1800. Bonus !

When under business plan if you have any problems or faults when at first 'in a few words .........' say 'cancellation" its amazing how quickly you are speaking to (for me anyway) nice aussie voice in Adelaide or Hobart.