Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-12-2005, 06:45 PM   #1
antilooped

Default Smartshield enquiry!

Hey there

Can anyone answer these tough questions? Ive spoken to ford and my dealer today and they cant give me firm answers.

2001 Falcon xr6 Smartsheild system (with immobiliser)

1. How many points of immobilisation? (ford dealer said probably 3)
2. Are the factory remotes code hopping?
3. Is it a passive arming system?

As you may have guessed they are insurance related questions. Anyone that can help ill be forever grateful as no one can help me.

Also interested to hear from anyone whom has a upgrade/non upgrade alarm or immobiliser fitted to their Au's, and how they have it set up?

Thanks Alot
Best regards Shannon.

Ps. I hate insurers! Best friends taking your money, but bastards when you claim

Last edited by antilooped; 29-12-2005 at 06:52 PM.
antilooped is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 09:00 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Smartshield is not auto locking ... as far as I know ... but Smartshield is on when the car is turned to OFF and the key is removed.

As far as I know it's only a 2-point immobiliser.

I do not think the remotes are code hopping though ... but they can be retrained.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 10:23 PM   #3
antilooped

Thanks very much mate, this is such a headache, especially when ford cant even give me a straight answer! cheers again!
antilooped is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by antilooped
Thanks very much mate, this is such a headache, especially when ford cant even give me a straight answer! cheers again!
Send a PM to LG or JCXR8.

I had a few queries regarding smartlock/smartsheild and one of these guys put me right on to it. They are both very handy guys to have on the forum.

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post