Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-12-2005, 12:08 AM   #1
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default not so good vibrations

hi guys, went on a bit of a crusie with a car load of mates last night down to torquay for the night, and noticed that there is a bad vibration coming from, my guess anyway, the drive train. but it only seems to be there between 40-60km/h. anything above and below it seems fine. it just seemed to get worse the more i drove it. the steering wheel vibrates in my hands and my pasangers felt it under the seat. i am getting pretty worried and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it? the only problem with my car that i know of at the moment is a wheeping power steering rack. any help would be great.

ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 12:12 AM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Just a guess but if the drive shaft has dropped one of the balancing weights it could very easily cause this sort of "through the bum" vibration.
If its really coming through the steering wheel though then get the front wheels balanced again, could have thrown a weight on one of them too.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 12:25 AM   #3
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check ya nuts - wheel nuts that is
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 01:19 AM   #4
xr8ute
Back on the road

If your steering wheel vibrates along with it, it is probably something in your front suspension. Maybe a buggered balljoint?

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 08:40 PM   #5
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So, I took the car for a spin round the block yesterday morning before checking anything, and it seems that the shuddering had faded a fair bit. It is hardly noticeable now. I decided to check the wheel nuts anyway, and that seemed to make a bit of a difference, but enough for me to be convinced that it was the whole problem. I was thinking about it, and when it was most noticeable, I had a car load of passengers, and a boot full of our luggage. It was also over 30 degrees out and I had the air conditioning going most of the time. So I have just put it down to being too much load for the car to handle. I think I will get the trans and driveline checked when I next get a chance too. Thanks for the advice guys.
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post