Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #1
Syk0AU1

Default Interior

hey, are there any places that can redo the interior of the car? im talking everything.. the other option is i could probably do some of the work myself by finding a wrecked AU and ripping out some of the parts, any good wreckers with AU's lying around localy around melbourne?

Old 25-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #2
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what did you want to redo the interior to? black?
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2005, 09:20 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Try FTG Auto Salvage - click on sponsor logo at the top of the page.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2005, 10:17 PM   #4
romaniac
holla at cha boy

auto image thomastown
cvo thomastown

thats for custom work though
romaniac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2005, 11:02 PM   #5
Syk0AU1

yup i wunna redo the interior and make it black if possible, i have the greyish one in my S1 AU. its such a nice car but i feel the interior inside is letting it down as it ages, the now fluffy carpet, lil chips n scratches on the console, i would want all to be replaced. Now i could sell it off and buy another AU but ill never get another AU like this. Custom im not really lookin to do, just replace it with a newer interior if foundd
Old 26-12-2005, 01:38 AM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

contact sfr_rob, he had a full black interior for sale not so long ago.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 28-12-2005, 05:35 PM   #7
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

or the low budget version is to do what im doin, buy a boxload of vinyl spray and give ya best mate whos a panel beater a carton n do it yourselves. I figure if 17yr olds etc can do it, then ive gotta be able to
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #8
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayner22
or the low budget version is to do what im doin, buy a boxload of vinyl spray and give ya best mate whos a panel beater a carton n do it yourselves. I figure if 17yr olds etc can do it, then ive gotta be able to
The low budget version works fo me - but the smell takes ages to go away. Just make sure you wash everything thoroughly with soapy water, and then rinse with clean water and towel dry. Any dirty/greasy/sweaty spots will not hold the paint/dye properly.

I am thinking of doing this to the wagon - going dark grey or black for the doors, leaving my inserts blue or respraying them as well (still undecided) and spraying door handle/arm rest bit a contrasting colour - maybe even leave that bit light grey, as we do have a black/grey momo wheel, and I could then keep the centre console grey and it would still fit in.

The other option is to spray my blue vinyl bits and the door handles black, and leave the actual door trim grey.

Old 29-12-2005, 12:32 AM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I'd like to do the door cards in grey pleated leather (even just smooth would looks clean and neat) to match my MOMO Steering wheel.
Then do the door armrests in either black or dark grey suede (nice stitching) along with my centre console lid as well ... I'd say black though to match the rest of the interior.

I need to find a good auto-trimmer though near me ... having my car off the road for too long is not a good thing for me.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 03:06 AM   #10
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

simon have you seen LG's door trims? they look great with the greyish door inserts..
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 04:19 AM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Yeah ... that's what I was thinking of doing ... I'll need to find a decent autotrimmer though and get it done that way ... but I have the Ford part numbers for the other interior bits and pieces.

I just want a nice interior now .... as the ute is my 2nd office and I am in it for long periods of time.
Old 29-12-2005, 08:56 PM   #12
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

OK .... bits and pieces have been ordered for the ute from Ford ... hee hee.
Now the wait begins. Apparently the chrome button on the handbrake handle comes with the entire mechanism (ratchet and all ... strange) .... I'll find out when it arrives.