Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #1
Engineer
Cookie Monster

Default Factory AU II Alarm System

Hi Guys,

After going through the brochures on the AU II I noticed that there was a dealer fitted alarm system option. Does this integrate with the std smartlock system that the AU II was released with?

Does anyone have the option fitted and is it worth getting? Can it still be purchased from ford?

Cheers
John

Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I believe it does link onto the Smartlock system to arm and disarm. I don't know much technical detail but I actually met the guy who designed it, and he is very proud of it, but he apparently had a rough time dealing with Tickford and Ford while developing it and left the field.

The only gripes I have about it is that sometimes (maybe once every 10 times) it won't chirp when arming and you have to re-press it, at which point it beeps the horn to tell you it's already armed (the doors are locked) and then chirps.

It has reported several shock alerts in two years but didn't detect a red car banging into my rear bumper once and leaving red marks. It has also triggered the alarm all by itself when disarming twice.

Otherwise, it seems fine.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

You can get an add-on alarm from smartlock at any good alarm installer. Millenium brand rings a bell - I think this is what we had on our XR6 VCT (AU1). Should be similar for the AU2/3. Just ask for one that integates with smartlock so that you can use the existing remotes.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #4
antilooped

Ive just been through a few weeks of hell working out how to get an alarm put in my au2 xr6. The au2 does have a factory upgrade alarm, yes its purchaseable but its close to $1000 from coffee ford, and its only a factory upgrade (ie bolt on using factory smartsheild keys, 2 point immobiliser). I had to have 3 point immobiliser + rolling code, so i ended up going to expert installs in hallam and had installed a vision upgrade package and immobiliser for about $450. I lost my factory remote, but trust me, its hard to find a quality system that keeps them. I still got a remote, just no boot release button (which i never used anyways).

Hope this helps
antilooped is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #5
plext
Forum Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
The only gripes I have about it is that sometimes (maybe once every 10 times) it won't chirp when arming and you have to re-press it, at which point it beeps the horn to tell you it's already armed (the doors are locked) and then chirps.
Have to second that one, mine does it at about the same rate.

Never had any false alarm issues with it though.
plext is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 11:37 PM   #6
chief
FTF Club Moderator

When I bought the car 2nd hand the alarm was already fitted but the funny key shaped key (yes that was poor english) did not come with the car. I enquired about it and they didn't have the key either. So it was left at that and is in the off position.( You can turn it on or off with this odd shaped key).

So do I go to Ford and get another key or get a total aftermarket alarm like rhino or something.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 04:56 PM   #7
nuzza
Starter Motor

When I got my new stereo installed last week I got a cyclops upgrade alarm fitted which still uses the existing ford remote but upgrades it to a proper alarm, with all the bells and whistles and they cool "bip bip" sound.. They are worth around 150, but the installation is what costs the big dollars.. lucky my friend works at strathfield :P
nuzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #8
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

I think the ALARM PROFESSOR ( part of the TINT PROFESSOR mob ) do the alarm to match the AUII .
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 12:05 AM   #9
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok, so i have the remote with the four buttons on it (lock, unlock, boot and panic) and the way i always lock it is to press the button twice. The first time i press it, there is no sound but for the locks themselves locking, then the second time i press it the horn sounds one sharp beep. I was under the impression that by doing this, i go into "dead lock" mode rather than just lock. Is this correct or am i just playing with myself?
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 12:20 AM   #10
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

I think its just to confirm the car is actually locked , but i do like to hear it as im walkin off pressing the button just so i know for sure its locked , if u press the lock down on your door before closing it then u only have to press the button on your remote once to get the conformation 'beep/chirp' .
Old 23-02-2006, 02:18 AM   #11
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BargeEA
ok, so i have the remote with the four buttons on it (lock, unlock, boot and panic) and the way i always lock it is to press the button twice. The first time i press it, there is no sound but for the locks themselves locking, then the second time i press it the horn sounds one sharp beep. I was under the impression that by doing this, i go into "dead lock" mode rather than just lock. Is this correct or am i just playing with myself?
I think the Commondores have this deadlock feature, but not falcons.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 23-02-2006, 09:15 AM   #12
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Dealerships normally get add ons via businessess like mine and resell it as factory alarm.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 09:46 AM   #13
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I think the Commondores have this deadlock feature, but not falcons.
yeah, i wasnt 100% sure, but i like to do it twice anyway, makes me feel better.
There is also one thing that annoys the hell out of me, and thats when i unlock it, pressing it once only unlocks the drivers door, so if someone else is getting in the car, they automatically go to open it as soon as they see the indicators flash, but its still locked on their side. Thats not so bad, its alot worse if i am in the car going to pick someone up, cos only my door is open, and that stupid button on the left of the steering column just locks eveything. So i either have to press it six times till it finally opens, or turn off the whole car, take the keys out and unlock it with the pad! Theres got to be an easier way, i just havent found it yet?
Old 23-02-2006, 09:51 AM   #14
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

2 ways .....

1./ u can reprogram your pad so it only takes 1 click to open all doors ..

2./ if u are inside ur car and want to unlock the other doors , just press down the lock on your door, then press the button 'once' on the left of your steering wheel to unlock all the doors
Old 23-02-2006, 10:08 AM   #15
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

oh , by the way ... if u hold down the lock & unlock button on your keypad for about 5 seconds ( until your indicators flash ) - hold them at the same time ...... this will change it to single press mode , where u can unloack all the doors by only pressing the button once ... if u want to go back to the 2 button procedure again , just repeat the above steps..
Old 23-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #16
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats awesome, i will give it a go after work tonight. i can understand the reason why it does it, security and what not, but i dont see anyone trying to car jack me while i am two feet away from it, let alone inside it.
Old 23-02-2006, 02:11 PM   #17
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

ok ... for those that didn't get a manual with their car , the following options apply to the keypad.

By defauly the keypad is set to mode 2..

mode 2 consists of single 'open' click to unlock drivers door, another 'open' click to unlock the rest of the passengers doors. This feature also automatically locks your door if there is no keys in the ignition and the door is closed , with keys in the ignition the door will not lock.

mode 1 consists of one single 'open' click to unlock ALL the doors , also this mode will NOT automatically lock your car , regardless of keys left in the ignition or not.

to change between modes 1 & 2 hold down the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for around 5 seconds until indicators flash ..done ..to go back to the other mode just repeat this process again.
Old 23-02-2006, 11:50 PM   #18
Steve_T

XR6-VCT-2000 - correct on the keypad modes - but note that the auto-lock feature is a totally seperate thing to the keypad modes - you can turn both featres on or off (keypad modes and auto-locking) independently of each other.

Bit on info. re. factory alarm: Made by Vision Alarms (who also make and sell alarms under their own brand as well as OEM stuff) - shouldn't cost more than $600 odd from a Ford dealer. Features:
*Battery backup siren
*Override key
*Bonnet, boot/tailgate and door sensors
*Dual stage adjustable shock sensor
*Detects electrical system tampering
*Optional glass break detector
*Integrates with smartlock - works with factory remotes and also auto-lock/auto-arming (programmable) - also has auto sector-isolation and re-arm when using boot release button on remote
*Warning chirps if you try to arm system with the bonnet not closed properly

And that's about all I can think of now

Cheetah make some great top of the line aftermarket alarms including ones which will integrate with smartlock. They also have the option of biometric immobilizers (using fingerprint reading pad).
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 12:00 AM   #19
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so i got it into mode 1, and thats sweet, but i totally forgot about the auto locking feature, and that i kinda like. so, is it definatly true that i have disabled this feature by going back to mode 1? i mean, i can always find out myself, how long does it usually wait before it locks itself?
Old 24-02-2006, 12:14 AM   #20
Steve_T

Don't remember the delay on auto-lock, but nah, if you've disabled it you can just re-enable it again no probs - like I say, it's not related to the keypad mode as such. Should be procedure in your user manual how to switch auto-locking. Else I'll get back to ya on it.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 02:43 AM   #21
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

If you unlock the car and don't open a door, the car locks itself after 30 to 120 seconds (depending on model).

Old 24-02-2006, 08:46 AM   #22
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

yeah it must be depending on model , because mine only locks its self automatically in security mode ( mode 2 ) . The auto-lock feature disables with mine when i switch to mode 1
Old 24-02-2006, 10:01 AM   #23
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Does any of your factory alarms also sound different almost every time? Sometimes it yelps "upwards" when arming, sometimes it is just a simple loud beep and other times it sounds slightly less yelpy. Yesterday I locked it about 6 times and each time it sounded different. Happens almost every day. I set my panic alarm off by mistake twice yesterday while carrying some heavy things.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #24
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

There is nothing in my manual (auii xr6) about disabling the auto lock feature. I am just going of what it said and how mine reacts . If i switch to mode 1 my car definatelly does NOT auto lock , weather its supposed to or not in mode 1 i dont know , but i like it like that anyway . I dont think it is supposed to lock in mode 1 though , just by going off how they call mode 2 'security mode' and mode 1 is just 'standard mode'. If someone can be bothered looking up better specs for the SMARTSHIELD than what ford supplys in the users manual , then go for it ..lol )
Old 24-02-2006, 11:13 AM   #25
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

I just bought the factory upgrade for my AU II a feew months ago. It cost me round about 350 from memory and that was including all of the obove mentioned features. I still have the install manual and the seperate user guide if anyone is interested.
It took me about 3 hours to fit, as part of the main wiring loom needs to be disconnected and looped through the alarm.
The main reason i went for this upgrade, is that i didnt want to have 2 different remotes for the car, i know the aftermarket alarms will control the central locking, but i still wanted remote boot release, as the au's dont have boot locks. The second reason was that Ford supply everything with the kit. you get the siren bracket for the firewall and brake booster, mounting bracket for the shock sensor and alarm module, and all the wiring has the proper connecters, so really its a plug and play scenario.
I have noticed like the others that every now and then it doesnt chirp when arming, but i just unlock and rearm and its fine.

Tim
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 04:22 PM   #26
Engineer
Cookie Monster

Default Alarm

Hey Edxr6,

Do you have the part number for the alarm? Was it purchased from Ford direct or through an alarm dealer?

I would love the ford part number coz i want to order one.

Cheers
Engineer
Old 24-02-2006, 04:44 PM   #27
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer
Hey Edxr6,

Do you have the part number for the alarm? Was it purchased from Ford direct or through an alarm dealer?

I would love the ford part number coz i want to order one.

Cheers
Engineer
It has part number AU2-19A361A on the install manual. Hopefully this will be on the ford computer.
Cheers
Tim
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #28
Engineer
Cookie Monster

Hey edxr6,

U R A legend!!

Cheers
John