Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-01-2015, 10:05 PM   #1
musicmick
Starter Motor

Default Snorkel removal and CAI for LW Sport.

Hi all, I removed the air intake snorkel from the front of my 2013 LW MKII Sport tonight. Was fairly easy to do. Saw all the guys on focus fanatics doing it so I thought I'd give it a go. I'll give it a run tomorrow and see if there is any noticeable difference. I want to grab a CAI for it too. Has anyone had experience with the K&N models? They have a 57series high flow air box and a 69 series Typhoon induction kit. I can't tell if the full induction kit will fit our cars though going off the information on their website. Anyone out there used these kits before?
musicmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2015, 02:17 PM   #2
musicmick
Starter Motor

Default Re: Snorkel removal and CAI for LW Sport.

Thought I'd post an update FYI. I installed the K&N Typhoon CAI last night. A word of warning. This thing is LOUD. Sounds cool outside but inside is really deep growl under load. Normal gentle driving is fine. Some people may think it's too much though. Took me about 2 hours on and off while watching the footy. Couple of tips for anyone installing this unit. People have said that you need to drill out one of the holes on the heat shield when fitting the MAF to it but there is no need for this. Just leave the rubber mounting stud bolts loose until you've fitted the MAF and then tighten. The instructions don't say this. You will also need to thread the bonnet release cable through the cold air deflector plate but don't fit the rubber grommet first. Do it after you thread the cable through as you will need to pull the cable holder through as well because it won't fit with the grommet in. The kit certainly looks great fitted. Time will tell if I get sick of the noise but right now it's kinda cool! My car is a 2013 Sport petrol auto hatch.
Old 25-05-2015, 12:21 PM   #3
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Thanks for posting the review, I'm sure it will help others. Did you get any pics to post up?
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2015, 05:29 PM   #4
musicmick
Starter Motor

Some pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (65.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 30-05-2015, 05:30 PM   #5
musicmick
Starter Motor

Another...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (67.6 KB, 29 views)
Old 01-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #6
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Nice one, looks like a good setup
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-06-2015, 10:26 PM   #7
musicmick
Starter Motor

Thanks. The kit seems to be very good quality and well made.