Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-03-2006, 12:22 AM   #1
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Default Removing Interior

Hay guys I picked up the t3 te50 leather interior from FTG. It has preety much everything except the dash which I will have to pickup on the weekend.

I need to put in everything seat belts/carpet the whole lot to convert an au2 grey interior.

The question is what troubles am I likely to run into? The only electrical thing I can see that needs to be done is the rear power windows and cruise control.

Iv been told the seats require a special torx bit along with the steering wheel. Just trying to get a heads up on any issues which may arise or any small parts that may be required any help would be great.

Old 29-03-2006, 12:38 AM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

get 1/2 a dozen margine containers or the like and label them.. For example door scuff plate screws, centre console screws etc.. Some of the little bugger looks similiar but are actually different thread types... SAme for the torque bolts that hold the seat belt anchors against the side. Atleast all the seat and seat belts use the same size bit

When you get the centre console out you with see two 12mm or so round rods coming down from the dashboard.. Even when you undo the 10mm bolts that hold them into the floor there doesn't seem to be enough play to slide the carpet out around them as they are suppoorting the whole dash.. I trim the carpet around the rods and slice it between the opening for the t-bar and that little module (you'll see the one I mean) to remove it without busting my balls.. Then i make the similiar cuts in the new carpet for ease of re-installation.. Due to the carpet having spigots in it to locate the front seat bolt holes the carpet won't move around much. I run a strip of tape over the slices for the sake of it and once the console is back on it is all hidden.

While you have the carpet out, and the side trims off the pilliars, remove the front seat belt retractors and feed 4 wires from the front kick panel to the pilliar on the drivers side, then push them thru the bung for the door looms..THen run another three across the car to the passenger side rear door (Remove the black rubber cover and squeeze the tabs on the white conector) to pull the connector thru the hole so it is loose on the outside and you can join the wires to the loom for later when you get the looms in the doors for the rear windows.

There's probably moe.. but long enough post to start with.. If I think of anything else I'll add it

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 12:44 AM   #3
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Price?

How much you pick this up for?

Cheers

Simon
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 09:05 AM   #4
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Thanks Racecraft I think though it might be longer then just a weekend job now. Im guessing the dash/carpet/seat belts sound like they will be by far the worst.

With the park brake handle. Do you have to remove the seats to change it? Like im not going to replace it this weekend because I don't have one (well I aint checked yet). The thing is can it be removed easly later on down the track without having to remove the interior again.

And ozford picked it up for 2k you should of seen the size of the thing it arrived on. Ill try and grab a pic tonight
Old 29-03-2006, 05:59 PM   #5
SIKSIX
Its gone V

well the bit for the seats i just bought one from total tools for like $6, and my handbrake cover comes off by twisting side to side and pulling on it at the same time.

but what i did to loosen the seat bolts, i had two 12'' shifters on the bit just to snap the bolts loose then connected a battery drill to the bit and yeah...

hardest thing is loosening them the first time.
SIKSIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #6
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Once you get stuck into it, it's not that big of a job. Pretty scary to see how little actually holds the seats in. Post some pics when finished
HOTC2R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post