Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-01-2006, 04:49 PM   #1
EA18
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default good insurance

does anyone know of an insurance company that has good full comprehensive cover for an 18 year old male????? thanx guys

EA18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 04:51 PM   #2
LTDHO
The one and only

Where are you and how modified is the car?

Both these the insurer will need to know and we need to know to give you advice!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #3
EA18
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

vic, 18" chrome rims, 2'5" sports exhaust, superlow king springs, tinted windows, alarm
Old 12-01-2006, 05:00 PM   #4
XRated
Shoot.

It's an EL Fairmont.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #5
MacGyver

I work in Insurance....Yeah I know, but it's only part time till I finish Uni. Anyway most insr would be ok with you as long as there's no extractors and the rims did not affect speedo reading. Bodykits are also frowned upon. If you live anywhere near metro expect big bucks to cover your car. Probably over $2500 for your basic premium, then take into account any NCD you may be able to get out of them. So if you were offered a 60% NCD you may get insr for say $1000.

cheers
Scott
MacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #6
MacGyver

As a guide I have EF futura with about $2000 worth of extras (listed on policy) and I have a 60% NCD, but I also have rental car option, Windscreen option (cost extra) I am over 25 and live in a rural area (good for low premiums). My premiums are $400 per year.

Just log onto Suncorp.com.au and get an online quote.
MacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 05:54 PM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

Is superlow still 100mm of the ground?

That and the wheels may be the only concern
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 12-01-2006, 06:07 PM   #8
EA18
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanx guys ive been ringin around and for full comp with all my extras im getiin around $2000 to $3000. its my age thats killing me as i am only 18 ah wel its good to be young lol.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #9
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

When i got my first insurance through racv they are pretty good!!! Your probably looking at $1000+ for full comp!!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #10
Bipolar
I'm back. Same car.

This is only heresay, but I've heard that if someone with a rating 1 is on your insurance as a driver, you will pay the rating 1 premium. Then supposedly after 1 year you can be the sole driver and continue with a rating 1.

If you want the cheapest insurance, I'd find an insurance broker. If you're trying to save as much $ as you can, make sure they get payed by the insurance companies for finding them a client, rather than you paying the fees for finding the insurance company.
Bipolar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 01:58 AM   #11
Obriza
Banned

My insurance was only $1522 at just car on a rating 5 straight off and i had all my mods in the premium too. But then the price also changes depending on how much you tell them you payed for it. I had only just turned 18 for it too.
Obriza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 08:48 AM   #12
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA18
thanx guys ive been ringin around and for full comp with all my extras im getiin around $2000 to $3000. its my age thats killing me as i am only 18 ah wel its good to be young lol.
If you are prepared to loose the wheels and adjust suspension to XR hight, this will save ya $$$$