Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
lou_focus
Starter Motor

Unhappy Unbelievable

I cant believe it, I was driving home from Dingley on the freeway yesterday evening from work, and all of a sudden a great big steel tray was flying into the front of my poor lil focus!

I was furious and upset when it happened as there was no way I could have stopped it from happening. I couldn't swerve to miss it as I was in the right hand lane & I would have hit someone if i swerved left, and went down an embankment if i swerved right. It had obviously fell off somebody's truck and they just left it there, now the front of my car is busted up!

If it had gone through my window, that would have been the end of me!
Why couldn't they have stopped and moved it from the freeway, even just thrown it onto the grass & left it there. im sure it would have hit a few other cars yesterday too. It just shows you how inconsiderate people are, and now I am out of pocket.

Do people ever think about others these days?

lou_focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
Aeron
DJR Fan

That sux mate. Much damage??

The other day i saw a car hit a big bird cage on the Great Western Highway. The car that hit it didnt look too good.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
lou_focus
Starter Motor

well it made a small break in the front bumper & broke the black rim, i am lucky it wasn't worse i suppose, if you look on the bright side haha, but hard to do that.
Old 31-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #4
Ringo
I see you....

What people don't think about it securing their load any more.....she'll be right mate!

NO IT WON'T.

It has happened to me lou focus except for me it was a sheet of plaster, the monash freeway and a semi trailer I was following. The vacuum the traliercreated sucked it up off the road and in front of my old EB ('cept it was old then). Bang - it exploded as I hit it.

Lost a headlight, blinker, driver side mirror plus needed a deeeeeeeep cut and polish to get the scratches out.

Steel is not cheap - i'm amazed someone lost it.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #5
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Think about others? Why the hell would you do that?

I hate people. I really do. I had to drive to Joondalup yesterday. Thats over an hours drive. And there were Idiots every where. Some guy was right up my *** for ages. I was considering gettin out and deckin him but you know, thatd be wrong. I just changed lanes and got away from him.

People cutting in and out, changing lanes with out looking. Grrrr.

I seriously must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday. So agro. But what made it worse was I had dads car. Brand new Mazda 3. I know its not a ford but it is so damn nice. If anything had happened to it I would have killed the ***** who did it and then myself!

God i hate people.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #6
lou_focus
Starter Motor

yeah its terrible how people act these days, and always in such a hurry to get where they are going! and then we seem like jerks when we get mad at them! wonder what they would do if something flew into their car?
Old 31-01-2006, 02:13 PM   #7
gozza

i had to charge over a pedestool fan on the highway sorry bout you experience man
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 02:38 PM   #8
BlackLS

My brother hit a concrete block at 110 the size of a microwave or small oven in his Pulsar SSS

Smashed the front right foglight, ripped apart the front bar, shredded the front right tyre and bucked the stock 14" rim. Bent the steering a bit as well.

If he didn't have his foglights on he would have hit it head on, so the whole motor would have been stuffed.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 02:53 PM   #9
lou_focus
Starter Motor

see, now the idiot that left that concrete block in the way doesnt have to pay for any damage, its all left up to the inoccent motorist that is trying to get somwhere safely! The problem is, it is just going to keep happening, and it makes you think, i wonder if kharma ever gets em back?
Old 31-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #10
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher
Think about others? Why the hell would you do that?

I hate people. I really do. I had to drive to Joondalup yesterday. Thats over an hours drive. And there were Idiots every where. Some guy was right up my *** for ages. I was considering gettin out and deckin him but you know, thatd be wrong. I just changed lanes and got away from him.

People cutting in and out, changing lanes with out looking. Grrrr.

I seriously must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday. So agro. But what made it worse was I had dads car. Brand new Mazda 3. I know its not a ford but it is so damn nice. If anything had happened to it I would have killed the ***** who did it and then myself!

God i hate people.
Mazda's are cool, and besides, Mazda is owned by Ford anyway. http:\\www.ford.com

Saw a truck lose a large steel girder on the M5, I swerved and missed it but the poor bloke behind me collected it head on. Completely wrote off his car and he had to go to hospital. Truck driver fled the scene but I waited with this poor fella until the ambo and fire brigade arrived and informed police of the rego. They arrested him. Should have shot him for being such a renegade deadsh1t.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 03:29 AM   #11
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Mazda's are cool, and besides, Mazda is owned by Ford anyway. http:\\www.ford.com
Yeah I remembered that after I had written it and couldnt be bothered hittin the edit button.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 03:59 AM   #12
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Know how you feel, had the same thing happen to me in 2004 on the M5. One of the 5 truck that was traveling in a group lost a empty palette of the back of their truck. The truck in front in the lane next to me than ran over it which then flip it up into the air & over into my lane. I hit the brakes but it still landed on the front of the Falcon cause a lot of damage. The truck don't even slow down let alone stop. The car then spent the next 3 weeks the panel shop as a result of this carelessness of one person. Now if i see someone that his loss their load i take there number down & report it to the police.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #13
HLC
Audi S3

im my dads old EL Tickford Fairmont, he had a big piece of sheet metal fly up on the M4 and slam into the front of his car side on leaving this massive diagnol cut/dent across the bar.

and even more recently, in the XR, he was following some nuff nuff in a van on the M4 and the ladder just flew of the roof infront of his car. now as we came up to it, some how the ladder SPUN parallel to the direction of travel so we JUST missed it, by millimetres, then it spun back perpendicular and hit the deck and caused chaos behind :|

people should take more care when putting stuff on their cars.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #14
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

I had a dog slide off a utes trayback onto the bonnet of my car at Strathpine about a year ago!! luck we were going slow and I did'nt run over the dog.....Stupid owner said -"Ahhh sorry mate thought I tied the little bugger up!" The dog seemed OK....Some mothers do have them thats for sure..

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #15
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Will have to see that lou, we'll catch up on the weekend. Certianly sorry to hear it, you're not having much luck latley, this don't help.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 10:01 PM   #16
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

Have to hate people that don't secure thier loads. Thats one reason I overtake people that have crap in trailers that are bouncing around and what not just to avoid getting hit by something.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #17
LTDHO
The one and only

People don't know how to tie things down or use trailers for that matter. Knot's are not hard to tie, rope isn't expensive.

Man that the Ford God that it the car stoped it hitting you.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 10:08 AM   #18
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Yeah people who don't secure loads are ИИИИwits in my opinion. I've lost track of the number of times ИИИИ has flown up off the road and smacked into my poor Falcon. Here's a couple I can remember:

1) Few years back, on the highway doing 100 in my Gemini behind a truck. Had been behind it for a while and I noticed something dangling. Few km up the road an entire ИИИИing wheel falls down from under his truck and bounces down the highway, over my car and kept going behind me sending cars swerving every which way. Saw about 1/2 a dozen of them go into the median strip ditch. The ИИИИer kept driving and never stopped.

2) Some idiot lost a hardhat from their car and it landed right in front of my Falcon. Luckily I had a bullbar at that stage so it smacked into that and the remainds of the hardhat struck the transmission protection plate and made a god-awful noise.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:15 AM   #19
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I've replaced lots of things due to idiots on the road. Wheelie bins failing out of the back of tradesmens trucks, bricks, bits of steel, you name it.

Currently am forking out for another fog light and repairs to the front of the XR from a bit of debris a truck kicked up. Fortunately it didn't get time to continue travelling up into the windscreen, but it's money I have to fork out because of other peoples incompetence.

Thats life eh. What goes around comes around.

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #20
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A large red truck operated by a well known concrete company overtook me on the Monash M1 last year, as it merged back into the lane i was in, it was dropping screenings, every time it hit a bump more screenings!. I ended up with 1 crack, 2 small stars and numerous stone chips on the front of the van, i managed to get the prime mover and the trailer reg and reported it to the company concerned, within 48 hours i had an apology and repairs were organised,as well as a new w/screen at their expense. What made me really angry was that i had only had the van re-painted approx 3 months prior!
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #21
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I need to repaint my front bar because of some debris that fell off the back off the truck and hit me. Didn't damage it, just took some of the paint off. Not happy!!!

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #22
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

We hit a 7foot tall red kangaroo near Burketown in North West QLD in a HR holden on the Variey Bash in 97.....

Had to get a different ride home.... Local rangers had to shoot roo !

Car was trashed..

AC/DC
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #23
BroncosXR8
Soldier on

I saw the the same thing happen bout 12 months ago on the 80km section of the motorway in townsville, was travelling north and a truck with colorbond roofing was going south, one of the colorbond sheets takes of up into the air and was just floating around like a bit of paper in the wind, luckily no one was behind it would have deadset chopped someone in half.
Do you think the truck driver even noticed....nope.
BroncosXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post