Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 26-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
fishmark
Starter Motor

Default MB Petrol Mondeo Intermitent Issues

Hi all
Have a 2010 MB Mondeo that now has 110ks' on it, It died back in June and had the fuel pump replaced all has been good until last week, the car drives normally from a to b with no problems but then all of a sudden the car will not start the motor will crank and fire but will not continue to run almost as if it's starving for fuel. It has now happened 4 times in the last week and just cost me $440 to get it home on the back of a tilt tray when it refused to play game some 150kms away. problem is the car can be as dead as but obviously the motion on the back of a tilt tray jiggles something back into place and everything is good again. Ford have been over this car every time it has happened and there customer service has been excellent keeping me informed all the way. But because it always arrives alive it makes it near impossible to fault does anyone have any ideas or had a similar fault???

fishmark is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
byrnzy
Starter Motor

Default Re: MB Petrol Mondeo Intermitent Issues

Fishmark,

I have a MA 2007 and it did something very similar to that about 18 months ago. The car would start, and then just stall. However, most times the car would then fire on next attempt without any issues. I had NRMA come out and replace the battery. They tested the battery and it past with flying colours, but i got it replaced anyway. The problem has not returned since that day. I hope that helps a little.
byrnzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Batman105E

I would be looking for water in the fuel, or partially blocked fuel filter or similar.

I wouldn't rule out the battery problem though.
Batman105E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i`m with Batman 105e, i would be replacing the fuel filter whether it`s due or not and checking contents of the old one, i would also try getting fuel at a different servo for a while, myself i usually stay away from small back water servo`s, i think in some cases it takes a while to empty their tanks and a bit of condensation gets into them, so what can happen is you can suck up a bit of water.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post