Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 30-01-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
Simmo
White Lightning

Default had a little stuck rpm issue just now...

was driving along nicely, went to stop for some lights and the car felt odd. looked at the dash and it was happily doing 3000rpm while i tried to brake. i shoved the clutch in and let off the loud pedal and it just sat there at 3000. so i pulled over and turned it off. started her back up and its right back up to 3grand. i thought it was a stuck accel cable but when i opened the hood it was all fine. i could pull it free and it didnt feel like it was grabbing anywhere. started back up again and it's all fine, finished the last 400m to work quite carefully.

now, has anyone else had this happen and know what it is exactly. the throttle cable is prolly a year old now but i dont want this to happen in an emergency braking situation or anytime for that matter.

Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #2
efgiar
rofl copter

had that on my bros zk wen we changed the motor, it ended up being a stuck accel cable getting caught on vacuum lines.

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #3
Simmo
White Lightning

hrm, but the cables are covered in that black sheath. there is no sign on wear that i could see on the sheath. it definitely wasnt like how it got with the metal cable fraying out of the sheath. i would dearly love to chalk this one up to random shenanigans.
Old 30-01-2006, 12:37 PM   #4
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

could be the ISC stuck open. Not sure how hard they rev when that happens though
Perana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 03:15 PM   #5
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

get some WD40 and lube EVERYTHING...*

*yes, EVERYTHING.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 03:41 PM   #6
CRUIZINEA

this happend to me mate, it will keep doing it till it gets stuck permanently, it is the idle sensor thingy( not sure what its called) but yeah mine got stuck at 3000rpm, called out the raa and he diconected the wires and it releases itself and it went back to normal, it turned out to be ceaes, cost me 100 for new one, easy to do yourself
CRUIZINEA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #7
CRUIZINEA

sorry bout the spelling, it turned out to be ceased**
CRUIZINEA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 03:54 PM   #8
Simmo
White Lightning

well i have 2 of those isc units sitting in the garage at home. will grab them sometime this week and whack one on. thanks mate.
Old 30-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #9
NZ
~~~

no vac leaks anywhere?
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #10
Simmo
White Lightning

was stuck on the side of Ann St [busy a$$ road in the city] so i didnt really check much.
Old 30-01-2006, 10:20 PM   #11
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was going to say vacuum hose to the brake booster, plugs into the back of the inlet manifold. Check that out if changing the ISC fails.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post