Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #31
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Don't forget the Suzuki Across (GSX250 ), a good learner bike with helmet storage inside the fake tank.
+1. My brother has one, gets to about 170/180. The boot is useful for a helmet or a bag or two of Maccas, and it's pretty distinctive, it redlines at 16k. It drags many cars off the line, but with a 250, decent cars and other 250s are competition, so don't spend too much. When you get a faster bike, the only competition you have are other riders.
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 09:28 PM   #32
HOON69
Banned

CBR250RR or R they are both a good bike though RR is obviously the better of the two or ZZR250 besides those RGV250 maybe?
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #33
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
+1. My brother has one, gets to about 170/180. The boot is useful for a helmet or a bag or two of Maccas, and it's pretty distinctive, it redlines at 16k. It drags many cars off the line, but with a 250, decent cars and other 250s are competition, so don't spend too much. When you get a faster bike, the only competition you have are other riders.
Only problem with the Across is it has a very poor range due to the tiny fuel tank. Also you WILL cop crap from comedians about the "handbag" storage at the front...sticks and stones ect. lol
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #34
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

It all sounds good to me.

How about the licences? How hard is it to get ya P's? What would I need to look out for when applying etc?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #35
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

merlin: Well, the way he rode, I think he got about 100km out of 10L, 10L per/100km (my EA gets 15L per/100km). A Corolla/Camry/Barina probably gets better fuel economy, but you don't necessarily have to wait in traffic. 250's seem to struggle a bit over 100km/hr, my mate's FIAT Regata 300 would probably beat it 100-140km/hr, so as I said, don't spend too much, it's not worth it.
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #36
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
merlin: Well, the way he rode, I think he got about 100km out of 10L, 10L per/100km (my EA gets 15L per/100km). A Corolla/Camry/Barina probably gets better fuel economy, but you don't necessarily have to wait in traffic. 250's seem to struggle a bit over 100km/hr, my mate's FIAT Regata 300 would probably beat it 100-140km/hr, so as I said, don't spend too much, it's not worth it.
Sorry I didn't mean fuel economy - I'm sure its pretty good on fuel, its just the range. Across owners on most forums report they only get about 160kms out of a tank.I reckon he would have got a lot better than 10L/100kms though.

When I used to own a ZZR250 I sometimes managed 3L/100kms in 100% city traffic, given that ZZR had a 15L tank and used to get about 500kms before needing to fill up. (I think I worked that out right...)
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post