Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #1
EDXR6T

Default ok Why wont it stay fixed:P

hi all

some of u might no ive been having some starting troubles over the last few weeks

n e way i found out that i had to reprogram the smart lock
i left the ingition for bout an hour then tryed kicking it over and SHE STARTED!!!!
now this is were it gets weird
i had it runing for about a min and a half then turned it off
wen i went to start it againg it wouldent kick :

i thought after u reprogramed it it will be all bk to norm
but i wont stick ive done the reprogram twice now and it keeps doing the same thing :

so if n e one nows y it wont remember the reprogram help us out

p.s ive change the ECU with a nother one (yes smart lock one)
and it didnt recall the door locks going off

chreers

EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 08:07 PM   #2
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that behaviour sounds like the anti-theft feature on smartlock equipped cars

if it doesnt recognise the key it will turn over and run for a few seconds/minutes then die, then it will run again, but shorter, then die, and I think either the 3rd or 4th time it will not start at all. This is due to the smartlock not recognising the key or detecting it as a fake. Is it the key that came with the car? it may be worth investigating a new ignition barrel or getting the transponder in the key checked.

but yeah, definately sounds like it thinks the key is fake/wrong. the behaviour you describe is exactly what is says in my AU's manual (same smartlock system)
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 08:24 PM   #3
EDXR6T

well it dosent die it stay's going untill u turn it off
yer the key's the same key that came with the car
iv unpluged the smartlock module in the past then reconected it ive bin told to let the car run for abut 15-20mins so the smartlock moduel can program its self proplly
thas wut im doing now
Old 28-01-2006, 09:10 PM   #4
EDXR6T

i just took her for a run its not stuck in third it goes thru the gears like norm
i dont no if it grabs fourth tho coz i dont wunu flog it to hard down a suburben street:P
it runs like it used too plennty of power good kick down gets off quik then i drove it bk i drove it bk in turned her off and i tryed turning it on again and still doin the same s#$@

help plz:(
Old 28-01-2006, 09:53 PM   #5
InitialD
Low and Loud

Is it possible that your smartlock BEM is damaged? Do you have another one you can try? did that taxi wreck have one?

Ive had 2 cars at work randomly "konk" out like this and both times the smartlock BEM has been defective. It wasnt storing the Keybarrel ID into the BEM. It might be a chance if you have another one as it doesnt take long to see ;)

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 11:56 PM   #6
EDXR6T

well ppl it is fixed

didnt connect both connsent bower wire's of loom togethr ther for smartlock was reseting every time i tured car off

thanks to mick (Initial D ) its all sorted
Old 29-01-2006, 12:29 AM   #7
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR6T
well ppl it is fixed

didnt connect both connsent bower wire's of loom togethr ther for smartlock was reseting every time i tured car off

thanks to mick (Initial D ) its all sorted
NP pat, I said we would work it out somehow :P Time to update that Text above your avitar ;)

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2006, 10:46 AM   #8
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it's always something simple,,it never hurts to check and double check.