Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-03-2016, 05:24 PM   #1
4cyl_Turbo

Default Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csfulton View Post
GTLEGEND, You were correct.

I started testing the battery and found that the voltage was indeed very low while the car was off for a while. Going as low as 12.30 V.
I have always had a dashcam attached and never had an issue with stop/start.

Are you using the cig outlet or USB to power the cam?
What brand/model of cam?

Has anyone bothered connecting an OBD2 port wifi/Bluetooth adapter?
I have one that I used on my previous car, but haven't got around to trying it on the Focus yet.

They can be useful to check various readings that aren't normally visible.
Eg. Coolant temp, battery voltage, loads of sensors etc.
You need an iPhone or android app to display and potentially read/reset codes.
2018 Ford Focus SA Titanium - white (current)
4cyl_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2016, 06:16 PM   #2
csfulton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cyl_Turbo View Post
I have always had a dashcam attached and never had an issue with stop/start.

Are you using the cig outlet or USB to power the cam?
What brand/model of cam?
BLACKVUE DR650GW-2CH

Using two added circuits on the fuse box under the glove box. One circuit is 24/7 battery and one circuit for ignition. It is designed to turn off power to the cam at 12V and turn back on when the ignition is on. As far as I am aware it has not reached 12 volts, so the camera has never turned off.
csfulton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2016, 08:59 PM   #3
NormM67

Quote:
BLACKVUE DR650GW-2CH

It is designed to turn off power to the cam at 12V and turn back on when the ignition is on.
Can you adjust that? I've been looking at wiring kits like the Power Magic Pro but have decided not to use parking mode anyway. My dashcam is still on it's way from China but I think I'll just splice into fuse 86 as from what I've read that's the only one that cuts power when the ignition is off (apart from fuses in the engine bay and the rear compartment fuse box).

Still have to work out where to install it. Was going to go in the center under the rear view mirror but noticed the wipers don't cover that area and I'd prefer not to have it too low. I'll figure all that out when it arrives
NormM67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2016, 10:04 PM   #4
csfulton

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormM67 View Post
Can you adjust that?
11.5v is the only other option if I remember correctly. 12v is way too low for a battery.

Quote:
I've been looking at wiring kits like the Power Magic Pro but have decided not to use parking mode anyway. My dashcam is still on it's way from China but I think I'll just splice into fuse 86 as from what I've read that's the only one that cuts power when the ignition is off (apart from fuses in the engine bay and the rear compartment fuse box).
http://imgur.com/8l4p32G

That is how I had done it. You can buy these "Add on Circuits" for the fuse box. Goes in like a fuse, you place the original fuse into the first slot, and then you have a fuse slot for the added circuit and a good bit of wire to start from.

For the Ground there is a 10mm nut behind the fuse box, just use a ring terminal.
Old 23-03-2016, 08:20 PM   #5
NormM67

Quote:
For the Ground there is a 10mm nut behind the fuse box, just use a ring terminal.
Thanks for the pic. Yeap, I'll be using a fuse tap, just the one though. When you say you've used a ground nut behind the fuse box, does that mean you've removed the fuse box? Just looks a bit tight in there so I was hoping that wouldn't be needed.
NormM67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2016, 11:18 PM   #6
csfulton

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormM67 View Post
When you say you've used a ground nut behind the fuse box, does that mean you've removed the fuse box? Just looks a bit tight in there so I was hoping that wouldn't be needed.
I did remove it for "easier" access. The fuse box doesn't move much from there. You should be able to get access without removing it, use a phone camera and flash set to torch on to get a good look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
What type of driving were you doing at 212km a day, percentage motorway vs urban.
About 50/50 in for KM driven.

From what I can tell the killer of fuel is uphill and slow moving traffic. If you can set and forget the cruise control to a speed then you are going to save fuel. Tho that's a given.

When you do drive it fast using higher revs and a lot of throttle in corners, you don't use much more fuel. 8.538L/100Km was Putty Road. Although the driving score was very low after that.