Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #31
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 
Default Re: Work Wanted!! SE QLD Areas

thanks for the kind words guys, appreciate it.

I scored another weighbridge job reasonably close to home in Acacia Ridge, so its not the big $$ FIFO one in darwin but its still a job and its all i care about at this point in time.... good to feel useful again too after being off for so long and back to weekly pay is going to be a godsend!

Ive settled into the new job really quickly, especially the weighbridge side, altho its a different computer system its similar to the ones ive used in the past so ive picked that part up in no time, its just learning all the other parts of the business/products/staff etc but i only started on thursday 12/4/12 and after the 2 days was already getting really good reports from everyone training me so its good being told already im doing a good job.

As for uni, unfortunatly its not looking to good right now :( .... im not failing by any means, passed all my assignments in easy 85+% marks but ive fallen drastically behind due to holidays over easter when my daughter was up here and now with the hours with work plus there is more going on in my personal life that i cant disclose just yet so after discussing it in detail with my partner, lecturers and SRO at uni, looks like my best option is to drop and look at restarting it again next year when things settle down again. Now i know what im in for i think i can come back to it a bit better prepared also.... i dont like quitting anything and dont like letting things beat me, but priorities are priorities so just gotta do what i have to do.

But thanks again to everyone for the PM's and kind messages and support during this time, really means a lot so thankyou once again.

cheers
Dave MR460

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #32
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Work Wanted!! SE QLD Areas

I had a mate that was into parachuting. He always said that the second jump was the hardest as you know what's coming. I suppose that is a roundabout way of saying to think long and hard about deferring uni. Lot's of people don't ever go back as they know the hard slog ahead.

If you can manage it then stay enrolled, even if you drop your course load down to the minimum.